The Student Room Group

I don't want to reproduce

I know this contradicts biology, and on one level the point of life. On another, I feel that I cannot ignore the objective evidence-AI and technoogy is creepy, surveillance is creepy, society goes more towards groupthink, conformity and authoritarianism, I think they could be living in a hellish world. Since I don't see kids as trophies, to do for social approval, I would genuinely care about them, I can't stand the thought of this- I don't want to be pathologised or told anyone who sees anything wrong with society and whats on the horizon is ill. Look at the evidence, tech gets sinister, surveillance gets easier and easier, this is before we get to the accelerating pace of climate change, and muslim demographics in Europe. I do want sex, more, and reproduction, on some gut level, it's human, but I also think the world is ****ed-so I am in conflict.

Scroll to see replies

you don't have to if you don't want to. no one's forcing you.
Reply 2
"I really benefited from reading this" said Davalla in a very patronising tone.
Reply 3
I meant I'm in conflict really-nature and sex drive does mean I want to, society is being destroyed. This country.
Give that speech to any girls you meet. You won't need to worry about not reproducing.
Neither do I. We should form a club.

Then again, if you can feel the "need" to have kids then maybe I don't want you in my club, just in case you change your mind. No traitors allowed (rule #4).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Do you think it's possible you're just saying this to go against the grain? Do you have any other views that may not conform with socially acceptable ideologies?
Reply 7
Original post by naslost
Do you think it's possible you're just saying this to go against the grain? Do you have any other views that may not conform with socially acceptable ideologies?

Not for the sake of it. 'Acceptable' is a pretty creepy word which really has hints(at the least)of totalitarianism and groupthink. I don't accept, for example that my country is being run in the right way or that it's future is bright. One of the main reasons I don't want to have kids-too much pain down the line.
Hahahaha

[video="youtube;y0HweGIHhsY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0HweGIHhsY[/video]
Reply 9
There's plenty of people don't want to have children for a variety of reasons. Don't worry about it.
Kids stink, cost money and end happiness. Don't see why you would want to.
You may change your mind when youre older :smile: but if you don't theres nothing wrong with
Original post by Jebedee
Kids stink, cost money and end happiness. Don't see why you would want to.

Well, you must have felt lust, wanted unprotected sex? It's biology, and people do end up loving their kids.
Original post by Anonymous
Well, you must have felt lust, wanted unprotected sex? It's biology, and people do end up loving their kids.

Almost all of my sex is unprotected but that doesn't mean I'm going to have a kid. The precum pregnancy thing is bs and I'm a boss at pulling out.
Original post by Jebedee
Almost all of my sex is unprotected but that doesn't mean I'm going to have a kid. The precum pregnancy thing is bs and I'm a boss at pulling out.

Really? I would never imagine you could take tat risk, their must be sperm in pre cum, and anyhow how can Iit satisfy you if you pull out? May as well ****.

You seem very sure, but pregancies can happen without people expecting
Reply 15
Original post by Jebedee
Good point. That's why practising Catholics who use the withdrawal method always have such small families.

Where do we send donations for the baby shower?
The other thing I forgot to mention. I hate the idea of having a daughter especially. I know a son could fend for himself, but I see how insecure women are, how much society is about appearance, and how they would need validation. I also see how social media is bad and most of all, what slimeballs and opportunists a load of men are now. Would she follow my advice now or rebel and possibly be mistreated. It makes me dread..
Reply 17
Oh bum. It was just another troll. :-(
Original post by Anonymous
I know this contradicts biology, and on one level the point of life. On another, I feel that I cannot ignore the objective evidence-AI and technoogy is creepy, surveillance is creepy, society goes more towards groupthink, conformity and authoritarianism, I think they could be living in a hellish world. Since I don't see kids as trophies, to do for social approval, I would genuinely care about them, I can't stand the thought of this- I don't want to be pathologised or told anyone who sees anything wrong with society and whats on the horizon is ill. Look at the evidence, tech gets sinister, surveillance gets easier and easier, this is before we get to the accelerating pace of climate change, and muslim demographics in Europe. I do want sex, more, and reproduction, on some gut level, it's human, but I also think the world is ****ed-so I am in conflict.

If your white with little genetic history of major illnesses and of above average intelligence then you should cast aside those concerns and breed, our birth rate is too low.
Reply 19
"Accelerating pace of climate change, and Muslim demographics in Europe"

Not sure if troll, super ignorant or plain stupid (or all 3) but either way my brain shutdown when I got to this sentence. I pretty well hope you don't produce offspring with this mentality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending