The Student Room Group

McDonalds just paid me, I don't work there. Help?

I used to work for McDonalds about 4 months ago, for around 3 months I was there. I managed to find better employment and after I left i handed in my resignation, uniform etc, but found that even 3 weeks later I was still on the system (registered as an employee still, all PeopleStuff accounts were active and working).

Nothing much happened after that, and obviously I haven't taken any part in it since I left. But today I came home to find £33.47 deposited in my account by McDonalds, and the thing is, I can't even go onto PeopleStuff to see why because they deleted my account.

I managed to get into my payslips, and I found that it wasn't registered as a payslip, so can anyone tell me why they gave me money? I haven't done a single shift or anything there in months.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indominous
I used to work for McDonalds about 4 months ago, for around 3 months I was there. I managed to find better employment and after I left i handed in my resignation, uniform etc, but found that even 3 weeks later I was still on the system (registered as an employee still, all PeopleStuff accounts were active and working).

Nothing much happened after that, and obviously I haven't taken any part in it since I left. But today I came home to find £33.47 deposited in my account by McDonalds, and the thing is, I can't even go onto PeopleStuff to see why because they deleted my account.

I managed to get into my payslips, and I found that it wasn't registered as a payslip, so can anyone tell me why they gave me money? I haven't done a single shift or anything there in months.

it might simply be a mix up, maybe someone started working there with your first name and they could have just clicked you by accident idk but you need to go to them and say and they will get it off you

Tax refund or rectifying an underpayment from while you were there?
Reply 3
Original post by Justmoll28
it might simply be a mix up, maybe someone started working there with your first name and they could have just clicked you by accident idk but you need to go to them and say and they will get it off you

Na lol it's my money now they can't take it out or anything so they just need to learn to be more careful next time.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Tax refund or rectifying an underpayment from while you were there?

I wasn't earning enough to ever be taxed, my paychecks had no deductions. It probably is being paid from a previous underpayment or something, I can't really remember but somewhere down the line I probably didn't earn what I should of.
Na lol it's my money now they can't take it out or anything so they just need to learn to be more careful next time.

no they will reimburse themselves, it happened to an ex-colleague of mine who used to work there when i did, it was something random like 14 pound something but they randomly took it out a week or so later

They will realise tbh and they will take it back. Just fess up and give it back.
Reply 7
no they will reimburse themselves, it happened to an ex-colleague of mine who used to work there when i did, it was something random like 14 pound something but they randomly took it out a week or so later

I'm no longer an employee, they do not have access to my bank details let alone bank ACCOUNT now, they won't be able to do anything about taking it off me.
Reply 8

bro, you need to take all that money and live the high life in dubai. be quick before they cotton onto that blunder
Reply 9
Original post by pbw
bro, you need to take all that money and live the high life in dubai. be quick before they cotton onto that blunder

Tickets booked #magaluf2016
Reply 10
I'm no longer an employee, they do not have access to my bank details let alone bank ACCOUNT now, they won't be able to do anything about taking it off me.

Obviously they do if they just put money in it.... It could just be a delayed transfer - sometimes the bank transfer can be slow and mean the money comes late.
Reply 11
Original post by Andy98
Obviously they do if they just put money in it.... It could just be a delayed transfer - sometimes the bank transfer can be slow and mean the money comes late.

I just deleted my bank details from the site, my money now LOL!

Original post by pbw

why am i finding this so funny :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Reply 13
I just deleted my bank details from the site, my money now LOL!

Thought you said you couldn't log on to the site?
They do have the right to take the money back if it was given to you in error - this will also be tucked away in the terms and conditions of your bank / building society account when you opened it - it should be automatically recalled at their end - they do have your bank details because they got it into your account in the first place - there have been several cases (and I am going back to the 1980's here ) where people were taken to court because money had been mistakenly paid into their account that they were not entitled to and they had to pay it all back - (obviously not talking a few pounds here) so best not to spend it, as if they recall it and it takes you overdrawn you might very well incur charges - just ring them up and find out if it is for holiday or bank holiday time owing or something - and tell them to take it back asap if it is an error.( I worked in a bank for 15 years )
Reply 15
Could be loads of things - reimbursement for holiday pay you were entitled to but didn't take, a deposit back from your uniform, some hours that you were owed but they underpaid you for....

Just take the money and spend it, big companies (especially in the food industry) are stingy enough with wages that they're probably not going to overpay you. Even if it was a mistake, its hardly a large enough amount of money for them to get too worried about.
Reply 16
Original post by Andy98
Thought you said you couldn't log on to the site?

It's barely functional. Only half the page loads and it comes up with a javascript error, I don't have ANY of my details on there anymore asides from my name and before I deleted them, my bank details/payslips. My employee no., phone number etc everything had been deleted.
Reply 17
It's barely functional. Only half the page loads and it comes up with a javascript error, I don't have ANY of my details on there anymore asides from my name and before I deleted them, my bank details/payslips. My employee no., phone number etc everything had been deleted.

Right, OK, that makes more sense

You my friend, have a very very fake profile pic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsandaLFC
You my friend, have a very very fake profile pic

Posted from TSR Mobile

she is legit m'dear.

Latest

Trending

Trending