The Student Room Group

Too many emails!!

I went to a UCAS conference and now they have my details. I keep getting sent leaflets through the post and emails about universities and 'how to apply' but my UCAS was sent off three weeks ago? Is there anything I need to tick/untick or something so they stop spamming me?
Original post by georgiaTK
I went to a UCAS conference and now they have my details. I keep getting sent leaflets through the post and emails about universities and 'how to apply' but my UCAS was sent off three weeks ago? Is there anything I need to tick/untick or something so they stop spamming me?

Did you get your barcode scanned by loads of unis there? If so, that's how they've got your details.

Click unsubscribe on any emails (this will often stop postal comms too, if they work on a CRM system for both) and individually contact any universities that continue to send post after that point.

It will all die down regardless, as they know when you're due to reply and will stop wasting their efforts after that point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
Did you get your barcode scanned by loads of unis there? If so, that's how they've got your details.

Click unsubscribe on any emails (this will often stop postal comms too, if they work on a CRM system for both) and individually contact any universities that continue to send post after that point.

It will all die down regardless, as they know when you're due to reply and will stop wasting their efforts after that point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We got emails from Aberdeen for 8 years after son number 1 had applied elsewhere... I suspect someone just didn't get round to doing any electronic housekeeping. We didn't unsubscribe just to see how long it went on for, out of interest.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
We got emails from Aberdeen for 8 years after son number 1 had applied elsewhere... I suspect someone just didn't get round to doing any electronic housekeeping. We didn't unsubscribe just to see how long it went on for, out of interest.

Oh dear... what I said is the theory of the matter anyway! They will normally ask you what year you plan to apply in...
Original post by Origami Bullets
Oh dear... what I said is the theory of the matter anyway! They will normally ask you what year you plan to apply in...

As he's pushing 30, it was all in the infancy of electronic marketing. I suspect they have got their act together rather better these days...
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

:rofl:

For the first few years we got paper prospectuses through the post as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending