The Student Room Group

Why are there so many gold diggers?

Basically feminism states that:

The belief that women are and should be treated as potential intellectual equals and social equals to men.

And a gold digger is defined as:

a person who goes out with you fo yo money

So that means that every woman that marries a rich man and doesn't work is essentially a gold digger.

There are a lot of gold diggers. And there are so many young girls (including plenty on this forum) that just want to marry a rich man - thats their entire strategy to life. How pathetic.

Scroll to see replies

Well all the girls you get are only in it for the money with you splashing your cash everywhere:h:
Has your BMW M4 arrived yet?
:eek3:

Original post by Awesome Genius
And there are so many young girls (including plenty on this forum) that just want to marry a rich man - thats their entire strategy to life. How pathetic.

You're pathetic you are the BEG.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Well all the girls you get are only in it for the money with you splashing your cash everywhere:h:
Has your BMW M4 arrived yet?

lol thats such bull**** - the only way I can afford to have a nice car is by not spending any money on other people. I don't spend any money on girls at all. May be a meal out or petrol, nothing more.
Original post by MangoCrazy
:eek3:

You're pathetic you are the BEG.

I hope that is not your strategy in life.
lol thats such bull**** - the only way I can afford to have a nice car is by not spending any money on other people. I don't spend any money on girls at all. May be a meal out or petrol, nothing more.

Ok same. My money gets spent on food and transport :biggrin:
Food is bae :ahee:
Thats selfish though. Maybe give a tiny bit to charity:smile:
I hope that is not your strategy in life.

Nope it is not.

I do pray and hope you do change your ways in life.
Nope it is not.

I do pray and hope you do change your ways in life.

What do you mean?

What part of my statement do you not agree with?

Women want equal importance - fine - they should have equal importance BUT they still want to live off the husband's money - HOW IS THAT FAIR?!?

And I will never change my ways. Thankfully my views resonate with the people that matter on this planet.
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you mean?

What part of my statement do you not agree with?

Women want equal importance - fine - they should have equal importance BUT they still want to live off the husband's money - HOW IS THAT FAIR?!?

I am an independent women. Don't need a man to live on. Thanks very much, you narrow minded idiot.
I am an independent women. Don't need a man to live on. Thanks very much, you narrow minded idiot.

Good, so then why is it wrong the call the women who hold such double standards, gold diggers ?
I personally would love to marry a rich man and stop working to become a house husband. It has always been my dream to become Cinderella.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good, so then why is it wrong the call the women who hold such double standards, gold diggers ?

I never said it was wrong. Sadly they're females who are gold diggers. You can't generalise tbf.

Can't do much about it since you're quite the same with the attention there for them to grab on.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
I personally would love to marry a rich man and stop working to become a house husband. It has always been my dream to become Cinderella.

Why?!

How **** would it feel to know that your entire dependence is decided by your partner... and that you're not going anywhere?

I couldn't live that sort of life. Its not a life at all.

Constantly you'd be there trying to justify your existence...
Why?!

How **** would it feel to know that your entire dependence is decided by your partner... and that you're not going anywhere?

I couldn't live that sort of life. Its not a life at all.

Constantly you'd be there trying to justify your existence...
At least all that contemplation would be done by the side of the pool, as I drink gin and tonics while leering at the hunky pool boy. All before noon.

I'll probably come to a conclusion that there is no need to go anywhere, because I am already there. Provided of course that the pre-nup I signed was not overly disadvantageous to me, and that I actually save/channel away some of my husband's money for a rainy day.
At least all that contemplation would be done by the side of the pool, as I drink gin and tonics while leering at the hunky pool boy. All before noon.

I'll probably come to a conclusion that there is no need to go anywhere, because I am already there. Provided of course that the pre-nup I signed was not overly disadvantageous to me, and that I actually save/channel away some of my husband's money for a rainy day.

My friend, you are not enlightened.

The feeling of progression and achievement is central to happiness in life. One day you'll realise that.

Being static is like being dead.
My friend, you are not enlightened.

The feeling of progression and achievement is central to happiness in life. One day you'll realise that.

Being static is like being dead.
My achievement in life would be snagging that rich husband of mine. Maybe that's my enlightenment, or maybe that's the feeling of inebriation.
My achievement in life would be snagging that rich husband of mine. Maybe that's my enlightenment, or maybe that's the feeling of inebriation.

lol each to their own

but usually what happens is people go out to achieve something great, realise that its difficult, give up and then pretend their target was something much lesser - like marrying into money, for example.
lol each to their own

but usually what happens is people go out to achieve something great, realise that its difficult, give up and then pretend their target was something much lesser - like marrying into money, for example.
Oh god I hope it doesn't happen to me. Don't want to end up marrying some nobody and living in a council estate. There's no pool at all!
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh god I hope it doesn't happen to me. Don't want to end up marry some nobody and living in a council estate. There's no pool at all!

And where you set that initial target , I guess that is set by how you were raised because I don't think it has much to do with actual ability.

My hairdresser has similar goals to you. I think you're cleverer than her.

i'll agree to that but i do love giving token gifts ok i can't afford a new car but a can't drive so what's the point my best gifts have been to my oldest friends and girls who i've been romantically involved with, my budget never exceeds £400 for girls and a k for a friend

Quick Reply

Latest