The Student Room Group

When to arrive at Twenty One Pilots concert??

Hiii, so me and my friend are seeing tøp (my favourite band!!!) next Saturday at the Oxford O2 Academy.
What time should we get there?
Thing is, i have somewhere important to be in the morning so the earliest I could probably get there is about 1/1:30. We really want barrier, or failing that, second row.
I understand the clique is very dedicated but Oxford is a smaller city and a smaller venue than the US ones. Please help!!! I really really really want to be barrier, they mean so much to me.
Thank you!!
Reply 1
Original post by mughushed
Hiii, so me and my friend are seeing tøp (my favourite band!!!) next Saturday at the Oxford O2 Academy.
What time should we get there?
Thing is, i have somewhere important to be in the morning so the earliest I could probably get there is about 1/1:30. We really want barrier, or failing that, second row.
I understand the clique is very dedicated but Oxford is a smaller city and a smaller venue than the US ones. Please help!!! I really really really want to be barrier, they mean so much to me.
Thank you!!

OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO TØP AT OXFORD TOO :biggrin:

Honestly don't get there that early, when I saw fall out boy a few weeks ago in London we got there an hour before doors opened and we were almost at the front standing!

However it is unpredictable, so I'm getting there around 5pm!
Reply 2
Original post by jamestg
OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO TØP AT OXFORD TOO

Honestly don't get there that early, when I saw fall out boy a few weeks ago in London we got there an hour before doors opened and we were almost at the front standing!

However it is unpredictable, so I'm getting there around 5pm!

OMG I MIGHT SEE YOU I HOPE YOU HAVE A SICK TIME !!

Ahh this gives me hope! Thank you! It's a small(er) venue anyway so any place is still a pretty good place!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
OMG I MIGHT SEE YOU I HOPE YOU HAVE A SICK TIME !!

Ahh this gives me hope! Thank you! It's a small(er) venue anyway so any place is still a pretty good place!

Yeah it is pretty small haha! Hope you have a great time too! :biggrin: I'M SO EXCITED KEKEKE
Reply 4
@mughushed it's so soon! 3 DAYS!!!

Finally got my tickets today too :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by jamestg
@mughushed it's so soon! 3 DAYS!!!

Finally got my tickets today too :smile:

I'm so so excited! I can't wait to hear them live, especially Car Radio, Goner, Guns for Hands & Polarize!!
Ah that's good, i'm glad :smile:
Reply 6
I'm so so excited! I can't wait to hear them live, especially Car Radio, Goner, Guns for Hands & Polarize!!
Ah that's good, i'm glad :smile:

Goner and guns for hands!!!

I'm really looking forward to house of gold, we don't believe what's on TV, message man but the big one is can't help falling in love because that's the song that introduced me to twenty one pilots!
Reply 7
Original post by jamestg
Goner and guns for hands!!!

I'm really looking forward to house of gold, we don't believe what's on TV, message man but the big one is can't help falling in love because that's the song that introduced me to twenty one pilots!

Can't Help Falling in Love ahhhhh that's one of my favourites!! It's gonna be so good!
Reply 8
@mughushed

are you trying to meet them after the gig or are you going straight home?
Reply 9
Original post by jamestg
@mughushed

are you trying to meet them after the gig or are you going straight home?

I'm gonna try, but i'm not gonna stick around for ages! I really hope i meet them though, they might come out before the concert (like Lower Than Atlantis did when i saw them at Oxford in April). Are you?
TOMORROW!!!

(I don't think I'll sleep...)
Original post by jamestg
TOMORROW!!!

(I don't think I'll sleep...)

hope you have a fantastic time!!! :biggrin:
Original post by CoolCavy
hope you have a fantastic time!!! :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:

I hope I do too!
@mughushed how did you find it?!

It was literally the best gig I've been to and I was almost in tears during goner when everyone else and I were singing at the top our lungs near the end
Reply 14
Original post by jamestg
@mughushed how did you find it?!

It was literally the best gig I've been to and I was almost in tears during goner when everyone else and I were singing at the top our lungs near the end

Oh my goodness it was so incredible!! I love them so much and they were so amazing live. The crowd was unbelievably rough (nearly touched Tyler's shoe when he got on the platform though!)

Whereabouts in the crowd were you? I was like 5th row back but when everyone was surging and shoving I got to about 3rd row
Oh my goodness it was so incredible!! I love them so much and they were so amazing live. The crowd was unbelievably rough (nearly touched Tyler's shoe when he got on the platform though!)

Whereabouts in the crowd were you? I was like 5th row back but when everyone was surging and shoving I got to about 3rd row

I was actually pretty close to you! I found the crowd not too bad at all tbh, the people around weren't really pushy and when my friend and I were talking to some they all seemed really nice!

I really hope they play another show in Oxford and they extend their February tour - 1st or 2nd March are the two dates they can do one and the venue is free too!!
Reply 16
Original post by jamestg
I was actually pretty close to you! I found the crowd not too bad at all tbh, the people around weren't really pushy and when my friend and I were talking to some they all seemed really nice!

I really hope they play another show in Oxford and they extend their February tour - 1st or 2nd March are the two dates they can do one and the venue is free too!!

Ahh really? I found the crowd really pushy, but it was so good.

Me too! If they come back I'm gonna get there really early to try and get to the front row!
Ahh really? I found the crowd really pushy, but it was so good.

Me too! If they come back I'm gonna get there really early to try and get to the front row!

Same! Fingers crossed they're gonna come back!

Quick Reply

Latest