The Student Room Group

Guys be honest, how much does it matter how a girl looks WITHOUT makeup?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
LOL and girls don't?

Someone is butthurt.

Chill :rofl:
But first instinct is not love and is in the absence of a connection. I believe most people look like rubbish take a good look around you most people are unattractive, especially in their plain state, most people are a bit chubby or fat and don't take care of themselves and yet seem to be doing just fine for themselves the human race goes on.

I know anyone can get a boyfriend but you're more likely to have one if you look better :dontknow:

I'm not looking for true love haha :colondollar:
Someone is butthurt.

Chill :rofl:

Butthurt? it's true, why do you single guys out?
I see.
Well I think it's sexy

If you look at polls, you are right about half of guys are turned off.. But some aren't and lots find it a turn on. Maybe if guys were more honest most would find it a tur non

What about it would turn a male on? Unless there into people essentially killing themselves slowly.
Well if you are wearing natural makeup the difference shouldn't be massively noticeable.
Reply 26
As a guy who tends to order girls who wear little or no make up is be more inclined to be put off someone who plasters their face with make up. Also, smoking is a major turn off for me, even for the hottest of girls.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
What about it would turn a male on? Unless there into people essentially killing themselves slowly.

Because it's phallic. I know loads of hipster and indie guys who don't smoke and are health conscious and love girls who smoke :cool:

Lularose83
Well if you are wearing natural makeup the difference shouldn't be massively noticeable.

I wear fairly natural makeup, foundation, highlighter, brow pencil, mascara, and then some bold lip colour :smile:

It just makes me pretty though idk

Wyrley
As a guy who tends to order girls who wear little or no make up is be more inclined to be put off someone who plasters their face with make up. Also, smoking is a major turn off for me, even for the hottest of girls.

How much is plastered make up and why is smoking a turn off?
Reply 28

How much is plastered make up and why is smoking a turn off?

it's normally foundation that they plastered on. For example, one girl I work with looks like she's got about a layer about inch deep of the stuff on her face.

As for smoking, because it's a vile habit. The health risks, the taste and the smell are all disgusting.
Original post by Wyrley
it's normally foundation that they plastered on. For example, one girl I work with looks like she's got about a layer about inch deep of the stuff on her face.

As for smoking, because it's a vile habit. The health risks, the taste and the smell are all disgusting.

Oh, so light makeup is natural foundation for you then :smile:
It matters a lot, it's extremely important how she looks without makeup. Makeup makes women look fake and artifical, it's a mask, they don't really look like that and I can't take them seriously. I'm only interested in what they actually look like, without a mask on. I judge women on how they look like without makeup on, that's what really matters. I have no respect for girls who wear makeup, it's absolutely silly and they look ridiculous.
Original post by Cold 187um
It matters a lot, it's extremely important how she looks without makeup. Makeup makes women look fake and artifical, it's a mask, they don't really look like that and I can't take them seriously. I'm only interested in what they actually look like, without a mask on. I judge women on how they look like without makeup on, that's what really matters. I have no respect for girls who wear makeup, it's absolutely silly and they look ridiculous.

lol
It does definitely matter to me how she would look without makeup if she looked considerably better with then that would be like dating two separate people. I like the contrast to be minimum.
This is a pretty vain and quite an unreasonable thread tbh :/ You can't really judge it as if you connect with somebody at an intellectual and spiritual level then I doubt physical attraction would hold as much importance... Assuming this isn't the first time you've seen and met them

PS. Imperfections are worth admiration too
It doesn't matter. In fact its better knowing what a woman really looks like, and makeup often hides that.
Original post by Black Cat
It does definitely matter to me how she would look without makeup if she looked considerably better with then that would be like dating two separate people. I like the contrast to be minimum.

How much is considerably better? Like I don't do contouring

beautyandthebeat

This is a pretty vain and quite an unreasonable thread tbh :/ You can't really judge it as if you connect with somebody at an intellectual and spiritual level then I doubt physical attraction would hold as much importance... Assuming this isn't the first time you've seen and met them

PS. Imperfections are worth admiration too

Loads of people make threads about their looks :lolwut: most people consider them when choosing a partner that's why :lol:
Reply 36
Smoking is a major turn-off for me. As for the makeup, I prefer it to be minimalistic, so that it's barely noticeable and only subtly different from her real face.
Original post by Andy98
Smoking is a major turn-off for me. As for the makeup, I prefer it to be minimalistic, so that it's barely noticeable and only subtly different from her real face.

How much is minimalistic? LIke is bright lipstick a turn off?
Reply 38
How much is minimalistic? LIke is bright lipstick a turn off?

Depends how bright, if it's just pinkish or something, it's fine - if it's blinding I can be put off.
There's no such thing as a Beyonce or anyone on a similar level without makeup.

That's not true though, for me a girl who wears less makeup but is less "attractive" is more attractive than a girl who wears lots but is very good looking.

Looks really aren't everything (not all guys are that shallow), and being better looking and what is considered more "attractive" would not actually make me more attracted to her.

Also this isn't a is-smoking-attractive thread, there are plenty of those already, but for me smoking would make the difference between a girl who is otherwise perfect partner material and a girl I wouldn't even consider romantically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending