The Student Room Group

Too late to change subjects

2months in i wanna do business studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by youreanutter

I'm in a similar situation, I wish I did English literature. I'm just reading more to balance my studying

For business, I guess you could take an interest in marketing etc, and of course watch the apprentice! Is it that you regret the subjects that you have picked, or that you want to take business as well?
i think if your willing to work hard and catch up if should be fine.
they wont have covered much
Original post by Vicky628
I'm in a similar situation, I wish I did English literature. I'm just reading more to balance my studying

For business, I guess you could take an interest in marketing etc, and of course watch the apprentice! Is it that you regret the subjects that you have picked, or that you want to take business as well?

regret doing further maths
Reply 4

same, I should've done biology and dropped computing to do chemistry >_<, really regret giving into my family choosing my options :frown:
Original post by HarunH1
same, I should've done biology and dropped computing to do chemistry >_<, really regret giving into my family choosing my options :frown:

same here omg i was persuaded to do further maths and chemistry because business and politics arent valued and i do maths and economics and wanna do economics at uni hence i acknowleged that they r stringer subjects but its better to get A in business than C/D in chem and further maths
Reply 6
same here omg i was persuaded to do further maths and chemistry because business and politics arent valued and i do maths and economics and wanna do economics at uni hence i acknowleged that they r stringer subjects but its better to get A in business than C/D in chem and further maths

meh.. I'm doing maths, econ, computing and further maths.. not really enjoying any of them tbh (maths and fm are bareable but the other 2 i really hate).. I would've rather done something I enjoy that could've been more laid back and something that I actually liked revising for which was chem ._.
Original post by HarunH1
meh.. I'm doing maths, econ, computing and further maths.. not really enjoying any of them tbh (maths and fm are bareable but the other 2 i really hate).. I would've rather done something I enjoy that could've been more laid back and something that I actually liked revising for which was chem ._.

lol we differ completely tbh i thought id enjoy chem but now wish i done physics my friend got BB in double science and isnt even doing mahs and shes getting Bs and Cs in it wwhereas chem im getting Ds and Es i honestly hate it
and further maths we are doing an A2 module m2 this year and d1 next year but i may drop next year so im screwed
You guys should have done better research and actually took the time when deciding things that would determine the course of your life.

That said, there is a degree of flexibility for you guys.

Agreed.
lol we differ completely tbh i thought id enjoy chem but now wish i done physics my friend got BB in double science and isnt even doing mahs and shes getting Bs and Cs in it wwhereas chem im getting Ds and Es i honestly hate it
and further maths we are doing an A2 module m2 this year and d1 next year but i may drop next year so im screwed

we're doing S2 and D1 in further, and S1 in normal so I'm praying I can scrape an A (apparently s1 and s2 are reasonably similar and s2 is a little short imo so hopefully i can wing it lol)
Original post by HarunH1
we're doing S2 and D1 in further, and S1 in normal so I'm praying I can scrape an A (apparently s1 and s2 are reasonably similar and s2 is a little short imo so hopefully i can wing it lol)

if u are doing s2 now what modules are u doing next year for maths and further maths and u are soooo lucky we are doing m1 and m2....
2 months in and I wana drop 2 subjects
Original post by High Stakes
You guys should have done better research and actually took the time when deciding things that would determine the course of your life.

That said, there is a degree of flexibility for you guys.

OP probably did the most research out of anyone on TSR before picking their AS subjects! They certainly started the most A-level threads last summer - Don't you recognize that username?! :wink:
if u are doing s2 now what modules are u doing next year for maths and further maths and u are soooo lucky we are doing m1 and m2....

Why don't you just drop Chem so you can focus more on FM/Eco?
Original post by thatitootoo
Why don't you just drop Chem so you can focus more on FM/Eco?

scared i will fail fm anyways with or without chem
Reply 16

OMG
you are in the same position as me
i am studying medical science, accounting and maths

i hate science and i want to change to business :frown:
looks like im going to just do a subsiday year in med science and just take business as an AS next year :frown:
You've still got 6+ months to improve before exams start :smile: Very few people manage to do well in mocks at this early stage of the year...Though, you would have more time on your hands to practise by dropping one of your subjects, and practice is key esp in subjects like FM.

If you do fail it, then you could always fast-track an easier subject alongside your A2s next year. If you like Eco and normal Maths then Business/Statistics/Accounting/Use of Maths shouldn't be too demanding :smile:

M1 for A2 maths... and I'm gonna drop FM cause FP3 looks like the definition of being buthurt :redface:
Original post by HarunH1
M1 for A2 maths... and I'm gonna drop FM cause FP3 looks like the definition of being buthurt :redface:

wb normal maths what modules will u do as u wud have done s2 s1 and m1?

Quick Reply

Latest