The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge 2015 predicted thresholds and past thresholds

Does anybody have any predictions for the thresholds this year. And what were the ones previously for silver and gold?

Scroll to see replies

I think they'll go higher this year - I personally found it easier than last year's. Last year's thresholds were 57 for Bronze, 71 for Silver and 84 for Gold.
Similar thresholds imho!
Similar/higher for sure.

That last page was a bloody joke. I answered more questions on the last page than I did on the middle page lmao..
Have the solutions been released yet? I'm waiting.
I really want to know the solutions, but the other forum's been closed :s-smilie:
Got to wait until tomorrow, I'm afraid:frown:

Original post by Questioner1234
Have the solutions been released yet? I'm waiting.
Question 13, does 'that' refer to the yesterday or the day on which they claim they didn't lie?
Original post by Student403
Similar/higher for sure.

That last page was a bloody joke. I answered more questions on the last page than I did on the middle page lmao..

I didn't even look at the last page because I thought it would be insane.
Original post by Mad_Cat_Lady

Whaaat not even a peek?? I honestly solved 3 questions in under 2 mins each on that last page :/ It was a lot easier compared to middle
Original post by Student403
Whaaat not even a peek?? I honestly solved 3 questions in under 2 mins each on that last page :/ It was a lot easier compared to middle

Yeah I'm surprised I managed to answer question 24 - I normally avoid questions 21-25 haha
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Yeah I'm surprised I managed to answer question 24 - I normally avoid questions 21-25 haha

Yeah same
I thought Q 23 was difficult :frown: But better than the usual last page!
Original post by Mad_Cat_Lady

this exactly

in my head i thought that the questions get harder as they go along, and if i find question 14 hard then obviously the back questions would be almost impossible so i didnt even bother looking. i strongly regret it now...
How do you do that f(xy) question. Think I got it right, but wanna check.
Solution anyone?
Original post by ajaxkiller
this exactly

in my head i thought that the questions get harder as they go along, and if i find question 14 hard then obviously the back questions would be almost impossible so i didnt even bother looking. i strongly regret it now...

As do I.
Reply 16
The wording on the lines question :angry: that one i probably got wrong.
Original post by K78R
The wording on the lines question :angry: that one i probably got wrong.

tbf, apart from 2 what other sensible option is there??
I was pretty annoyed today. I just casually walk into statistics waiting to learn and then we're given the paper...

Eh, I wish I could have revised or something :frown:
Is this paper sat annually?
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
I was pretty annoyed today. I just casually walk into statistics waiting to learn and then we're given the paper...

Eh, I wish I could have revised or something :frown:
Is this paper sat annually?

its not something you can revise really, its just to test your natural math foundations/skills

Quick Reply

Latest