The Student Room Group

Why are there so many gold diggers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome Genius
Lmao you got a 2:2 and you're calling me a failure? I got a first from Oxford. I don't need to respond to useless people like you. **** off.

Lol I'm in a high paid job mate,

I earn more than 90% of Oxbridge grads will be getting. I probably earn more than you.

Also just thought i'd mention; if you have to rely on cars and money to attract girls you must be ugly as ****, ****ing tragic lmfao
Original post by TheMaster102

I earn more than 90% of Oxbridge grads will be getting. I probably earn more than you.

I doubt it. I work with computer programmers on a daily basis. I know what kind of money they make. And if you got a 2:2 from a no-name university you won't even be earning that.

Not to discourage you from working hard and getting out a difficult position but you don't know anything about me.

Anyway, I would continue this battle of wits with you, but you're obviously unarmed.
I doubt it. I work with computer programmers on a daily basis. I know what kind of money they make. And if you got a 2:2 from a no-name university you won't even be earning that.

Not to discourage you from working hard and getting out a difficult position but you don't know anything about me.

Anyway, I would continue this battle of wits with you, but you're obviously unarmed.

lol you work with computer programmers.. what do you even do? most of the time the people working with computer programmers are earning less than the programmers.

Do you really think that because you have a piece of paper from a university that you're set for life or something? are you actually retarded? Do you know how many people are unemployed who have firsts from oxbridge?

Life is about more than the degree, and you'd know that. The senior programmer in my team earns 60k+

You're a complete loser, this is a clear as day to anyone who sees your posts. You literally sound like you're a virgin or something, are you a virgin?

Man I was getting laid when I was 16, no car, no money living in my momma's house.

You can't get laid and you own a BMW and a supposed high salary, what a tragedy.

Should probably just kill yourself now and save yourself the misery, probably going to die a virgin anyway
lol you work with computer programmers.. what do you even do? most of the time the people working with computer programmers are earning less than the programmers.

Do you really think that because you have a piece of paper from a university that you're set for life or something? are you actually retarded? Do you know how many people are unemployed who have firsts from oxbridge?

you're wrong about the computer programmers thing, we tell them what to do, and we earn more. you're wrong about the oxbridge thing - its not some 'piece of paper' - you actually have to be smart to get one and dedicated and hard-working and hungry for success - all qualities that help you in the working world.

Life is about more than the degree, and you'd know that. The senior programmer in my team earns 60k+

You're a complete loser, this is a clear as day to anyone who sees your posts. You literally sound like you're a virgin or something, are you a virgin?

Man I was getting laid when I was 16, no car, no money living in my momma's house.

You can't get laid and you own a BMW and a supposed high salary, what a tragedy.

Should probably just kill yourself now and save yourself the misery, probably going to die a virgin anyway

Short of recording myself having sex, there's no way to disprove me being a virgin - so its a pointless argument to have. I earn about 60k at the moment.

Now go away. Or in terms you may understand:

</?>

Spoiler

Please calm down and listen to this tune.

[video="youtube;6vwNcNOTVzY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY[/video]
you're wrong about the computer programmers thing, we tell them what to do, and we earn more. you're wrong about the oxbridge thing - its not some 'piece of paper' - you actually have to be smart to get one and dedicated and hard-working and hungry for success - all qualities that help you in the working world.

Short of recording myself having sex, there's no way to disprove me being a virgin - so its a pointless argument to have. I earn about 60k at the moment.

Now go away. Or in terms you may understand:

</?>

Yeah and I earn 150k...

not but really, you don't earn 60k, no graduates earn 60k, literally none.

You're so pathetic that you resort to lies, that's tragic. You haven't even told us what you do. Why would any company offer anyone a 60k salary when they're fresh out of uni?

"We tell the programmers what to do, we make more"

So you're in management? even top tier managers would be lucky to get 60k, and you're claiming you're a student aged guy earning 60k?

You know what, you're insecure, that's what it is, and it's really quite sad. You are also desperately depressed and resentful of others. You try to cling on to a notion you are superior because you "attended oxford" but the truth of the matter is if you were really secure in yourself why would you waste time spreading this absolute incessant nonsense on the internet?
Yeah and I earn 150k...

You're so pathetic that you resort to lies, that's tragic. You haven't even told us what you do. Why would any company offer anyone a 60k salary when they're fresh out of uni?

"We tell the programmers what to do, we make more"

So you're in management? even top tier managers would be lucky to get 60k, and you're claiming you're a student aged guy earning 60k?

You know what, you're insecure, that's what it is, and it's really quite sad. You are also desperately depressed and resentful of others. You try to cling on to a notion you are superior because you "attended oxford" but the truth of the matter is if you were really secure in yourself why would you waste time spreading this absolute incessant nonsense on the internet?

im bored and unfullfilled in my current position

im not fresh out of university. I did 3 years of an UG degree, then 3 years of an equivalent to a master/phd (medicine), then did 3 years working as a doctor, I'm 26 now and I do have a really good degree. There are people who earn £120k at my age who graduated from Oxford with a first. I need to catch up. Sorry to be the one to tell you about these things.
Also just thought i'd mention; if you have to rely on cars and money to attract girls you must be ugly as ****, ****ing tragic lmfao

if you have to rely on your looks that's pretty tragic too
i'd prefer financial stability
im bored and unfullfilled in my current position

im not fresh out of university. I did 3 years of an UG degree, then 3 years of an equivalent to a master/phd (medicine), then did 3 years working as a doctor, I'm 26 now and I do have a really good degree. There are people who earn £120k at my age who graduated from Oxford with a first. I need to catch up. Sorry to be the one to tell you about these things.

lol you are certainly unfulfilled, you're a sad person, I can sense it from you. Who the **** makes a thread called "why are there so many gold diggers"

lololol it's pathetic, why does it concern you what other people do. You clearly have some deep seated problems.

you worked for 3 years as a doctor? doctors don't make that much in case you didn't know, especially in the beginning.

You think I didn't know some people earn 120k+, yeah of course, but no one earns that on their first job. And I highly doubt any majority of Oxford earn anything close to 120+, possibly a very tiny minority of them who had good family connections. i.e dad is head of investment bank, gives son starting salary of 120k.

In which case, how is that an achievement, some people have an easy ride and their success is really not their own, I know how the rich live my friend you're assuming because I went to a russel group that wasn't oxbridge that i'm some kind of peasant lol.

All in all, you my friend are a loser, through and through. None of the posts you make on this site are anything but hate filled ramblings from a sad lonely little man.
Original post by defenestrated
if you have to rely on your looks that's pretty tragic too
i'd prefer financial stability

What about not relying on anything and just living your life as opposed to trying to be attractive to girls? :/ fairly simple concept, many seem to struggle with this.

Ironically this is probably the best way to attract girls.
lol you are certainly unfulfilled, you're a sad person, I can sense it from you. Who the **** makes a thread called "why are there so many gold diggers"

lololol it's pathetic, why does it concern you what other people do. You clearly have some deep seated problems.

you worked for 3 years as a doctor? doctors don't make that much in case you didn't know, especially in the beginning.

You think I didn't know some people earn 120k+, yeah of course, but no one earns that on their first job. And I highly doubt any majority of Oxford earn anything close to 120+, possibly a very tiny minority of them who had good family connections. i.e dad is head of investment bank, gives son starting salary of 120k.

In which case, how is that an achievement, some people have an easy ride and their success is really not their own, I know how the rich live my friend you're assuming because I went to a russel group that wasn't oxbridge that i'm some kind of peasant lol.

All in all, you my friend are a loser, through and through. None of the posts you make on this site are anything but hate filled ramblings from a sad lonely little man.

Man you're just wrong about everything. Like sometimes I get encouraged when people have some factual credibility or show some insight then I think let me at least try and have a discussion with them but you're just wrong about everything, insulting and stupid.

A 2:2? Id have given you a third.
What about not relying on anything and just living your life as opposed to trying to be attractive to girls? :/ fairly simple concept, many seem to struggle with this.

Ironically this is probably the best way to attract girls.

yeah i agree
it's "tragic" either way but people can live their life how they want
no h8
Man you're just wrong about everything. Like sometimes I get encouraged when people have some factual credibility or show some insight then I think let me at least try and have a discussion with them but you're just wrong about everything, insulting and stupid.

A 2:2? Id have given you a third.

You know some of the richest, most successful people on the planet never even went to university. University grades are about compliance, memorising and regurgitating the status quo of your chosen subject.

Naturally, many people don't do well in this system, does it mean they are incapable, does it mean they are dumb? you're hiding behind you're degree, but did it occur to you that the richest man in the world, Bill Gates, doesn't even have a degree. A disproportionate amount of the super-elite never even went to university.

Your over-reliance on your formal qualifications to prove yourself will be your downfall and is probably behind the reason you feel dissatisfied with your life. You expect success just because you went to a good uni, but you don't actually have any talent or credible skills, otherwise why would you feel the need to constantly try to put me down for my grade?

The fact is you're coming to realize the superiority you thought you held over everyone else and you desperately cling on to is an absolute illusion and really you're just a loser, you come accross as a terrible person too, a trait which will not lead to success because an important part of being successful is by getting people to like you, you are very unlikeable, it's probably also why you can't get laid and have to make threads complaining that women are gold diggers, like the mysogynist beta you are.

Crawl back into your little hole, you sad little man.
lol each to their own

but usually what happens is people go out to achieve something great, realise that its difficult, give up and then pretend their target was something much lesser - like marrying into money, for example.

Continual progression is key to happiness. However, there is a limit to how much you can develop your outer self i.e. your perceived intelligence and wealth, physical appearance and strength etc... Eventually they become stagnant. Life experience is something that cannot become stagnant i.e. experiencing difficult situations like feeling what its like to be a poor person feeling what its like to be rich. Exploring your emotions and yourself. etc... Basically what I'm saying is material (things that are easily noticed by others) are something that cannot continually be advanced and be fulfilling as much as they used to once be. Things that people don't see immediately like compassion, kindness etc.. are fulfilling in the long run than 'material' things.
(edited 8 years ago)
Man I love my BMW, so easy to overtake the computer programmers with their **** cars.
Reply 96
Because many are materialistic and feminism is partly to blame.
Man I love my BMW, so easy to overtake the computer programmers with their **** cars.

lol you might have a nice BMW, and that BMW may get you laid.

But at the end of the day, that BMW is a desperate attempt to validate yourself, clearly, seen as you constantly hide behind supposed wealth or this allegded oxford degree.

It's sad you feel the need to do this to a bunch of strangers on the internet? can you see how pathetic you are?

This thread is a perfect example, "why are there so many gold diggers".

What a lame guy, do you even have any friends?
Man, I love having a flat in Central London - love watching the computer programmers take a train 2 hours back home.
Yeah and I earn 150k...

My classmate joined a PE firm which pays 65k annually at entry level.

Quick Reply