The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovecake123
Ahh, then probably around start of December then!

Ah ok cool - thaanks
i heard from someone that they got a letter from Oxford telling them their mark and how far away they were from getting an interview. maybe they send out official letters around the same time as offers to those they rejected? i mean if you're going to go through all that stress the least they could do is write a letter
Original post by Laura249
I am! I was just wondering if you went to an open day how did they state they were using the TSA (is the a cut-off or are they just using it as something extra to get a better view of the candidates)?

Thanks

I'm also applying for human sciences! Glad to have finally found other people hahaaa

I went to the open day however they didn't really mention it, I think since this is the first year human science applicants have to sit the TSA they maybe don't know exactly how they're going to view it until they get the results in :\\\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emem2011
Unfortunately after the BMAT today I don't think there is any chance I will be getting at interview at Oxford :frown:

I hope everyone else's admission tests went well though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, the BMAT was absolutely horrendous :frown: Do you only have one BMAT uni?

Original post by ilovecake123
My feelings right now, bye bye Oxford!
I mean if you don't get an interview how is anyone expect to get one :wink:

Haha, I'm really bad at the BMAT to be honest so anybody could easily get an interview over me :tongue:
BMAT
s1: messed up
s2:thought it went alright couple of guesses. probably made a few silly errors
s3: messed up. hopefully get an A on quality. reckon gonna get 2/3. ran out of time. was at odds between 1 and 3

what min. scores do you need (min. average on section 1 and 2) and essay score to get an interview providing one does well at GCSE >90% A*
The CLAT was horrible... Could have done with another hour
What just came to my mind - What do they do if you are ill at the test day? Is there any day the test can be revised?
Original post by thechemistress
Same here, the BMAT was absolutely horrendous :frown: Do you only have one BMAT uni?

Haha, I'm really bad at the BMAT to be honest so anybody could easily get an interview over me :tongue:

Fortunately yes, Oxford was by far my favourite so I chose to only apply there out of the BMAT unis haha! Feeling pretty gutted tonight though as I genuinely wanted to believe I had a chance at getting in :frown: Which essay question did you do?
Hearing everyone's opinions on MAT is a little reassuring I guess, for the record I failed too :'(

Let's just hope this year's will be similar to 2013's grade boundaries, though a few guys that did the MAT last year didn't seem to find a difference in difficulty.

Ah well, tried my best. It was absolutely tragic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by oniisanitstoobig
though a few guys that did the MAT last year didn't seem to find a difference in difficulty.

Well there's always a few of those people... Those lucky lucky people...
Original post by emem2011
Fortunately yes, Oxford was by far my favourite so I chose to only apply there out of the BMAT unis haha! Feeling pretty gutted tonight though as I genuinely wanted to believe I had a chance at getting in :frown: Which essay question did you do?

Same here, it sucks knowing that you've messed up your chances of getting in :frown: I did 3, how about you?
Original post by missymc1997
The CLAT was horrible... Could have done with another hour

Is this the Classics Language aptitude Test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress
Same here, it sucks knowing that you've messed up your chances of getting in :frown: I did 3, how about you?

I did SO BADLY in the bmat today, section 1 was disgusting! I did question 2 for the essay which I hope was ok... how did the essay go for you??
Original post by busterposey
Did anyone here do the LAT part of the MLAT or know someone who did? I absolutely bombed it and would like some reassurance that it was as hard as I think!

I did not sit the test but a good friend of mine, who is truly a talented and exquisite linguist believed it to be extremely difficult so you are not alone!!
Hey guys I took the BMAT and honestly I'm feeling well about it but I can't predict anything until the results are delivered.
So now it's time to relax and wait for a possible interview call :smile:
Original post by thehollowcrown
wow i have literally no clue how the hat went. I thought it was a quite a tough paper. Expected to come out crying, and didn't, which is always a plus but that doesn't mean anything. Wrote a load of waffle and hoped there'd be something worth a mark in there. Now we wait!

sammmmeeeeeeee
Original post by chloetraynor
Anybody else for Law at Brasenose? I need some kind of reassurance that my below-par grades may not be instant-rejection material :s

Hi I applied for Law at Brasenose also, you're the first person I've seen!
Original post by magic_is_might
which one? the first was so uninteresting and then the second one was literally painful to read.

Both of them lmao thinking about it
The first one was so simplistic I was like am I missing something
The second one ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh literally no just n a h why did they ask such a picky question too
Original post by busterposey
hahahahaha I'm so glad someone agrees with me, I absolutely hated that question!!!!

He seemed a nice guy though, it was just the idea of this learned scholar talking seriously about dogs with human heads;

LOL I hated the actual question too y dint they just ask a nice broad one pls
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by notyous
I did question 3 too! how did you find it? I felt like my examples were really weak :frown:

I found it okay, but yeah I don't think the examples I gave were particularly good :frown:

Original post by medleg
I did SO BADLY in the bmat today, section 1 was disgusting! I did question 2 for the essay which I hope was ok... how did the essay go for you??

The essay was okay, but as I said above I don't think I have enough examples :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending