The Student Room Group

Asking for feedback from application rejections

I've had my first reply and it was a rejection and I'm not sure about anyone else but it's made me question my whole application and if I've made any mistakes!!
I've emailed for feedback but I'm not sure if I'll get any. Has anyone who has had a rejection done this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
I've had my first reply and it was a rejection and I'm not sure about anyone else but it's made me question my whole application and if I've made any mistakes!!
I've emailed for feedback but I'm not sure if I'll get any. Has anyone who has had a rejection done this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham do provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants on written request - see
https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/usa/

(I think the "usa" is shorthand for UnSuccessful Applicants)
Original post by Swagio

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to review your whole UCAS application quite easily to check for mistakes, but it might just be that it is a very popular course, attracting very highly qualified applicants - check out the relevant subject/university on whatuni. If you have applied for a mix of ambitious and safe entry requirements, you should get offers, but it can take a while since many applications are only reviewed in detail after the January deadline. .

Also you can ask to see the academic reference, although there is a fee for this - about £10, from memory.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
It's for mh nursing, so interview rather than offer.
The grades are strangely low and I've got equiv to A*A*A* and have worked in a unit and for mind.
I dunno if I'm being big headed but I thought I would be pretty good, but now I'm like argh!! D:
Original post by Swagio
The grades are strangely low and I've got equiv to A*A*A* and have worked in a unit and for mind.
I dunno if I'm being big headed but I thought I would be pretty good, but now I'm like argh!! D:

Sorry to hear about the rejection. It's unlikely the it was anything to do with your actual application then, and more related to your interview. They may provide feedback then on your interview, which you can use in the future.

Also if you've got "equivalent" to A*A*A* it may be that the university didn't recognise (as in, they didn't think it was worth A*A*A*) or accept your equivalent.
Original post by Swagio

Nursing is incredibly competitive so even with a very strong application if maybe there was one person who scored higher than you in an interview that day (or maybe in the maths and english tests) then in some cases you might not get the place. Don't be too downhearted i got a rejection after my first interview last year but then used the feedback to improve. I then got an offer and wait listed for 2 other universities soon after. So dont take it to heart too much:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
Nursing is incredibly competitive so even with a very strong application if maybe there was one person who scored higher than you in an interview that day (or maybe in the maths and english tests) then in some cases you might not get the place. Don't be too downhearted i got a rejection after my first interview last year but then used the feedback to improve. I then got an offer and wait listed for 2 other universities soon after. So dont take it to heart too much:smile:

I didn't get threw to the interview. Hence I'd quite like some feedback.
Hopefully be able to get some, cos I think it might be useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
I didn't get threw to the interview. Hence I'd quite like some feedback.
Hopefully be able to get some, cos I think it might be useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh i m sorry, i got confused. Feedback should definitely be useful:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending