The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

good luck for everyone taking the TSA or any other tests tomorrow!!!! may we all get interview offers hahaha
Original post by SGrice
Anyone else taking the MLAT/ELAT tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

French MLAT! Good luck tomorrow :h:
Hey Modern Languages people - I wrote this about a year ago and thought I'd dig it up again as it was really popular! I'll post it again nearer the time of interviews, but in case you had any questions...

Oxford interviews for Modern Languages - https://carambalache.wordpress.com/2014/11/07/oxford-interviews-for-modern-languages/

A general post about ModLangs at Oxford - https://carambalache.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/should-i-study-modern-languages-at-oxford/
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Lucky you, got that marked! I'm on half term at the moment, been emailing my teacher my work but she's not replying ! D:

Good luck with the HAT, i'm sure you'll do well in it :h:

Yes, my teacher marked it last night luckily! :tongue:

Thank you and good luck with your teacher, I'm sure she will reply very soon! :smile:
Dying with worry about the elat tomorrow! Hope to see all you guys at interviews!!!
Original post by Benjiii
I have been allocated there too. Have you heard anything back from them?

They sent me an email a while back stating that my application is under active consideration, but that's all. Are you also applying for Law?
Very best of luck to everyone taking an Admissions Test tomorrow!

Brasenose Admissions
Doing some HAT practice now so:

Good luck to everybody sitting the HAT/MAT/BMAT/PAT/ELAT/MLAT and (just to break the rhyming) TSA (sorry for any variations I missed, there are so many :colondollar:)

Try and get some beneficial practice done tonight and I'm sure we shall all be okay :tongue:
I wish to all of you the best of luck guys!

Be confident and keep calm tomorrow (I know it's difficult,but remember it's just a test :biggrin: ).
I'm sure we will all get those interviews :u:
Original post by LeoNicole
Hey! Has anyone here applied to read Biological Sciences? I can't find any threads about this course at Oxford, and overall it seems like very few people applied...

I applied to Keble! :smile:

Hello,

I 've applied to read Biological Sciences at Keble!
Good luck to everyone with a test tomorrow!
Good luck guys, and most of all, don't worry! Just try to relax and enjoy it and you'll be fine :wink:
Sorry if this is a really stupid question! Is a teacher allowed to send written work to Oxford on your behalf? as long as it has the relevant cover sheet and information? I'm going on a trip with my school to Seville and I won't be able to send my written work on the 10th as I'm waiting on marked work to be returned. Would the university allow that? Or should I contact them?
Wondering what to do. Finally got my supporting documents ready, but I can't get a university/college stamp for the documents because my tutor doesn't possess one and obvious OU is distance based so if I wanted something physical it would take 3 weeks. Think it's ok to submit it without it?
Reply 4114
I only just got my written work back from and signed off by my teacher, and rush shipping it to the UK from the states is really expensive (and it might not get there on time)--and teachers' stamps aren't really a thing here. Do you know if any of the colleges (Lincoln in particular) will accept a scan? And what should I do about the stamp?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by crose
I only just got my written work back from and signed off by my teacher, and rush shipping it to the UK from the states is really expensive (and it might not get there on time)--and teachers' stamps aren't really a thing here. Do you know if any of the colleges (Lincoln in particular) will accept a scan? And what should I do about the stamp?

I'm also applying from the USA. My college sent me an email saying a PDF scan was fine so if you got a welcome email from your college you should double check that or send in an email to ask. I also had a problem with the stamp thing, but I went to my school's counseling office and they had some so I would check there. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The pat is today!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s
Original post by tanyapotter
The pat is today!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s

I just finished mine :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Ivoryfall
Wondering what to do. Finally got my supporting documents ready, but I can't get a university/college stamp for the documents because my tutor doesn't possess one and obvious OU is distance based so if I wanted something physical it would take 3 weeks. Think it's ok to submit it without it?

We have replied to your PM advising that if you explain your circumstances and provide contact details for your referee, there should not be a problem - but will repeat the advice here in case other applicants have a similar issue.
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
We have replied to your PM advising that if you explain your circumstances and provide contact details for your referee, there should not be a problem - but will repeat the advice here in case other applicants have a similar issue.

Just saw the PM! Thanks again for the help! :smile: x

Latest

Trending

Trending