The Student Room Group

Girl just won't go out with me - what now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sebe0062
feminist alertttttt

"Oh my God! A person who thinks that men and women should be treated and valued equally :eek4:"
Yeh, its really unusual these days.
"Oh my God! A person who thinks that men and women aren't different people biologically and mentally "
"Oh my God! A person who thinks that men and women aren't different people biologically and mentally "

False. There are many feminists who recognise that there are biological and cognitive differences between men and women.
i know, just trolling, i ****ing hate feminists

Oh that's fine then.

:eyeball:
(edited 8 years ago)
I think it's the BBC in general, I love doctor who, sherlock, all those mini dramas that they do, Happy Valleys was brilliant and I'm watching River at the moment.
Original post by Craghyrax
False. There are many feminists who recognise that there are biological and cognitive differences between men and women.

if you are amongst those feminists who believe that, then i formally apologise for my trolling :smile:
Maybe you should have a plane banner flown over her house.
Original post by James Milibanter
I think it's the BBC in general, I love doctor who, sherlock, all those mini dramas that they do, Happy Valleys was brilliant and I'm watching River at the moment.

A Whovian and a Sherlockian aswell? What would a portmanteau of these two descriptive terms be? A Shovian? A Wherlockian? Not a big fan of the BBC series, loved the Sherlock Holmes movies though.

Feminism is about removing the prejudices that hinder women from achieving parity with men. The biological differences are irrelevant, when people say that men are stronger, it's a general thing rather than an individual thing, some women are stronger than some men, so it's about not letting one's own gender hold them back from achieving all they're capable of. It's a two way street, I'm sure you're aware of women winning most custody battles, one factor for this is women being seen as natural caregivers, men can be parents too.
if you are amongst those feminists who believe that, then i formally apologise for my trolling :smile:

Thank you.
Wholockian I presume :s-smilie: I'm not too sure. Robert Downey Jr. was brilliant and so was Jude Law, they really did the books justice, but the tone is entirely different to that of the series, and I prefer the more melancholic feel of the series though I do think they're both brilliant.
Reply 70
Original post by Awesome Genius
Here are all the things I have tried:

- Asking her in person - she said she's "busy" that day and didn't suggest an alternative day - so thats a no.

- Asking her over text message - she didn't reply to the part of the message where I was asking her out.

- Asking her in person again - today she just laughed and said something like "you're so funny".

WTF

I think its still down to the fact that its that time of the month and she's just being moody.

What other ways are there of asking someone out?

As a wise man once said, Plenty more fish in the sea.
Wholockian I presume :s-smilie: I'm not too sure. Robert Downey Jr. was brilliant and so was Jude Law, they really did the books justice, but the tone is entirely different to that of the series, and I prefer the more melancholic feel of the series though I do think they're both brilliant.

Yes the movies did seem a bit more like Michael Bay directed them rather than Ritchie. The action scenes were awesome and the plot in the first one was amazing. I've not actually read the books though so it's like judging Harry Potter from the movies alone. The books are always superior.
Original post by Craghyrax
Do you know what the word 'no' means? :confused: You don't get people to do things that they don't want to do. Your needs and wants are not more important than hers.

Where is neg rep when you need it :dry:

To me, 'no' is a fluid concept. Its not like she's saying "no, i find you really annoying ,leave me alone" its more like "no, but keep asking me, I like it". The vibe I am getting is of the latter. Over the internet its difficult to convey someone's sentiments like that.
I've not actually read the HP books :colondollar: But I've read a few of the Sherlock Holmes', the series despite being in a modern setting does capture the essence a lot more, and Cumberbatch's depiction of Sherlock is much more true to Sir Doyle's, but as I said, they're both brilliant. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to these things, but I can see the objective beauty in everything.
Reply 74
To me, 'no' is a fluid concept. Its not like she's saying "no, i find you really annoying ,leave me alone" its more like "no, but keep asking me, I like it". The vibe I am getting is of the latter. Over the internet its difficult to convey someone's sentiments like that.

Lol your happy being her dog who gives her attention when she needs it but who she kicks when it smells, and you wonder y u no gain respect
I've not actually read the HP books :colondollar: But I've read a few of the Sherlock Holmes', the series despite being in a modern setting does capture the essence a lot more, and Cumberbatch's depiction of Sherlock is much more true to Sir Doyle's, but as I said, they're both brilliant. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to these things, but I can see the objective beauty in everything.

Really? :eek:
I thought that everyone in the UK had read them. They're up there with Enid Blyton and Roald Dahl in terms of childrens classics. Trust me, the books are far superior to the movies.

Must read the SH books when I can. I know what you mean though.

hit the gym bro, girls love a jacked mofo
Original post by whorace
Lol your happy being her dog who gives her attention when she needs it but who she kicks when it smells, and you wonder y u no gain respect

If "being her dog" involves chatting to her for hours this week over lunch, then thats ok with me lol Im not emotionally into her at all anyway so no harm done.
Unfortunately I was otherwise engaged with Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, which I thought was astounding. I also read a load of Roald Dahl, but once I hit about 12/13 I moved to nonfiction and more adult novels, namely about politics and history, reading a lot of Orwell, Brave New World, I read Empire by Paxman, and Rocker and Marx. I suppose that the HP books would be wasted on me.
Unfortunately I was otherwise engaged with Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, which I thought was astounding. I also read a load of Roald Dahl, but once I hit about 12/13 I moved to nonfiction and more adult novels, namely about politics and history, reading a lot of Orwell, Brave New World, I read Empire by Paxman, and Rocker and Marx. I suppose that the HP books would be wasted on me.

Too dark for me; might be able to enjoy them a bit more now that I'm older and therefore more world weary. Different things for different people I guess. Have you ever seen any of Stanley Kubrick's movies? They are quite dark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending