The Student Room Group

Unconditional offers

I've heard universities will offer you an unconditional if you make them your firm choice, how do they go about that?
Original post by Kglenc97
I've heard universities will offer you an unconditional if you make them your firm choice, how do they go about that?

Some universities, for some of their courses, offer unconditional offers to some applicants, usually the strongest. You can't choose whether you get an unconditional offer, of course, and not getting one certainly doesn't mean you're a bad student, as some unis/courses just don't offer them, or only give a certain amount.
Reply 2
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Some universities, for some of their courses, offer unconditional offers to some applicants, usually the strongest. You can't choose whether you get an unconditional offer, of course, and not getting one certainly doesn't mean you're a bad student, as some unis/courses just don't offer them, or only give a certain amount.

Ok thank you for the info. I am applying to Leicester for Law, I know they do offer them! I just received a conditional offer of AAB! :smile:
Ok thank you for the info. I am applying to Leicester for Law, I know they do offer them! I just received a conditional offer of AAB! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer! :smile: I've also applied for Leicester law (almost two weeks ago now), so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon.
Reply 4
Congratulations on your offer! :smile: I've also applied for Leicester law (almost two weeks ago now), so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon.

I've seen quite a few offers come back in the last few days so hopefully you'll get one soon, let me know when you get one!
I've seen quite a few offers come back in the last few days so hopefully you'll get one soon, let me know when you get one!

Just got an unconditional from Leicester! :biggrin: I'm completely shocked by it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Just got an unconditional from Leicester! :biggrin: I'm completely shocked by it

Wow well done!! You must have impressed, will they be your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow well done!! You must have impressed, will they be your firm?

I'm still quite surprised by it! And it'll likely be my insurance (it seems to be unconditional regardless of whether it's firm or insurance, which is also surprising), but it really depends on where else I get offers from.Do you think Leicester will be your firm?
Reply 8
I'm still quite surprised by it! And it'll likely be my insurance (it seems to be unconditional regardless of whether it's firm or insurance, which is also surprising), but it really depends on where else I get offers from.Do you think Leicester will be your firm?

I really want Leicester to be my firm so an unconditional would have been loooovely! But that's life haha! Least you have definite security of going to university so congratulations!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got two unconditionals from the University of Birmingham and Birmingham City University. My AS results were pretty average at ABBB. It's all about the personal statement because lots of people can get the grades, it's your PS that makes you stand out from the other 1000 people who are applying for the same course. Birmingham City University for English is BBC and I'm predicted AAA, so that's probably why :u:
Reply 10
Original post by Reader106
I've got two unconditionals from the University of Birmingham and Birmingham City University. My AS results were pretty average at ABBB. It's all about the personal statement because lots of people can get the grades, it's your PS that makes you stand out from the other 1000 people who are applying for the same course. Birmingham City University for English is BBC and I'm predicted AAA, so that's probably why :u:

Yeah the PS is the main standing out point, I didn't get any work experience for my subject which is a bummer but in my town it's so hard to find haha, congrats on the unconditionals!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending