The Student Room Group

Texting guys first

Scroll to see replies

I text whoever I want, when I want. I don't see the point of waiting if I want to talk to them.
Original post by starlight82
I text whoever I want, when I want. I don't see the point of waiting if I want to talk to them.

Ditto. I'm not one for playing these sort of mind games.
Original post by Indeterminate
Option 1 for me :biggrin:

Out of interest, why do girls get so nervous about initiating contact?

For fear of being rejected or coming off as needy/clingy/desperate, I'm guessing. I personally never have any issue with texting a guy when I feel like it but a lot of my friends who are girls seem to have that problem. They're always waiting for a guy to text first and then they'll moan and whine about how he's taking too much time. I prefer to be proactive. Rather than leave the poor guy hanging.
I feel insecure if I text a guy first. Sometimes I don't.

In my culture, it's better for a guy to text a girl first.
Text me i ll reu

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not being funny but I don't understand why girls can't text first?

If a girl can't text first because she's 'shy' or because she's waiting for me to do it I would think less of her I won't even lie.

A woman who texts first will always catch my attention. I don't have time for mind games. If you're an adult and you're interested in trying to pursue something that has the potential to turn into a relationship and you can't even find the strength to text first then you've already failed at the first hurdle.

Obviously it depends on someone's schedule, I work some dodgy hours but I'd always text at my earliest convenience. I'm not into foolishness. If you're going to wait a few days so you don't look 'desperate' I will see it as you either being busy or wasting my time. The former I can understand, the latter...just no.

TL:biggrin:R - If you can't even send a simple text / play mind games you are already not relationship material and our conversation will be over before it has even begun.
Reply 46
I will happily text first, if I don't get a reply its a F u situation and you weren't all that anyway..... Some may say I have a bad attitude lmao.
Original post by lou 22
I will happily text first, if I don't get a reply its a F u situation and you weren't all that anyway..... Some may say I have a bad attitude lmao.

Wow, first time I've seen u outside the 'how are u feeling right now' thread :lol:
Reply 48
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Wow, first time I've seen u outside the 'how are u feeling right now' thread :lol:

Don't make me laugh, I am about but life has been hectic so tsr was on the back burner :frown:. You'll be seeing more of me hopefully :wink:.
Original post by lou 22
Don't make me laugh, I am about but life has been hectic so tsr was on the back burner :frown:. You'll be seeing more of me hopefully :wink:.

Hope so! Ur thread is epic btw, fanx for creatin it as a place to vent :-)
Girls should be comfortable texting first, it's not a big deal.
Reply 51
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Hope so! Ur thread is epic btw, fanx for creatin it as a place to vent :-)

For sure :smile:. Thank you :smile: (takes bow) :happy2::bigsmile:

I am heading there to vent about lack of air, I swear there is no air coming in :frown:.
Just do whatever you want.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Just do whatever you want.

Go where ever the wind blows haha
Original post by samina_ay
Go where ever the wind blows haha

It doesn't reflect badly on the woman imo, if she gets bored waiting, she should find out
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
It doesn't reflect badly on the woman imo, if she gets bored waiting, she should find out

Getting no reply for days is a message itself really.. (he's just not that into you) :laugh::laugh:
Original post by Retired_Messiah
y tho

it indicates that he is interested in me
Original post by HanaKimi
it indicates that he is interested in me

So... you don't text first and indicate your interest in him in order to let him indicate he is interested in you before you indicate you're interested in him?

................................I still don't get it
Original post by Retired_Messiah
So... you don't text first and indicate your interest in him in order to let him indicate he is interested in you before you indicate you're interested in him?

................................I still don't get it

It's not complicated. I am never that interested in someone early on to begin with, so by him texting me first and indicating his interest it allows me to think and possibly to start viewing him in a different light.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending