The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NathanDYEL
I don't even know why people are still asking me questions about my opinion..... I share the same opinion with many other people. Are they trying to change my opinion? I'm not religious or homophobic, I don't pray or go to church and I work in a gay bar.......with drag queens.

1) I didn't ask questions about your opinion, but people are of course allowed to do so. Considering your very fallacious arguments and repetitive use of the word 'soft' as if it's synonymous with 'bad' or 'harmful', it's not difficult to understand why.

2) Just because many people agree with you doesn't make your opinion correct. That is an argumentum ad populum fallacy. Damn you're just piling on the fallacies tonight aren't ya! :tongue:

3) The last part about you working in a gay bar sounds suspiciously like "I'm not racist, I have loads of black friends." We don't care who you work with or whether you're religious, we're just questioning the logic in your comments. The fact that you have to pander to your background or occupation to defend yourself pretty much shows your comments aren't very defensible in and of themselves.
Original post by Danz123
1) I didn't ask questions about your opinion, but people are of course allowed to do so. Considering your very fallacious arguments and repetitive use of the word 'soft' as if it's synonymous with 'bad' or 'harmful', it's not difficult to understand why.

2) Just because many people agree with you doesn't make your opinion correct. That is an argumentum ad populum fallacy. Damn you're just piling on the fallacies tonight aren't ya! :tongue:

3) The last part about you working in a gay bar sounds suspiciously like "I'm not racist, I have loads of black friends." We don't care who you work with or whether you're religious, we're just questioning the logic in your comments. The fact that you have to pander to your background or occupation to defend yourself pretty much shows your comments aren't very defensible in and of themselves.

1)Didn't say you did.
2)Didn't say it did.
3)Just to stop any people jumping in and shouting homophobe etc etc etc
1)Didn't say you did.
2)Didn't say it did.
3)Just to stop any people jumping in and shouting homophobe etc etc etc

Right, well people will question your opinions if they seem very illogical, as they'll want to see how you go about justifying something they may disagree with. It's one of the inevitable consequences of voicing your opinion.

Working in a gay bar or having gay friends does not mean you are suddenly not homophobic. Indeed, I know someone who has gay friends that hates the fact that said friends are gay, but chooses to stay quiet about it/acts as if they're not gay.
Original post by Danz123
Right, well people will question your opinions if they seem very illogical, as they'll want to see how you go about justifying something they may disagree with. It's one of the inevitable consequences of voicing your opinion.

Working in a gay bar or having gay friends does not mean you are suddenly not homophobic. Indeed, I know someone who has gay friends that hates the fact that said friends are gay, but chooses to stay quiet about it/acts as if they're not gay.

Okay well if people choose to believe I'm homophobic then that's fine, i dont care either way. I'm just saying I'm not and giving you an option to believe me or not. It does seem very strange to make friends with gay people if you hate gay people though........Same applies to being friends with black people if you're racist. I don't like murderers, which just like being gay can be argued as not a choice. Therefore i try and make it a habbit of staying away from them.
Bed time !
Okay well if people choose to believe I'm homophobic then that's fine, i dont care either way. I'm just saying I'm not and giving you an option to believe me or not. It does seem very strange to make friends with gay people if you hate gay people though........Same applies to being friends with black people if you're racist. I don't like murderers, which just like being gay can be argued as not a choice. Therefore i try and make it a habbit of staying away from them.

Well saying homophobic things or having views which could be construed as homophobic does not equate to you having hatred for all gay people. In other words hating gay people is not the only thing that can be classed as homophobic.

Murderers do have a choice when they kill people... that was a very bad comparison you made there.
Original post by z33
well i mean i dressed up as two face, the Joker, Batman, Superman as a kid for Halloween so yeah why not?

and you wonder why everyone calls you bro.:biggrin:

I don't think that gender discrimination should matter, everyone is entitled to be a princess.
I've never understood how people can get so riled up over a social construct.

If it doesn't harm your child, what's the problem? And no, I refuse to accept your son dressing up as a princess will inflict emotional damage. :rolleyes: You denying your sons wishes based on your own prejudiced, illogical opinions, however ...
Yes; I don't bloody care. I think it's ridiculous when people automatically think that a child wanting to dress as an opposite gendered character is necessarily questioning their gender identity. It's just a bit of fun. I went as Carrie White for Halloween; I very rarely want to use my telekenisis to kill hundreds of people.
Original post by EllieC130
Yes; I don't bloody care. I think it's ridiculous when people automatically think that a child wanting to dress as an opposite gendered character is necessarily questioning their gender identity. It's just a bit of fun. I went as Carrie White for Halloween; I very rarely want to use my telekenisis to kill hundreds of people.

Excuse me, I'm just going to store this costume idea away for next year. :biggrin:
My son wont even wear pink. i wont allow that mental illness in my house.

By the way. My kids wont do any Halloween rubbish. That's silly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Danz123
Well saying homophobic things or having views which could be construed as homophobic does not equate to you having hatred for all gay people. In other words hating gay people is not the only thing that can be classed as homophobic.

Murderers do have a choice when they kill people... that was a very bad comparison you made there.

In what way is a murderers choice any different from that of a gay man. Sex between two gay men serves no purpose apart from pleasure and self-gain. Same with murder in most cases.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ForgetMe
No, I called you pussy because you were scared to let your son be a princess, not because I dislike pussies :tongue: Courtney Act from RuPaul's Drag Race is not scary at all :tongue:

Wow..he doesn't look scary but you can tell that there's something just not right :tongue: I bet he's had every surgery known to man done :lol: There are so many people with your avi now :lolwut:
Original post by acupofgreentea
Excuse me, I'm just going to store this costume idea away for next year. :biggrin:

Lol just be careful with the fake blood. My housemates now hate me.
In what way is a murderers choice any different from that of a gay man. Sex between two gay men serves no purpose apart from pleasure and self-gain. Same with murder in most cases.

You're really equating same-sex love to murder here aren't you? Bloody hell mate, now if that isn't homophobic I don't know what is. Do you not see the glaring difference that sex between two people of the same gender HARMS NOONE. There doesn't need to be a baby 9 months down the line for it to classify as harmless. On the other hand, at the end of a murder someone is ****ing dead. I'm not sure why I needed to spell it out for you but there it is.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Now, here me out when I say I would prohibit such an unnecessary behavior, for obvious reasons.

If I had a son that wanted to dress up as a princess, I'd let him.

Freedom, creativity and expression are important in my life.
Original post by Danz123
You're really equating same-sex love to murder here aren't you? Bloody hell mate, now if that isn't homophobic I don't know what is. Do you not see the glaring difference that sex between two people of the same gender HARMS NOONE. There doesn't need to be a baby 9 months down the line for it to classify as harmless. On the other hand, at the end of a murder someone is ****ing dead. I'm not sure why I needed to spell it out for you but there it is.

Maybe it does harm people.... AIDS
Original post by ermahgerd11
Definitely not! Don't want my son growing up a pussy :smile:

jesus christ :rofl:

Original post by Kittiara
Sure, if he wanted to. :smile: That's what dressing up is all about - you can pretend to be whoever/whatever you want to be for a night, and have some fun.

Yea but "for a night" could turn into a lifetime...
Original post by MangoCrazy
Lol today a saw a cute little boy wearing a sari :rofl:

you are ****ing lying! I am so done :rofl::rofl:

Spoiler

Original post by Mal Baadshah
you are ****ing lying! I am so done :rofl::rofl:

Spoiler

No I'm being serious. I smiled and just couldn't stop grinning. The were two other girls wearing them as well I think he just wanted to fit on or something :lol:

You're not cute m8. Too old and badass :rofl2:

:teehee:

Latest