The Student Room Group

am i being clingy?

I met this guy who said he was happy to be my bf I met him at a club, we started texting and clicked on very well, he told me he was from the west midlands so we spoke everyday over text but weren’t able to meet as much as of i myself am from Newcastle so the distance was the barrier Anyway hes started to distance himself from me I don’t know he started to not reply to my messages whenever I texted him…

what confused me was he said he loved me? There was a week whereby I didn’t contact him I went on holiday I forgot to tell him, but when I got back he started ignoring me, he accused me of leaving him when I confronted him on why he was ignoring me, he told me he couldn’t do that and loved me and didn’t want to lose me ect after that I replied saying thank god I thought I had lost him I was relieved then he started ignoring me it’s now been 3 months of no contact, only then he followed me on one of my social accounts after I messaged him once more I got no reply but a follow my account wasn’t on private so it doesn’t make sense? Was I being to clingy with him?

I know its stupid thinking so intesly over this but I just want answers, why has he started blanking me when he told me he loved me? Anyone else had this happen to them

Scroll to see replies

Possible reasons for acting this way could involve, him playing a stupid game and enjoys you chasing after him. He may be dealing with a personal crisis and doesn't really talk much to anyone or he might just be uninterested and is too gutless to tell you that properly.
Either way he's not being with you and I wouldn't waste my time chasing him.
If you think it may be the personal crisis one, though, you should perhaps ask him about it and see if he opens up.
Reply 3
Original post by prettyreckless13
Possible reasons for acting this way could involve, him playing a stupid game and enjoys you chasing after him. He may be dealing with a personal crisis and doesn't really talk much to anyone or he might just be uninterested and is too gutless to tell you that properly.
Either way he's not being with you and I wouldn't waste my time chasing him.

no i asked him if hes not interested then let me know so i can move on and forget him but still no reply? thank you for the response
Reply 4
If you think it may be the personal crisis one, though, you should perhaps ask him about it and see if he opens up.

i have done but still he reads it and continues to ignore me
Original post by Anonymous
no i asked him if hes not interested then let me know so i can move on and forget him but still no reply? thank you for the response

I think that no response may be your answer. Have you noticed if he's pretty active on social media?
He can't be bothered to graft any more
Reply 7
I think that no response may be your answer. Have you noticed if he's pretty active on social media?

yes he is active on a few social sites, why wont he just say it?
Get out, clearly he's insane.
Reply 9
Original post by danalwill
He can't be bothered to graft any more

do you think he just said things for the sake of it?
was it a trap? like maybe he wanted attention for some time? do you think?
Original post by Lord Kitchener
Get out, clearly he's insane.
do you think he just said things for the sake of it?

It sounds like that to me. That's just my opinion though.
yes he is active on a few social sites, why wont he just say it?

Cos he's obviously a prick. Best thing to do is move on... Messaging him time and time again is only going to embarrass yourself. He's not worth it.

I think he is just desperate and wants attention but a relationship would never work with this guy.

If he was really into you, he wouldn't ignore you for that long, I'd try and forget him and move on.
Original post by Lord Kitchener
I think he is just desperate and wants attention but a relationship would never work with this guy.

yes you many be right he said hes never had a gf before
what happened all of a sudden? i asked him/told him i wanted to end it way before he started ignoring me he said no, he didnt want to end it
Original post by Rock Fan
If he was really into you, he wouldn't ignore you for that long, I'd try and forget him and move on.
what happened all of a sudden? i asked him/told him i wanted to end it way before he started ignoring me he said no, he didnt want to end it

Number of things could have happened, cold feet, found someone else but couldn't be bothered/too cowardly to tell you, just was saying he was into you and wasn't really.
Time to focus on yourself OP
Original post by Rock Fan
Number of things could have happened, cold feet, found someone else but couldn't be bothered/too cowardly to tell you, just was saying he was into you and wasn't really.

do boys do this often? still have the decency to tell me "hey look im not interested move on" was i being clingy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending