The Student Room Group

How long would you wait for your food to be served/prepared?

I went to a kebab shop and the girl at the till said I'd need to wait 15 mins for her to prepare the kebab :eek:
Unless this is some fancy restaurant, then I may wait for that duration (even that I'd need to consider lol)

I said no thanks and I went for a fish and chip instead.

How long would you wait for your food to be served/prepared?

Scroll to see replies

1hr for preparation and 20 minute of cooling if am not hungry otherwise zero
what a daft post.

maybe the meat wasn't cooked. What do you want? Food poisoning?
I've had to wait in a fish and chip shop for stuff to be cooked.
"posh restaurants" take the heck of a lot longer than 15 mins to serve a meal.

if you want quick, buy a burger,
Well, it depends on whether it's a fast food restaurant or a sit-down restaurant.

In a fast food place, I would expect my food within 20 minutes, although I would wait up to 30 minutes before leaving without the food and filing a complaint. After all, if I'm going to a fast food place, I'm probably on a lunch hour and can't wait much longer than that.

In a sit-down restaurant, I would probably wait just over an hour for my food. I think waiting two hours would be kind of ridiculous. Anything longer than two hours, and I would just leave.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by domonict
what a daft post.

@kka25/OP

Reply 5
Original post by XcitingStuart
@kka25/OP

:lol:

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by domonict
what a daft post.

Well ... a kebab is normally served as fast as a burger (you just need to slice those meat and slap some mayo and sauce on them); so 15 mins is rather long for a kebab :wink:
I waited 4 hours for a kebab in dubai. I was totally drunk by the time it came, so it tasted way better.
Reply 8
Original post by Bill_Gates
I waited 4 hours for a kebab in dubai. I was totally drunk by the time it came, so it tasted way better.

:eek4:

What kebab is this? Made out of camel meat?
if it's a fast food shop ,it should be within 15mins , longest i've waited is around 10.
Reply 10
Original post by jeremy1988
Well, it depends on whether it's a fast food restaurant or a sit-down restaurant.

In a fast food place, I would expect my food within 20 minutes, although I would wait up to 30 minutes before leaving without the food and filing a complaint. After all, if I'm going to a fast food place, I'm probably on a lunch hour and can't wait much longer than that.

In a sit-down restaurant, I would probably wait just over an hour for my food. I think waiting two hours would be kind of ridiculous. Anything longer than two hours, and I would just leave.

Jeremy, I think waiting for an hour is already ridiculous!
Original post by kka25
:eek4:

What kebab is this? Made out of camel meat?

Room service - "posh" hotel
Original post by jeremy1988

An hour!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kka25
:lol:

Spoiler

Before we begin, you must have ET's magical finger(s). If you do not, this is the end of our journey. :frown:

Then with that finger you must press multiple buttons on your keyboard to finally get an "@".

Then as you begin to work away those magical fingers typing out the name of whom you wish to mention, names should appear in a drop down box, and when you find the one you want, you click it, or if it is already highlighted, you can press enter to quicken the process.

Depending on my hunger and mood.
Reply 15
Original post by XcitingStuart
Before we begin, you must have ET's magical finger(s). If you do not, this is the end of our journey. :frown:

Then with that finger you must press multiple buttons on your keyboard to finally get an "@".

Then as you begin to work away those magical fingers typing out the name of whom you wish to mention, names should appear in a drop down box, and when you find the one you want, you click it, or if it is already highlighted, you can press enter to quicken the process.

Spoiler

Well, sit-down restaurants are often really slow if they're crowded. That's why I usually go to fast food restaurants and only go to sit-down restaurants if they're relatively empty and I have time to wait.

What I really hate with fast food is that whenever we order a burger with chicken at a drive-thru place... they always ask my mother to pull up to the parking lot and wait about 10 minutes for them to bring it out. They never have it ready when we come to the window. Sometimes they even forget you're there, and you have to go in and yell at them (which defeats the purpose of having a drive-thru in the first place). It didn't used to be that way, but I think they've cut down on staff and expanded the menus, so it's a natural result.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kka25

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Depends on what I've ordered and the type of place I'm going to eat. If it's McDonalds I'll wait 10 minutes at the most. If it was like Pizza Express, 30-35 minutes.
Well things don't always go perfectly, but you have the choice to make.

In OP case, instantaneous fish and chips vs 15 minutes kebab = fish and chips wins.

At a restaurant time shouldn't really matter too much - as you're expecting to wait. Fast food that is sort of your own prerogative, as its supposed to be fast.

Quick Reply

Latest