Wowser

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34724604

Gasp. So there must be new evidence. :eek4:
Reply 61
Original post by Betelgeuse-
UK government have announced they think a bomb brought it down

Wowser

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34724604

Disturbing. Security at that airport did not seem that soft. I imagine if it is a bomb airports all over the world are going to go mad.
Sky has it.
http://news.sky.com/story/1581778/no-10-explosive-device-may-have-downed-plane

So the question now is do the UK government have new information or is this just them being cautious and a typical example of the chronic inability of the UK HMG to come out with accurate information? No other media outlet is relaying this at the moment. :confused:
Well I wouldn't be Russian to holiday in that part of the world right now, that's for sure.
Thinking back to when i visited Sharm a few years ago, the airport security staff didn't seem very pleasant / professional Then again neither did many Egyptians i met lol. Horrible people.

Bomb placed in the cargo maybe by airport staff?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Well I wouldn't be Russian to holiday in that part of the world right now, that's for sure.

Or anyone, frankly.
Original post by Gears265
It is fishy because how on earth would ISIS had known if a plane miles in the sky carried Russian citizens, a bit of a coincidence don't you think? I don't think ISIS are involved, Chechnya on the other hand

Plenty of apps for under a pound that show you all the information of a plane, speed, direction, destination, altitude and so on.
Reply 67
Original post by Bill_Gates
That statistic was from involvement of foreign forces. Not sectarian violence.

"Involvement of foreign forces" is not the same as "Directly shot or bombed by Americans"

I can't find a source for the 500,000 number but the Iraq Body Count project includes "deaths attributable to coalition and insurgent military action, sectarian violence and criminal violence, which refers to excess civilian deaths caused by criminal action resulting from the breakdown in law and order which followed the coalition invasion". So yeah, it absolutely includes deaths due to other Iraqis.

A lot of people have died because of western involvement in Iraq, but saying "the west has killed millions in afghan/iraq/pakistan" is just outright false.

But back on topic, seems odd if they had the capability to down a plane but didn't until now. It is not impossible they are just claiming credit, although they are as likely culprits as anyone else.
CNN still speculating that the crash was accidental and due to the previous bash on the tail the aircraft had suffered.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/04/africa/russian-plane-crash-egypt-sinai/index.html

If this turns out to be an overreaction by the UK government based on Cameron being too cautious or parts of the UK security apparatus being amateurish, they will have a lot of explaining to do, not least for basically declaring that it was caused by a bomb.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Gasp. So there must be new evidence. :eek4:

They think it's a possibility.

It's risk management.
Original post by Bill_Gates
erm what? the west has killed millions in afghan/iraq/pakistan? a lot of them innocent civilians.

Collateral is a soft way to describe Americas mistakes.
Sky has it.
http://news.sky.com/story/1581778/no-10-explosive-device-may-have-downed-plane

So the question now is do the UK government have new information or is this just them being cautious and a typical example of the chronic inability of the UK HMG to come out with accurate information? No other media outlet is relaying this at the moment. :confused:

What do you think the response will be from the public if it was a bomb that brought it down and they did nothing and brought another plane down.
Simple, it's another Lockerbie.

It'll be interesting to see how Russia reacts when the plot unfolds.
You know what's truly sickening, this is only going to become more frequent so long as the US and its allies carry out attack on ISIS. It's just a vicious cycle.
Original post by MatureStudent36
What do you think the response will be from the public if it was a bomb that brought it down and they did nothing and brought another plane down.

Yeah, the problem applies the other way as well though - what if this is just hype designed to have a go at the Russians and turns out to be grossly inaccurate? You can only cry wolf so many times. After a while, people stop listening.

At the moment we don't know categorically which way this happened, but I think if the government don't genuinely know and they are just making guesses based on untested information, then they shouldn't be making public claims with such severe consequences for people trapped on runways down there.
Yeah so all major media outlets are reporting that it was indeed a bomb that took down the Sinai plane.

As AMTV reports too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQQrI1_u3m8
Reply 76
Yeah, the problem applies the other way as well though - what if this is just hype designed to have a go at the Russians and turns out to be grossly inaccurate? You can only cry wolf so many times. After a while, people stop listening.

At the moment we don't know categorically which way this happened, but I think if the government don't genuinely know and they are just making guesses based on untested information, then they shouldn't be making public claims with such severe consequences for people trapped on runways down there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34728901
US are saying the similar line.

I can't think of a way this can be used as anti Russian propoganda.

AT the moment it seems like a wise precaution, although time will give people the answer they need.

Sadly it's a viable option for what happened. Modern day aircraft don't just fall apart in the sky anymore.

With the advent of modern travel, security measures are only as strong as its weakest link in the globe.

You heard our defence secretary: the safety of UK nations trapped at Sharm is paramount.

There is sufficient evidence which suggests it was a bomb attack, just like Lockerbie.

We don't want to risk anything when we know ISIS are plotting another attack.
Original post by MatureStudent36
I can't think of a way this can be used as anti Russian propoganda.

AT the moment it seems like a wise precaution, although time will give people the answer they need.

Sadly it's a viable option for what happened. Modern day aircraft don't just fall apart in the sky anymore.

With the advent of modern travel, security measures are only as strong as its weakest link in the globe.

Not anti-Russian as such, but useful to the US (which is where, we now know, the intelligence has come from that the UK government is allegedly relying on) at the present time, as Putin is attacking anti-Assad forces but not (mainly) ISIS - the US would like the reverse to be true.

That's why RT is still hedging its bets.
https://www.rt.com/news/320762-uk-explosive-device-sinai/

CNN had continued until this morning to be sceptical although their reports are now covering the US and UK intelligence claims.

Quick Reply

Latest