The Student Room Group

How far away is your uni from home?

Poll

How far away did you move to uni?

Do you think you made the right choice - are you glad you moved away/stayed close or do you wish you'd done something different? :cookie:

Scroll to see replies

4 hours by train, and absolutely love being that far away!
Just under 50 miles. It was perfect. The train was only two stops (not a big train fan), my dad could get to me in less than an hour in the car if I needed him, but visits had to be properly planned - there was no 'Oh, we were in the area'.
117 miles, no direct train link! So glad I made this decision-hometown was boring as hell and my school year was full of genuinely nasty people, so getting far away was the best decision I ever made! People are actually nice up north
Reply 4
6000 km, or will be next year, if all goes to plan. :smile:

(14 hours by plane)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
7 hours by plane away if I move to England :smile:
3 hours from London
Reply 7
Almost exactly 200 miles for me - no regrets so far! It takes 3-3.5 hours to get home on the train, changing in London.
Uni 1 - didn't move from home
Uni 2 - 174 miles :ahee:
114 miles, 3 hours from door to door by train and either walk or bus on one side and bus on the other.

I keep being reminded that I should've gone to Durham but that's many many miles away.
I haven't gone yet, but all 5 of my choices sit in the 50-100 mile ring :h: so I thought it would be worth adding my vote...
Takes me 6 hours to get from home!
Not so much moved as commuted... Totally didn't enjoy the days of 200 mile round trips with rush hour London to contend with. Don't recommend.
I haven't gone yet, but my insurance is Kent, which is 190 miles away, and costs like £70 one way to get to from here by train

Spoiler

About 250 miles. I live in Surrey and I go to Lancaster uni.
Why the imperial units?
\approx 140 km, 3.5h travel time with a combination of trains, a walk and a lift.
Roughly 3500 miles
Not very far, around 50-100 miles. Roughly 2 hours drive.

Original post by binarythoughts
Roughly 3500 miles

? :eek4:
Original post by morgan8002
Why the imperial units?
\approx 140 km, 3.5h travel time with a combination of trains, a walk and a lift.

Because we generally use miles in the UK :bunny: Silly, maybe but that's how it goes
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Not very far, around 50-100 miles. Roughly 2 hours drive.

? :eek4:

8 hour flight :h:

Quick Reply

Latest