The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m1m2
I sent it off the 14th, and got the offer on the 30th. My friend who also applied to the same course also got her offer on the 30th. :u: Best of luck!!!

Ah right okay you sent yours off after mine, getting worried now aha, hoping that maybe because I'm a gap year student I'm somehow dealt with differently? I don't know why this would be hahaaa but trying to not psych myself out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 541
Original post by Karina_xo
Ah right okay you sent yours off after mine, getting worried now aha, hoping that maybe because I'm a gap year student I'm somehow dealt with differently? I don't know why this would be hahaaa but trying to not psych myself out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, please do not get psyched out! I am an international student, and so is my friend. So our process might be very different, and my grades are way over the conditions I was given, so it is not something to be worried about if you have not heard from them yet! You will do just fine, friend!:hugs:
Original post by m1m2
Ah, please do not get psyched out! I am an international student, and so is my friend. So our process might be very different, and my grades are way over the conditions I was given, so it is not something to be worried about if you have not heard from them yet! You will do just fine, friend!:hugs:

Okay I'll put it down to the fact you're an international student and not cos they don't want me hahaaa, Thankyou doll!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 543
Original post by Karina_xo
Okay I'll put it down to the fact you're an international student and not cos they don't want me hahaaa, Thankyou doll!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You got this!:smartass:
Any internationals been asked to confirm fees yet?
Just got an offer from Durham for Comp Sci :smile:
I had my application ready and sent to my school on 22nd OCT but they only just got around to sending it today! Will the University see that I had it ready early and the school just faffed about for almost 2 weeks?

Applying for Bsc Geology, A*A*A*A*A*AAAABB GCSE and A,A,A, in AS Geology, Chemistry and Geography.
Original post by NimbleNeil
Will the University see that I had it ready early and the school just faffed about for almost 2 weeks?

No, they only see when it gets sent to UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann
No, they only see when it gets sent to UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant.
Reply 549
Original post by NimbleNeil
Brilliant.

Won't make a difference to your chances of getting in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone! I got an offer from Durham yesterday to study MEng Engineering :smile:
Has anyone heard of any English offers yet? :smile:
anyone got any combined honours in social sciences offers yetttt?
Reply 553
Original post by charleethompson
Has anyone heard of any English offers yet? :smile:

Got mine yesterday! AAA but I'm an international so might be different. Durham is my first choice (outside Oxford) so I'm pretty happy about it. Now waiting for St Andrews, Edinburgh and UCL.
[QUOTE=Ftgyhu;60412527]Got mine yesterday! AAA but I'm an international so might be different. Durham is my first choice (outside Oxford) so I'm pretty happy about it. Now waiting for St Andrews, Edinburgh and UCL.

Congratulations!!! That's great!!
I sent mine off on September 30th and have heard back from KCL, UoBirmingham and RHUL
But holding out for Durham and Oxford
Fingers crossed

What were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 555
Original post by charleethompson
Congratulations!!! That's great!!
I sent mine off on September 30th and have heard back from KCL, UoBirmingham and RHUL
But holding out for Durham and Oxford
Fingers crossed

What were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

AAAA we don't have A*s here so that's about as high as it gets. A bit worried about making the condition now though): I'm applying to the US just in case I screw up my As and get rejected from everything haha
anyone applied / got an offer for biomedical sciences??
Original post by SMer
I don't think we are going to hear for quite a while. The acknowledgment email I got said they were waiting for the 15th January deadline and I'd probably hear around the end of March but that's for history, possibly earlier for Law. Have you had an acknowledgement email from them yet?

Original post by cmaclennan
Yes I've received the email, was just wondering as I've seen that some people have already started getting offers! I guess it depends on which process the department goes through.

The earliest that Durham started giving out Law offers last year was early December, but expect to wait longer.
Has anyone got an offer for Maths yet?
Original post by mhamill864
Has anyone got an offer for Maths yet?

My friend got one at the start of this week

Quick Reply

Latest