The Student Room Group

Why are there so many gold diggers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamesthehustler
i'll agree to that but i do love giving token gifts ok i can't afford a new car but a can't drive so what's the point my best gifts have been to my oldest friends and girls who i've been romantically involved with, my budget never exceeds £400 for girls and a k for a friend

Yeah im not as generous as you lol. I only buy things for my sisters and parents.

You're a good person, I'm probably not!
Not my life plan. My pathetic life plan is to become a lawyer and fall in love with a rich man so we can be super rich and super happy and in love yay
The price of milk has gone up

Spoiler

Original post by kiera28
Not my life plan. My pathetic life plan is to become a lawyer and fall in love with a rich man so we can be super rich and super happy and in love yay

*sigh*
Because feminism tells them they are ENTITLED to a rich man, but they are still oppressed :smile:
Original post by kiera28

if you honestly think thatll happen then good luck to you :biggrin:
Original post by Awesome Genius
What do you mean?

What part of my statement do you not agree with?

Women want equal importance - fine - they should have equal importance BUT they still want to live off the husband's money - HOW IS THAT FAIR?!?

And I will never change my ways. Thankfully my views resonate with the people that matter on this planet.

Hold on a sec, how about house husbands? I know quite a few of these. This is a personal issue- all marriages are different. Also if a women earns lots of money and a man doesn't work at all (out of choice, due to a disability, whatever..) you are aware that half of the wife's money belongs to the husband if they divorce?

I'm not saying anything against men. Im just saying that it works both ways. And to be honest, if you're kind enough or foolish enough to work and provide singularly for the household, whether you're a male OR female, more fool you.

Do you catch my drift? It's people's choice what they do with their money- if they don't want to give half away to their other half, they could always end the relationship?

And don't say I'm defending myself because I'm a female and want to be a gold digger lol because no I wanna be financially independent and successful thanks 👍
What can we say? We like money.
Original post by sebe0062
if you honestly think thatll happen then good luck to you :biggrin:

*sigh*

Haha I was taking the piss, I do wanna be a lawyer though, and love the person I marry:colondollar:
Original post by kiera28
Hold on a sec, how about house husbands? I know quite a few of these. This is a personal issue- all marriages are different. Also if a women earns lots of money and a man doesn't work at all (out of choice, due to a disability, whatever..) you are aware that half of the wife's money belongs to the husband if they divorce?

I'm not saying anything against men. Im just saying that it works both ways. And to be honest, if you're kind enough or foolish enough to work and provide singularly for the household, whether you're a male OR female, more fool you.

Do you catch my drift? It's people's choice what they do with their money- if they don't want to give half away to their other half, they could always end the relationship?

And don't say I'm defending myself because I'm a female and want to be a gold digger lol because no I wanna be financially independent and successful thanks 👍

As bad.

They are as bad.

Everyone should try and get the best job they can and not rely on other people's money - unless its their parents' money (thats ok).
As bad.

They are as bad.

Everyone should try and get the best job they can and not rely on other people's money - unless its their parents' money (thats ok).

But what if...the person providing for their other half doesn't want them to get a job and is perfectly fine providing for them? Would you still urge said couple to make sure both people have jobs?
Original post by Mochassassin
But what if...the person providing for their other half doesn't want them to get a job and is perfectly fine providing for them? Would you still urge said couple to make sure both people have jobs?

Id urge the person who is becoming dependent to reconsider because it leads to unhappiness in the long run.

Basically, if you're able-bodied you should try and get the best job you can.

My cousin is a consultant ENT surgeon He earns big bucks in London. Id say at least £300k a year. His wife is a psychiatrist (a trainee).

But she has chosen to give up her job and stay at home and raise the kids. She made this decision about 10 years ago.

Now she's desperately trying to get back to work. She's doing some ****ty job in a office somewhere. But everyone needs to feel like they're achieving something. Its good for you. Especially clever people like her.
As bad.

They are as bad.

I'm not gonna lie, this made me giggle.^

Exactly, unless you're disabled etc. but again, if you're foolish enough to fund a person's laziness then more fool you. :dontknow:
Id urge the person who is becoming dependent to reconsider because it leads to unhappiness in the long run.

Basically, if you're able-bodied you should try and get the best job you can.

My cousin is a consultant ENT surgeon He earns big bucks in London. Id say at least £300k a year. His wife is a psychiatrist (a trainee).

But she has chosen to give up her job and stay at home and raise the kids. She made this decision about 10 years ago.

Now she's desperately trying to get back to work. She's doing some ****ty job in a office somewhere. But everyone needs to feel like they're achieving something. Its good for you. Especially clever people like her.

But my mum likes being a housewife. Once or twice, I've heard her say "I should probably get a job" but that was after I went off to uni and my brothers went off to school (so she had extra free time). Would you say it's different for people who have had jobs but then had to give them up? Like your cousin's wife? Since she's had a taste of the working life? My mum's never had a job so maybe she's comfortable doing what she does? :smile:
pretty much 9 out of 10 girls strategy. 1 out of 10 just bitter they're not good looking enough to attract the big £££££. So they tend to go down the "professional career route" usually find them mid 30s around London, 1 bed studio what not.
Original post by Mochassassin
But my mum likes being a housewife. Once or twice, I've heard her say "I should probably get a job" but that was after I went off to uni and my brothers went off to school (so she had extra free time). Would you say it's different for people who have had jobs but then had to give them up? Like your cousin's wife? Since she's had a taste of the working life? My mum's never had a job so maybe she's comfortable doing what she does? :smile:

I think it does depend on what society expects of you too. I think my argument applies more to modern society where the concept of housewives isn't as common.

I also think theres a HUGE difference between having to leave your job / not take up a job, to take care of your children and raise them and voluntarily aiming not to work because you know that you can rely on your husband's income. I think your Mum might have done the former and my cousin's wife probably did the latter.
Original post by prettyreckless13
What can we say? We like money.

lol punjabi girls are the worst.
I'm a gold digger
I think it does depend on what society expects of you too. I think my argument applies more to modern society where the concept of housewives isn't as common.

I also think theres a HUGE difference between having to leave your job / not take up a job, to take care of your children and raise them and voluntarily aiming not to work because you know that you can rely on your husband's income. I think your Mum might have done the former and my cousin's wife probably did the latter.

Oh, I see. Yeah, you're right. My mum was married at a young age due to cultural expectations.
My thoughts exactly!
lol punjabi girls are the worst.

How so?

Quick Reply

Latest