The Student Room Group

I refuse to conform

I have Peter-Pan Syndrome
If there's a name for your behaviour, then you're clearly conforming to something.
Did you know that it's possible to conform by not conforming?

I mean, think about all the youth movements that view themselves as "rebellious", but in reality all members of the movement are conforming to their peer group. The same clothing, the same kind of speech, etc. Maybe they're rebelling against their parents, but they're still conforming to some kind of group thinking or ideology. They are not truly behaving as individuals.
Original post by F.Nietzsche
I have Peter-Pan Syndrome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ON7Yh8Ml3fE
Original post by FireGarden
If there's a name for your behaviour, then you're clearly conforming to something.

Original post by jeremy1988
Did you know that it's possible to conform by not conforming?

I mean, think about all the youth movements that view themselves as "rebellious", but in reality all members of the movement are conforming to their peer group. The same clothing, the same kind of speech, etc. Maybe they're rebelling against their parents, but they're still conforming to some kind of group thinking or ideology. They are not truly behaving as individuals.

I agree with what you both have said, this thread is from a song that I'm currently listening to, it's interesting
Me too. It's why my life is always in limbo.

Quick Reply

Latest