The Student Room Group

My girlfriend wants a break

Hey, I have been with my girlfriend for just over 1 and a half years (18,17) she recently has wanted to have a break as she thinks I will regret only being with her and want to cheat on her later on in life. This is completely untrue as I would never want to have any relationship with anyone else but she thinks it will make us trust each other more. I honestly don't understand this as she thinks I am saying no just to make her happy but it the truth. Any advice will be helpful as I am clueless
Original post by Heathcliffeclay
Hey, I have been with my girlfriend for just over 1 and a half years (18,17) she recently has wanted to have a break as she thinks I will regret only being with her and want to cheat on her later on in life. This is completely untrue as I would never want to have any relationship with anyone else but she thinks it will make us trust each other more. I honestly don't understand this as she thinks I am saying no just to make her happy but it the truth. Any advice will be helpful as I am clueless

It's because she wants to cheat pal
the break is probably for her, but she's using you as an excuse. Either she wants to sleep with other people or she wants to test you to see if you will. Either way the relationship probably won't last if she wants a break from it.
Reply 3
Like others have said, what she's telling you is a blatant excuse for wanting to experience other people for herself, but is trying to make it seem like shes doing you a favour. In other words, she doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore, wants to play the field, and by saying its a "break" she'll keep you on the sidelines until she gets bored
Exactly what others have said. She wants to cheat/go out with other people whilst keeping you as a back up. Just tell her to **** off! You deserve better than that!!
Original post by Heathcliffeclay

I would end it now, a break never works and it looks like she is just looking for excuses.

Quick Reply

Latest