The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indominous
Na lol it's my money now they can't take it out or anything so they just need to learn to be more careful next time.

Mistaken payments can be claimed back by the party that made the payment, and it will be taken out of your bank account and if you have spent it then it will come out whatever other money you have in there.

If they realise their mistake then the money will be taken back.
Original post by Indominous
I'm no longer an employee, they do not have access to my bank details let alone bank ACCOUNT now, they won't be able to do anything about taking it off me.

mate trust me, they will! so what if thy accidentally put it in your account, just give it back, its hardly a large sum of money but they have power to take money back off you..its a massive company, once they take it out don't say i didnt warn you :smile:))
Chances are they are too dumb to have taken you off the payroll so they paid you for a bank holiday or something. They're not entitled to getting the money back.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
she is legit m'dear.

And how Xcatly do u know that ? Oh! And they was no need for you to omitt "Y".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why on earth are people telling OP to ring them up and tell them to take it back? :rolleyes:

Just leave it where it is, don't spend it. It's hardly hundreds of pounds. They can come and get it if they want it back, why should you be expected to go to any effort for them?
Original post by AsandaLFC
And how Xcatly do u know that ? Oh! And they was no need for you to omitt "Y".

Posted from TSR Mobile

pretty girls exist on this site believe it or not !!!!!

there is no need 2 be a gramma snob too :top:

Original post by mackemforever
Mistaken payments can be claimed back by the party that made the payment, and it will be taken out of your bank account and if you have spent it then it will come out whatever other money you have in there.

If they realise their mistake then the money will be taken back.

Actually, they have no legal right to enter your account and retrieve money they accidentally sent to you. They can easily flag up the issue to your bank and your bank has to ask for your permission to take the money. The only way this would work is if the person who received the money owned up to it and was being honest. If OP wants to keep the money, they'll need to provide evidence that the money sent to them was intentional or they were expecting it. Some companies simply just go "oops" and don't bother contacting anyone, so the person who received the money can keep it without hassle.

If the business/company asks for the money back and the person refuses to give it, they have the legal right to bring the person to court for withholding money that does not technically belong to them, but to the company/business.
It’ll be back pay they’ve realised you were owed
Original post by Mavisbrony
It’ll be back pay they’ve realised you were owed

Considering the fact that this was posted years ago, I'm pretty sure OP resolved their issues by now
Same!! It's been almost 3 months, I don't get paid regularly but I'll randomly get about 70 pounds? Do you know why yet?
Original post by oliwia.s16
Same!! It's been almost 3 months, I don't get paid regularly but I'll randomly get about 70 pounds? Do you know why yet?

It could be payment for holiday entitlement that you didn’t take. Often employers will wait 3 months to be sure casual workers aren’t going to return before closing their records down and paying outstanding amounts.

have they sent you your P45?

Latest

Trending

Trending