The Student Room Group

Hiv aids

i obviously seem not to look HIV.
what's HIV?
unlike you, i've never visited HIV related hospital philanthropically.
can you say HIV positive?
what are they looking?
like their painful skin?
like they're skinny?
i'm inexperienced in sex contagion.
what's their appearance?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm not really sure what this is asking, so: if you think you have HIV, go and get tested. We don't know if you have it, but a doctor will.
I think this is asking 'can you tell who has HIV by looking at them?'

No, you can't.

Many other sexually transmitted infections can't be spotted just by looking too. There are people who will lie to get the sex that they want, so you have to decide what risks are ok for you, including how much to trust someone.
what's HIV?

A virus.

can you say HIV positive?

...Yes?

what are they looking?

Antibody in your blood.

like their painful skin?

No.

like they're skinny?

No.

what's their appearance?

There can be no symptoms and you most definitely cannot tell if someone is a carrier by looking at them.
Reply 4
is hiv a sickness of death?
heated and high temperature?
coughing?
HIV is a virus. If someone has it and they don't get treatment to manage it, after several years it can damage their immune system which leads to them catching various other diseases. Those can be fatal.

With treatment, people with HIV are expected to live as long and as healthily as anyone else.
Original post by unknown2ooo
is hiv a sickness of death?
heated and high temperature?
coughing?

No, not really. First of all, as mentioned, HIV is a virus, not an illness. AIDS is. And no, you don't really die from AIDS alone.

Heated and high temperature? What? No.

Coughing? No.
Reply 7
why do they notify HIV AIDS over seriously?
Sex + Death = Interest.

When it was noticed in the west that people were dying with what became called Aids - infection with HIV leading to the collapse of the immune system and the consequent problems - in the early 1980s, there was no treatment. It was the first often fatal sexually transmitted infection since antibiotics started to be used to cure syphilis in the 1940s and, as such, a very big thing for generations of people for whom infection with anything was seen as a relatively minor issue.

Since the mid-1990s, there has been a way to successfully manage the infection, but it's still a serious issue. There are lots of people in the world with HIV and the number will go up until there's a cure.
Reply 9
it's a privacy that i don't have hiv.
coz i don't ever have symptom.
if you want to die of sex, and you're interested, go ahead.
do you have hiv?
i'm a pupil.

Original post by unprinted
Sex + Death = Interest.

When it was noticed in the west that people were dying with what became called Aids - infection with HIV leading to the collapse of the immune system and the consequent problems - in the early 1980s, there was no treatment. It was the first often fatal sexually transmitted infection since antibiotics started to be used to cure syphilis in the 1940s and, as such, a very big thing for generations of people for whom infection with anything was seen as a relatively minor issue.

Since the mid-1990s, there has been a way to successfully manage the infection, but it's still a serious issue. There are lots of people in the world with HIV and the number will go up until there's a cure.
For many people, sex has always been at least a bit dangerous. Sometimes, the risk has been of dying: through the chance of catching syphilis / HIV, or the chance of being discovered and killed (say because the sex has had the death penalty or they'd be lynched), or because of other dangers. For many of them, that hasn't stopped them having the sex.

HIV is something I am interested in, because I am interested in sexual health.

Before HIV infection causes the collapse of the immune system, there aren't any symptoms. This is why people have HIV tests: to know if they have it or not.
You can look at Youtube videos of the historic hiv epidemic, but in cases people didnt know what was causing people to just die..

Its possible there could be diseases like this in the future which will come about from unsafe sex...
i kinda am not like i do something.
PLZ tell me what they look like, and
what they suffer from
People with HIV look like... everyone else.

What people with HIV suffer from... stigma, mostly.
do most have hiv like that?
e.g penis licking
People with HIV look like... everyone else.

What people with HIV suffer from... stigma, mostly.

And also it is not that HIV/Aids that is killing people, it is normally some every day infection which your body cannot fight which eventually kills you.
Original post by unknown2ooo
do most have hiv like that?
e.g penis licking

Almost no-one got HIV from giving oral sex. Overwhelmingly, it's intercourse (vaginal and anal) without a condom, but also significant numbers via getting infected blood, or via breast milk.

Original post by ebam_uk
And also it is not that HIV/Aids that is killing people, it is normally some every day infection which your body cannot fight which eventually kills you.

I think I said that earlier, but yes. Aids is the collapse of your immune system which allows other things it would normally deal with to kill you.
Almost no-one got HIV from giving oral sex. Overwhelmingly, it's intercourse (vaginal and anal) without a condom, but also significant numbers via getting infected blood, or via breast milk.

I think I said that earlier, but yes. Aids is the collapse of your immune system which allows other things it would normally deal with to kill you.

Generally speaking as well anything that involved blood mixing ( ie sharing needles, people giving hiv infected blood for donation could account for a lot of it)...

Generally it is just that transfer of blood ( bodily fluids) with hiv between ppl, a lot of lies like if u share toilet seats when hiv dies out of the body quickly or kiss someone or someone sneezes on you who has hiv were kinda scare stories as naturally ppl thought initally it was possibly airbourne etc etc..
never been pointed out
have had sex through mouth

Quick Reply

Latest