The Student Room Group

University Relationships

Not trying to sound pessimistic but, is there really any point in having a relationship in uni?

Just seems like pulling is the main thing to do.
Reply 1
lots of educated, wealthy and generally high value long term partner potential if you go to the right one so absolutely
Reply 2
Original post by whorace
lots of educated, wealthy and generally high value long term partner potential if you go to the right one so absolutely

But isn't that a clique route? I can see the educated part being a plus, but i just don't see most thinking about the long term partner side.

I appreciate your input though
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
But isn't that a clique route? I can see the educated part being a plus, but i just don't see most thinking about the long term partner side.

I appreciate your input though

I have several friends at university who have explicitly told me their father told them to find a boyfriend... some of them are rather wealthy, it's about different perspectives of relationships, to many the idea of status and pragmatic marriages exist rather than 'love'.
Reply 4
Original post by whorace
I have several friends at university who have explicitly told me their father told them to find a boyfriend... some of them are rather wealthy, it's about different perspectives of relationships, to many the idea of status and pragmatic marriages exist rather than 'love'.

Fair enough, good point. Being said, i understand and agree perspective does play a part. But in reality, some do look for that but bump into the more common *******s which dim down their expectations. Because, most don't want to be tied down as of now, since uni is the peak of everyone's social life in one way or the other.
If you don't want to be "tied down" then don't, but some people want a relationship so just let them have one
I'm not actively looking for a relationship, I'm looking to date and have fun... if I find a girl I like and go on a few dates and find out she's amazing, then I'll let it turn into a relationship naturally.

Bottom line is that it is a good idea so long as you know what you want.
There is no right or wrong, I have known a couple people who met at University who are now married.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending