How long until one actually happens?

Q11fd8K0jRw
Original post by Jesodrarac
How long until one actually happens?

Q11fd8K0jRw

Religion of peace.
Religion of peace (Tm)

Only a matter of time.
That's the problem with the Salafi and Wahabi ideology. They cannot think laterally when it comes to historic text. Everything is taken literally.
Very few muslims seem to be wanting to expose them.
Reply 4
Original post by BaconandSauce
Religion of peace (Tm)

Only a matter of time.

I think it's wrong for you to say that (even in this specific connotation).

Religion basically involves a group of people who share a particular belief system. No religion is one of peace or aggression. Naturally, because they feel as if they're fellow Muslims are being treated unfairly, they are carrying out such attacks.

For instance, suppose there was a mass attack on a large Christian community, would you not expect America to involve itself militarily? Or suppose Hindu's were being killed in the masses in say China. Would India not intervene? If not militarily, then at-least politically? For whatever reason, Muslim nations are typically under corrupt or weak regimes and therefore lack any respectable political platform. Hence, in my opinion it is natural for such insurgents to carry out such (albeit horrific) activities.

I find it hard to understand why people taunt particular religions without considering the entire situation.

You could only say something like that if say there was a Muslim country in America's position and went out seeking conflict for no legitimate reason.
But I thought the terrorists hate us and attack us because of what we go doing around the world. I thought that if we didn't do it we'd be safe. I thought Islamic terrorism was caused by us being meanies.

In b4 false flag
in b4 Mossad
In b4 how do we know it wasn't ETA?
Original post by PPF
I think it's wrong for you to say that (even in this specific connotation).

Religion basically involves a group of people who share a particular belief system. No religion is one of peace or aggression. Naturally, because they feel as if they're fellow Muslims are being treated unfairly, they are carrying out such attacks.

For instance, suppose there was a mass attack on a large Christian community, would you not expect America to involve itself militarily? Or suppose Hindu's were being killed in the masses in say China. Would India not intervene? If not militarily, then at-least politically? For whatever reason, Muslim nations are typically under corrupt or weak regimes and therefore lack any respectable political platform. Hence, in my opinion it is natural for such insurgents to carry out such (albeit horrific) activities.

I find it hard to understand why people taunt particular religions without considering the entire situation.

You could only say something like that if say there was a Muslim country in America's position and went out seeking conflict for no legitimate reason.

Nice justification of ISIS and terrorism in general there Chief. I'd point out by the way that what you typed there is justification for The Crusades, seeing as they were a response to Ottoman Muslim incursions of killing, rape and pillaging throughout Europe. Though somehow I doubt you'd be so quick to apply your apologist logic to that now............
Reply 7
Original post by PPF
No religion is one of peace or aggression.
I think that should guarantee this thread runs until next week. :smile:
Original post by PPF

Naturally, because they feel as if they're fellow Muslims are being treated unfairly, they are carrying out such

Wtf. You're not condemning ISIS.
Reply 9
Lol. Ok just to clarify. I am NOT a Muslim. So I don't know what you're on about. I abhor the social institution - religion - itself.
Of-course I condemn whatever ISIS is doing. But in order to proceed you have to understand what you're dealing with in the first place. There are enough people in the world condemning ISIS, who is actually doing anything about it? To reiterate, all I am saying is that you have to understand where they're coming from. Are they wrong? 100%. But that doesn't mean we fail to understand or learn why exactly they are carrying out these atrocities.
Reply 10
Original post by KimKallstrom
Nice justification of ISIS and terrorism in general there Chief. I'd point out by the way that what you typed there is justification for The Crusades, seeing as they were a response to Ottoman Muslim incursions of killing, rape and pillaging throughout Europe. Though somehow I doubt you'd be so quick to apply your apologist logic to that now............

1) I am not Muslim - so don't jump to conclusions.
2) I haven't justified their actions at all. All I am saying is that there is a reason - albeit wrong - for ISIS in carrying out their terrorist activities.

I am NOT saying they are correct. All I am saying is that it is something one could expect to happen. For instance, as the Pope remarked, if someone was to attack your mother, you would take action. That is where they are coming from. I haven't said violence is justified - ofcourse it isn't.
Reply 11
Original post by Willdono
Wtf. You're not condemning ISIS.

I DO condemn ISIS man!
Original post by PPF

For instance, suppose there was a mass attack on a large Christian community, would you not expect America to involve itself militarily?

There are plenty of conflicts around the world involving Christians. The US doesn't automatically involve itself. Unlike Muslims, who through some as yet unknown mechanism appear to be uniquely sensitive to the suffering of all Muslims everywhere (except when those Muslims are killed by other Muslims).

On the other hand, if there was a mass attack on America I would expect them to respond militarily. That's precisely what they did in Afghanistan, and yet the Muslim community still criticises them.

It's almost like they have... a massive hypocritical double standard.

Personally, I think the Muslim world should be asking itself; was it wise for our brethren to intervene in American society in September 2001? Are we creating too many Western enemies? Perhaps the blowback from the actions of Muslim terrorists leads to more drones and more interventions?

There's no doubt the Islamic intervention in America in 2001 led to the US becoming radicalised and blowback against the Muslim world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending