The Student Room Group

Training arms everyday?

Hello,

I have significantly less muscular arms then the rest of my body. This may sound like a stupid question but what if I alternated one bicep exercise and one tricep exercise (3 sets of 12) everyday throughout the week which also included an arm day on Sunday. So essentially hitting arms 7 times a week. So like:

Monday - 1 exercise of biceps after workout
Tuesday - 1 exercise of triceps after workout
Wednesday - 1 exercise of biceps
Thursday - 1 exercise of triceps after workout
Friday - 1 exercise of biceps after workout
Saturday - 1 exercise of triceps
Sunday - Arm day

Would this make my arms grow faster?

Any response is appreciated
(edited 8 years ago)
Connective tissues, elbow joints etc will get raped doing that.
How much do you bench and ohp?
How much weight do you use for weighted chinups?
I ask because increasing those movements will be far more effective for building your arms than doing isolation exercises.
Reply 2
Original post by Squats and milk
Connective tissues, elbow joints etc will get raped doing that.
How much do you bench and ohp?
How much weight do you use for weighted chinups?
I ask because increasing those movements will be far more effective for building your arms than doing isolation exercises.

Not very much, I only started a few months ago.

Bench = 55kg for 10 reps
Overhead press = 40kg for 12 reps
Chin ups = never attempted weighted but I can do 15-17 regular ones
As said before stick with your compounds rather than isolations. Hit them 3 times a week and you'll see progress.
Original post by Nel97
Not very much, I only started a few months ago.

Bench = 55kg for 10 reps
Overhead press = 40kg for 12 reps
Chin ups = never attempted weighted but I can do 15-17 regular ones

Start doing 3 sets of 5 for all of those movements, do it 2 or 3 times a week, add weight when you can, eat lots, get much stronger than you are now, and I promise you your arms will have no choice but to grow.
Reply 5
Original post by Nel97
Hello,

I have significantly less muscular arms then the rest of my body. This may sound like a stupid question but what if I alternated one bicep exercise and one tricep exercise (3 sets of 12) everyday throughout the week which also included an arm day on Sunday. So essentially hitting arms 7 times a week. So like:

Monday - 1 exercise of biceps after workout
Tuesday - 1 exercise of triceps after workout
Wednesday - 1 exercise of biceps
Thursday - 1 exercise of triceps after workout
Friday - 1 exercise of biceps after workout
Saturday - 1 exercise of triceps
Sunday - Arm day

Would this make my arms grow faster?

Any response is appreciated

NO!

Do not hit any part of your body everyday. You will not recover properly meaning you won't build muscle properly and you won't be able to exercise effectively the next day.

What sort of split are you on? Do you train each body part once or twice a week?

You may think your arms are 'significantly less muscular' than the rest of your body, but you need to train everything in order to maintain balance; you don't want to overwork one muscle.

If you really feel like you need to work on your arms, possibly include a couple of bicep/tricep exercises at the end of a workout, a few days before/after your arm day.

If you are doing a split such as PPL, you'll be working your arms twice per week anyway. In fact, you'll be hitting aspects of them 4 times per week.
Original post by Nel97
Hello,

I have significantly less muscular arms then the rest of my body.

Get stronger on your arm exercises. A lot of people will tell you you don't even need arm exercises, but I've never known anyone to say that who also happens to have an impressive set of arms. I've added 6 inches on my arms over the past 3 years and I've done nothing special, just gotten stronger on curls and skullcrushers. Guarantee you, if anyone ever is unhappy with their arm development and you ask them how much they can lift on those exercises, it's never an impressive figure. If you go from being able to curl a 30kg barbell for reps, to being able to curl a 60kg barbell for reps under strict form, you can bet that you'll have put on a lot of bicep mass in the process if you're eating to gain. Not saying prioritise them, just get stronger on them over time - you can do that even if they're the last exercise in your workout, just make an effort to improve on your last workout.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest