The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I sent off my application this afternoon - I'm applying to Nottingham, Southampton, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Canterbury Christchurch. What are everyone's predicted grades? I'm predicted A*AA so I think I'll be fine in terms of grades :smile:
Reply 61
It is yes :smile: Cardiff is my insurance but I've not heard from them yet! Where else have you applied?

Original post by M_E_Rosie
It's hopefully going to be my insurance I think , but the facilities and everyone there were so nice so it's a tough decision! Is it your first choice?
Original post by SamBam12
It is yes :smile: Cardiff is my insurance but I've not heard from them yet! Where else have you applied?

Southampton, Birmingham, Nottingham (rejected :frown:) and Cardiff :smile: haven't heard from Cardiff yet either! What are your other choices?
Reply 63
Hey! Congratulations!!

Has anyone here applied for King's College London and going to the selection day this Wednesday? (4/11/15)
Just got an interview for York- anyone else?
Original post by hannahrose11
Just got an interview for York- anyone else?

Well done :smile: I applied there 3 weeks ago but havent heard yet :frown: when did you apply?
Original post by Chash22308903
Well done :smile: I applied there 3 weeks ago but havent heard yet :frown: when did you apply?

About 3 weeks as well but only just heard so sure you'll hear soon 😃 Good luck!
Original post by hannahrose11
About 3 weeks as well but only just heard so sure you'll hear soon 😃 Good luck!

Thanks! you too with the interview! Did they email first or did you just get it through track?
Original post by Chash22308903
Thanks! you too with the interview! Did they email first or did you just get it through track?

Email- mine hasn't appeared on track at all!
Reading through this has actually terrified me so much! Hoping to come over from Ireland to do children's nursing after doing a 1 year course in Nursing Studies ( and recently just dropped out of Uni doing a bachelor's in psychology and english over here.) Especially nervous because I haven't a clue how things work, how competitive it is etc...
Reply 70
Original post by rebecca1472
Reading through this has actually terrified me so much! Hoping to come over from Ireland to do children's nursing after doing a 1 year course in Nursing Studies ( and recently just dropped out of Uni doing a bachelor's in psychology and english over here.) Especially nervous because I haven't a clue how things work, how competitive it is etc...

Children nursing are very competitive more than adult nursing over here. Since you've dropped out of uni doing a diff course, you're gonna have to come out thoroughly clear as to why you changed your decision. But I think you're safe as you've done Nursing studies which might've given you an insight in the nursing life. What else do you wanna know?
Original post by KingK16
Children nursing are very competitive more than adult nursing over here. Since you've dropped out of uni doing a diff course, you're gonna have to come out thoroughly clear as to why you changed your decision. But I think you're safe as you've done Nursing studies which might've given you an insight in the nursing life. What else do you wanna know?

Hey, thanks so much for your speedy reply! Yeah it's the same here, Children's Nursing is ridiculously competitive. I think the nursing Studies course I completed will really stand to me, a lot of people in this thread are talking about work experience etc, I have been working in a Nursing Home as I'm a qualified Health Care Assistant but that's not children related at all, would that be of any use?
Reply 72
Hey, thanks so much for your speedy reply! Yeah it's the same here, Children's Nursing is ridiculously competitive. I think the nursing Studies course I completed will really stand to me, a lot of people in this thread are talking about work experience etc, I have been working in a Nursing Home as I'm a qualified Health Care Assistant but that's not children related at all, would that be of any use?

Hi, no problem. IKR! I hardly have any experience but still giving a go for child nursing. Umm Im not sure if care homes gonna be any help really, have you not had any child related experiences ? But as a HCA you can tell them how you're adapted to a hospital like environment and know the basics of caring for the service user. If you do have any child experiences than compare that with the nursing home and explain how/why you'd prefer the child more.
Original post by KingK16
Hi, no problem. IKR! I hardly have any experience but still giving a go for child nursing. Umm Im not sure if care homes gonna be any help really, have you not had any child related experiences ? But as a HCA you can tell them how you're adapted to a hospital like environment and know the basics of caring for the service user. If you do have any child experiences than compare that with the nursing home and explain how/why you'd prefer the child more.

Well good for you! I hope it all goes exceptionally well for you! I've had a small bit of experience with caring for children with special needs but not as extensive and in depth as the care home, but i'll be sure to compare the two. Thanks so much for your help! I hope all this stress will be worth it in the end this is my very last chance to get into nursing! I've tried every route at home to no avail unfortunately!
Reply 74
Well good for you! I hope it all goes exceptionally well for you! I've had a small bit of experience with caring for children with special needs but not as extensive and in depth as the care home, but i'll be sure to compare the two. Thanks so much for your help! I hope all this stress will be worth it in the end this is my very last chance to get into nursing! I've tried every route at home to no avail unfortunately!

Thank you so much! I hope the same for you. Are you about to write up your personal statement ? If so then include all types of skills you have that will equip you to be a good nurse. Or you can say how you've developed and improved your interpersonal skills while working at the nursing home as this is very important for a nurse. This stress is just the beginning :frown: What uni's do you have in mind though, if you don't mind me asking.
Original post by Sianbx
I have applied for children's nursing for 2016 for BCU, Wolverhampton and Worcester. Has anyone heard from these uni's? I've got a selection test for Wolverhampton next week but I haven't heard off the others xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive had an interview for bcu but they are working through the people who applied for Jan first so don't worry too much x
Reply 76
Original post by Lauren994
Ive had an interview for bcu but they are working through the people who applied for Jan first so don't worry too much x

Ohh okay thanks so much😊 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received a conditional offer for Child Nursing from Surrey yesterday evening (a record 27 hours after my interview) - a bit shocked but very happy :biggrin:
Original post by Kat129
Just been invited to an interview/selection day at Southampton University for Child Branch Nursing. Can't believe how excited I am at just getting this far.

Original post by Kat129
Yep. Me. Going on the 27th November :-)

Hey me too, for Child and Adult Dual Branch but we'll all be mixed together by the sounds of things! See you both on November 27th :biggrin:
Original post by Bethaaaaany
Hey me too, for Child and Adult Dual Branch but we'll all be mixed together by the sounds of things! See you both on November 27th :biggrin:

And me! :biggrin: sounds absolutely terrifying :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending