The Student Room Group

My girlfriend is making me fail uni, should i dump her?

I got important exams coming up and my GF keeps knocking on my door. She lives three doors away from me, we live in the same halls and share a kitchen. I have no alone time to study as she either wants to go out or spend time with me in my room. Last year i did amazing and this was mainly due to the lack of distractions. However now i have a girlfriend and its hardwork juggling a girl and uni work, it doesn't help when she live a few doors away. I want to break up but i cant stand awkward situations, we share the same kitchen so it would be inevitable.
Original post by Anonymous
I got important exams coming up and my GF keeps knocking on my door. She lives three doors away from me, we live in the same halls and share a kitchen. I have no alone time to study as she either wants to go out or spend time with me in my room. Last year i did amazing and this was mainly due to the lack of distractions. However now i have a girlfriend and its hardwork juggling a girl and uni work, it doesn't help when she live a few doors away. I want to break up but i cant stand awkward situations, we share the same kitchen so it would be inevitable.

Tell her you need to study alone. How is that a problem.
Grow a pair and communicate.

Either tell her you need time to study and don't like the spontaneous visits or tell her you want to break up.

You don't sound that into her from how you're typing.
you eradicate the problem by telling her you need to study, it's that simple.
Original post by RiahDawson
Tell her you need to study alone. How is that a problem.

What a silly suggestion, clearly the only options are to dump her ass or fail.
you can do it tell her. Uni life is about fun AND WORK! and if something is getting in the way of work you gotta make decisions.
Learn to multitask efficiently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry but yes

dont break up but tell her u have really important exams which you need to study for and if you could hang out when u are free xxx

You could study together, presumably she has work to do as well.
You HAVE important exams coming up.

Just dump her. It really wouldn't be that hard to just ask her for some alone time to study, or to study together, or you could just go to the library without telling her. The fact that your first response to such an issue is to break up shows that you aren't really invested in the relationship anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Explain to her why you need some time to yourself and that it very important for you. If she doesn't comply with that then dump her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending