The Student Room Group

betas?

what does beta male mean? someone explain?

Scroll to see replies

'Beta male' is like the inferior male, so to speak. However in my experience the people who call others beta tend to actually be the betas themselves. Although I HATE the term beta and alpha for describing people
betas gon beta
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
betas gon beta

Miscers smh
alpha af hiding beyond anon

simple harmonic motion: a prop - x^2

Unaware
Reply 6
Original post by Gulerana

Means likely to end up wealthier and more successful than the people who call themselves Alphas.
Original post by Reue
Means likely to end up wealthier and more successful than the people who call themselves Alphas.

or just mirin others for the duration of their life.
Can confirm I am zyzz brah
Reply 9
or just mirin others for the duration of their life.

Mirin?

I don't see the relevance of the incorrect definition of simple harmonic motion, surely SHM can only be used when referencing "omegas" :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 16Characters....
I don't see the relevance of the incorrect definition of simple harmonic motion, surely SHM can only be used when referencing to "omegas" :P

incorrect elaborate pls

I have no idea m398593958]

I just posted to talk to reue L<3

Original post by Reue
Mirin?

I miss you :frown:

Miss your hoodie too brah
Reply 12
incorrect elaborate pls

I just posted to talk to reue L<3

I miss you :frown:

Miss your hoodie too brah

What?
incorrect elaborate pls

You said (I assume a and x refer to acceleration and displacement as is customary) that a is proportional to -x^2, but it is a is proportional to x.

But the question was more why is it relevant. Not that it matters though, I will leave you to talk to Reue :-)
Original post by Reue
What?

:smile:

You said (I assume a and x refer to acceleration and displacement as is customary) that a is proportional to -x^2, but it is a is proportional to x.

But the question was more why is it relevant. Not that it matters though, I will leave you to talk to Reue :-)

Actually a is propotional to negative x.

But yes I was wrong firtst tiem.

shm abbreviation sakebem my head not simpleharmonic motion idk omglol
:smile:
Actually a is propotional to negative x.

That is equivalent to a is proportional to x, just by my definition the constant of proportionality is negative.
That is equivalent to a is proportional to x, just by my definition the constant of proportionality is negative.

lmao that own definition pea. By convention proportion sign yields positive constant unless stated otherwise :smile:
lmao that own definition pea. By convention proportion sign yields positive constant unless stated otherwise :smile:

If two quantities are in direct proportion then the constant of proportionality is defined as their ratio yx\frac{y}{x} , or alternatively as the constant C such that y=Cx y = Cx where x,y are the quantities in direct proportion.

In relationships of the form y=kx y = -kx with k a positive constant, the constant of proportionality is (-k) not k. (again working off y is directly proportional to x)

Edit: A refinement is needed for the first paragraph. I should specify that in my examples I am working off "y is directly proportional to x"
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gulerana

Beta means son in Hindi ok? And I have 8 of them.
Reply 19
x

What does Mirin mean? :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending