The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookiemunch
nuh uh, they lost 5-1 against Bayern Munich.. :frown:

Either you don't understand sarcasm or you just somehow turned that around and ruined it :frown:
Original post by llys
Actually, you are right. So long as Arsenal field a B-Team that really is a B-Team I'm fine with Europa League.

what would a complete B team look like though?

ospina
Debuchy Mertesacker Chambers Gibbs
Arteta Flamini
Jeff Rosicky Ox
Campbell

?
Reply 9762
Original post by swirly

ospina
Arteta Flamini
Jeff Rosicky Ox
Campbell

?

I'm sure Wenger could play more youths than Jeff, but I'm not on top with who is on loan and who is available. Bielik maybe? BTW What happened to Ryo, was he sold?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Either you don't understand sarcasm or you just somehow turned that around and ruined it :frown:

hmph thought you were being legit, so I guessed I just ruined it, but hey- i've been asked before so I guess I'm justified..:colondollar:
Original post by llys
I'm sure Wenger could play more youths than Jeff, but I'm not on top with who is on loan and who is available.

most of the youth are on loan

Jeff, Crowley and Iwobi is about all that look playable.

Zelalem, Niles, Gnabry, Hayden, Chuba, Jenkinson and Sanogo all loaned out.

Think one of Chuba or Sanogo will be recalled in January cuz we dont have a 3rd choice striker.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by swirly

ospina
Arteta Flamini
Jeff Rosicky Ox
Campbell

?

Wilshere Rosicky Ox
Welbeck
Reply 9766
Welbeck, totally forgot him. :lol:
Original post by shawn_o1
Wilshere Rosicky Ox
Welbeck

completely forgot Welbeck existed :lol:

Nah Wilshere is first team tbh. if he's not first 11, he's definitely one of 3 subs to come on.
Original post by llys
Actually, you are right. So long as Arsenal field a B-Team that really is a B-Team I'm fine with Europa League.

I would be sending a youth team + fringe player for away games and then either fielding first team or a strong bench for home games. Arsenal have enough quality to get to the semi-finals by doing that imo.

Original post by swirly
I was just loling @ thinking the Europa League is a real trophy tbh

Frankly it's more valuable than winning the FA Cup/League Cup.

Not like Arsenal have won that many trophies/"non-trophies" in recent years to be sniffing at a EL trophy.
Original post by Zerforax

Frankly it's more valuable than winning the FA Cup/League Cup.

Not like Arsenal have won that many trophies/"non-trophies" in recent years to be sniffing at a EL trophy.

We are 4 time Emirates Cup winners.

you name me one team that has won it more.

Name one.
We won the FA Cup more than anyone else, that it's now named after our sponsor :rofl:
Original post by swirly
the biggest tragedy is that, with the last fixture being away to olumpiakos, wouldn't even be able to take selfies on the pitch for the heroic feat of qualifying.

Mate selfies are reserved for 4th place trophy only #yagunnersya

Just going to put it out there, Debuchy was abysmal all night bar one quality bit of recovery. People will say he played dreadfully. If Bellerin had played the exact same game people on here would ignore the 90 minutes getting mugged off and praise him for 1 moment in the game. Genuinely believe that as a very similar thing happened in the home tie.

Just food for thought
Original post by leinad2012
Mate selfies are reserved for 4th place trophy only #yagunnersya

Just going to put it out there, Debuchy was abysmal all night bar one quality bit of recovery. People will say he played dreadfully. If Bellerin had played the exact same game people on here would ignore the 90 minutes getting mugged off and praise him for 1 moment in the game. Genuinely believe that as a very similar thing happened in the home tie.

Just food for thought

you on about the robben vs cech situation where debuchy recovers?

tbh if you re watch it, you have to give most of the credit to Cech. had that been Ospina/ Chez, Debuchy would have nothing to recover, as they wouldn't have been able to stand so big to put Robben off for so long.

and word. I said that after the bayern last game. decision node innit. simples.
Inb4 we draw Dortmund in EL. Or Sevilla. Or Napoli. Or Monaco.
That was bloody terrible.
Original post by shawn_o1
Inb4 we draw Dortmund in EL. Or Sevilla. Or Napoli. Or Monaco.

Legit wouldn't care, would prefer it tbh, at least we'd get out of the competition quickly without the embarrassment and wumming that'd result from getting knocked out to a team that came 2nd in the Kazak league or some ****
Original post by leinad2012
Legit wouldn't care, would prefer it tbh, at least we'd get out of the competition quickly without the embarrassment and wumming that'd result from getting knocked out to a team that came 2nd in the Kazak league or some ****

ngl Kairat are a decent team m8
Original post by swirly
ngl Kairat are a decent team m8

The only Kazakh team left in Europe is Astana, and they'll finish last in their cl group. two Azeri teams in the EL group stage, don't see either of them progressing. So the furthest place I could see arsenal go is of course, kazan
I'd love a Tottenham and Arsenal meeting in the Europa League, to be honest.
Looking for Arsenal fans in this thread after they've lost a game be like...

Latest