The Student Room Group

Am I gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katty3
So bisexuals, asexuals and pansexuals don't exist then? Thanks. So invalidating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously you fit into the "weird hippy" category.
Original post by DiddyDec
Obviously you fit into the "weird hippy" category.

No. I fit into the asexual category. I'm not a weird hippy because I don't fit into one of your two categories. It's like saying all trees are either oak or pine. When a beech tree comes along you say that it's just weird, rather than being genuinely a different, but perfectly normal and healthy tree.

Human sexuality is very very very complicated. It is wrong to suggest that people fit into two categories and ignore anyone else as weird. There are many different orientations and each is equally valid.

Your attitude is one of the reasons why we asexuals say that we don't come out of the closet, we come out of the wardrobe to Narnia because no one believes what we experience anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
No. I fit into the asexual category. I'm not a weird hippy because I don't fit into one of your two categories. It's like saying all trees are either oak or pine. When a beech tree comes along you say that it's just weird, rather than being genuinely a different, but perfectly normal and healthy tree.

Human sexuality is very very very complicated. It is wrong to suggest that people fit into two categories and ignore anyone else as weird. There are many different orientations and each is equally valid.

Your attitude is one of the reasons why we asexuals say that we don't come out of the closet, we come out of the wardrobe to Narnia because no one believes what we experience anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not my categories,
Not my categories,

Just do the entire MOGII community a favour, really simple, and don't F***ING TRIVIALISE our orientations by dismissing those of us who have non binary sexualities. It is exactly the same as calling asexuals "special snowflakes" and it is really invalidating, not to mention offensive. Just don't do it. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
So bisexuals, asexuals and pansexuals don't exist then? Thanks. So invalidating.

What I don't understand is no one cared for these terms 25 years ago so why do people need them now? Why do people have to have a specific term for them and insist everyone call them by it? :curious:

Original post by ivybridge
How did you draw that conclusion? :lol:!

Quite easily :rofl: Your profile says it all bud.
Original post by Jimbo1234
What I don't understand is no one cared for these terms 25 years ago so why do people need them now? Why do people have to have a specific term for them and insist everyone call them by it? :curious:

Quite easily :rofl: Your profile says it all bud.

Whatever you say... :s-smilie:
Original post by Katty3
Just do the entire MOGII community a favour, really simple, and don't F***ING TRIVIALISE our orientations by dismissing those of us who have non binary sexualities. It is exactly the same as calling asexuals "special snowflakes" and it is really invalidating, not to mention offensive. Just don't do it. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you need strangers on the internet to validate you?

Also can you asexually reproduce as an asexual?
Why do you need strangers on the internet to validate you?

Also can you asexually reproduce as an asexual?

I need people to not ignore the existence of asexuals. And not call us offensive names. And basically acknowledge that many people aren't just gay or straight.

The proper name is abiogenetic reproduction. Plants do it.

We're not plants so we can't reproduce that way.

We're secretly dragons.1446589808607.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Katty3
I need people to not ignore the existence of asexuals. And not call us offensive names. And basically acknowledge that many people aren't just gay or straight.

The proper name is abiogenetic reproduction. Plants do it.

We're not plants so we can't reproduce that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you need it?

No asexual reproduction is completely different to abiogenesis. In fact abiogenetic reproduction is not even a thing. Abiogenesis is where life arises from non-organic matter and is theorised to be the origin of all life on Earth.
Why do you need it?

Because before I knew I was ace I felt broken.

Because before I knew about asexuality I thought there was something wrong with me.

Because I'm not a freak.

Because my sexuality is not a gap.

Because asexuality is not a second rate orientation.

Because it is just as valid as any other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe a better word for gay culture should be "liberal sexualities". A bit like how being straight is conservative/old-thinking, while being liberal is progressive/new-thinking.
Original post by Katty3

Because before I knew about asexuality I thought there was something wrong with me.

Because I'm not a freak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is what happens when bored Western/Westernised teenagers put a premium on sexuality and identity.

A whole lot of nonsense which does not get one anywhere in life.
Original post by Katty3

Because I'm not a freak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely by the very definition of asexual, it is not sexuality at all, in fact it is a complete void of sexuality.

Are you the Ace of Spades?
Original post by candycaneland500
did u feel attracted to him?
Did he want the D :colone: :lol:
Original post by mcpon14
I've taken showers with a guy before where we're in our underwear and we washed each others backs, chests, arms, bellies and legs. I've let him kiss me on the neck repeatedly. He tried kissing me on the lips but I didn't kiss back. I let him lay on top of me and grind on me until he had to roll over and relieve himself.

It's not gay unless the balls are touching
Surely by the very definition of asexual, it is not sexuality at all, in fact it is a complete void of sexuality.

Are you the Ace of Spades?

No. It is a sexual orientation meaning that I feel no sexual attraction to anybody at all ever. It is not a void. Nothing is missing.

Ace of hearts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
No. It is a sexual orientation meaning that I feel no sexual attraction to anybody at all ever. It is not a void. Nothing is missing.

Ace of hearts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a void of sexual attraction.
Original post by Katty3

Because I'm not a freak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it is all about you, and not anyone else. So you want everyone else to change what they say to make just you happy? Sorry, but what world do you live in?
Original post by Jimbo1234
So it is all about you, and not anyone else. So you want everyone else to change what they say to make just you happy? Sorry, but what world do you live in?

It is not just about me. Between one and six per cent of the population of the planet is asexual and many of us feel marginalised or broken because our sexual orientation is often ignored. I often have to create a new box when a survey asks my sexual orientation because asexuality is just not on there as an option. Asexuality has only just been taken out of the DSM. I want people to treat asexuals like they would any other orientation. Not treating it like an illness is a good start.

The next step is acknowledging our existence. I do want people to change what they say. I want schools to mention the fact that not everyone feels sexual attraction and many people feel attraction very rarely. Then say that many people don't want sex ever. And basically acknowledge that asexuals aren't unicorns or little children. Putting it bluntly, I want inclusive sex education. I was never taught about how lesbian couples could prevent STD transmission. This obviously doesn't effect me, but it is a good sign of how broken sex ed is in schools at the moment.

I live in this world. Which is why I want things to change. It is not acceptable to insult a gay person's sexual orientation, so why is it acceptable to insult an asexuals? Because when you call us special snowflakes that is what you are doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
It is not just about me. Between one and six per cent of the population of the planet is asexual and many of us feel marginalised or broken because our sexual orientation is often ignored. I often have to create a new box when a survey asks my sexual orientation because asexuality is just not on there as an option. Asexuality has only just been taken out of the DSM. I want people to treat asexuals like they would any other orientation. Not treating it like an illness is a good start.

The next step is acknowledging our existence. I do want people to change what they say. I want schools to mention the fact that not everyone feels sexual attraction and many people feel attraction very rarely. Then say that many people don't want sex ever. And basically acknowledge that asexuals aren't unicorns or little children. Putting it bluntly, I want inclusive sex education. I was never taught about how lesbian couples could prevent STD transmission. This obviously doesn't effect me, but it is a good sign of how broken sex ed is in schools at the moment.

I live in this world. Which is why I want things to change. It is not acceptable to insult a gay person's sexual orientation, so why is it acceptable to insult an asexuals? Because when you call us special snowflakes that is what you are doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got any proof to back that up as everyone has known of gays etc since the dawn of time (think of the Greek and Romans), but no culture mentions "asexual" people. Why is that?
Also to not feel any attraction would be a actual medical issue due to a lack of hormones etc, but this would also show physically. So again, why is this not the case?

Sex ed overall is ****. It never explains anything about relationships etc and is far to clinical and limited. But frankly I think that is for families and societies to deal with, not the classroom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending