The Student Room Group

Girl just won't go out with me - what now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sebe0062
you drive a BMW, the fact that shes acting non interested means shes looking for bigger fish

Nah its not about money with her. Her last boyfriend was a poor PhD student.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Nah its not about money with her. Her last boyfriend was a poor PhD student.

****! thats me stumped, theres me thinking most woman wanted money hahaha
Original post by James Milibanter
I reckon that one could make such a proposition flattering and charming, but it would mean not doing it with the intent of marriage, and it being more of a gesture than anything else, perhaps even without any real intent of buying the house. It reminds me of this song actually.

[video="youtube;LHacDYj8KZM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHacDYj8KZM[/video]

Cute song; not my style of music personally. Do you know them from watching TBBT?
Reply 43
Women aren't really that shallow. All he has to do is have a chance to actually make the move, that way he'll know for sure whether or not she'll be interested.

Truth is, until you get that first shot then anything can happen.

I think your both right, women usually have more options so they are more selective, generally they find men who don't make it easy for them because it shows they are of higher value, whereas if the other guys are throwing themselves at me there's obviously something wrong with them, it's actually the opposite sometimes, a girl can have a low opinion of herself which makes her judge those who chase her equally.
Original post by whorace
I think your both right, women usually have more options so they are more selective, generally they find men who don't make it easy for them because it shows they are of higher value, whereas if the other guys are throwing themselves at me there's obviously something wrong with them, it's actually the opposite sometimes, a girl can have a low opinion of herself which makes her judge those who chase her equally.

drives me crazy. you chase a girl but they end up not liking you,
a girl chases you and you dont like them, but because you dont like them they pursue even more
Reply 45
drives me crazy. you chase a girl but they end up not liking you,
a girl chases you and you dont like them, but because you dont like them they pursue even more

thats why you do what I call discrete chase, your nice and forward with them but friendzone them first (but if they make any attempts to get in your space let them to keep them guessing), text them, too much disinterest throws them off, hell my last girlfriend thought I was gay at first! Think I played that one a little too well...
Original post by whorace
thats why you do what I call discrete chase, your nice and forward with them but friendzone them first (but if they make any attempts to get in your space let them to keep them guessing), text them, too much disinterest throws them off, hell my last girlfriend thought I was gay at first! Think I played that one a little too well...

hahahaha jesus! i think the inherent chasing is definitely what puts girls off, i once made the mistake of telling a girl i liker her. never again omg
No, I had one of their CDs lying around so I found out about them by accident, Big Bang came later. They're not really my thing either but this song felt relevant to the discussion.

Original post by whorace

Women are difficult, that goes without question, but so are men. As for being selective, I agree with you to some extent if I'm out on the pull I find that my approaches get more and more dumb as the night goes on and I've got less competition. So it'll begin with some actual conversation and then towards the end of the night it's like "oh Chloe, that's such a beautiful name, that's the best name I've heard, can I buy you a drink?".

FYI, that's a direct quote from me to a girl I met called Chloe.
Reply 48
hahahaha jesus! i think the inherent chasing is definitely what puts girls off, i once made the mistake of telling a girl i liker her. never again omg

Haha i'm a cynical douche, there's a quote (I don't know the origin): "in a relationship one partner always likes the other less' don't be the guy that's liked less.

lol, mistake numero uno. If you feel like you should tell her you like her, then offer her a drink or at most use the line that lost me my virginity

Spoiler

No, I had one of their CDs lying around so I found out about them by accident, Big Bang came later. They're not really my thing either but this song felt relevant to the discussion.

Women are difficult, that goes without question, but so are men. As for being selective, I agree with you to some extent if I'm out on the pull I find that my approaches get more and more dumb as the night goes on and I've got less competition. So it'll begin with some actual conversation and then towards the end of the night it's like "oh Chloe, that's such a beautiful name, that's the best name I've heard, can I buy you a drink?".

FYI, that's a direct quote from me to a girl I met called Chloe.

Ah, most people seem to know them from TBBT. Do you watch it?
Original post by whorace
Haha i'm a cynical douche, there's a quote (I don't know the origin): "in a relationship one partner always likes the other less' don't be the guy that's liked less.

i have moderate adhd, so i am a naturally impulsive person and very foul mouthed, doesn't really boad well with some girls lol
Original post by whorace

Nothing wrong with being liked less as long as you're liked it's fine, just stay on top of your game and she won't be going anywhere.
Every now and then, I'm not too into american sitcoms though, I prefer classic british ones. Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, the like.
Here are all the things I have tried:

- Asking her in person - she said she's "busy" that day and didn't suggest an alternative day - so thats a no.

- Asking her over text message - she didn't reply to the part of the message where I was asking her out.

- Asking her in person again - today she just laughed and said something like "you're so funny".

WTF

I think its still down to the fact that its that time of the month and she's just being moody.

What other ways are there of asking someone out?

Do you know what the word 'no' means? :confused: You don't get people to do things that they don't want to do. Your needs and wants are not more important than hers.

Where is neg rep when you need it :dry:
Original post by craghyrax
do you know what the word 'no' means? :confused: You don't get people to do things that they don't want to do. Your needs and wants are not more important than hers.

where is neg rep when you need it :dry:

feminist alertttttt
Here are all the things I have tried:

- Asking her in person - she said she's "busy" that day and didn't suggest an alternative day - so thats a no.

- Asking her over text message - she didn't reply to the part of the message where I was asking her out.

- Asking her in person again - today she just laughed and said something like "you're so funny".

WTF

I think its still down to the fact that its that time of the month and she's just being moody.

What other ways are there of asking someone out?

for a genius you sure dont catch on quick.

Give it up, three times is a big enough hint. Shes not interested
feminist alertttttt

She's got a point though; if you ask someone out three times and they don't accept its pretty obvious they aren't interested.
Reply 58
I don't understand why people waste time getting attached to fantasies, skip the whole 'omg they're amazing' bs, leave that to them, let reality settle in early and move on easy if it doesn't work out
Every now and then, I'm not too into american sitcoms though, I prefer classic british ones. Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, the like.

Somehow I could have guessed that... Tbf they are good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending