The Student Room Group

Romesh Ranganathan

For those of you that don't know this guy is the bearded asian comedian who is constantly on your fired on the appreciate. Basically I just don't think hes funny and don't think I'm alone yet hes constantly up for bbc awards and gets a lot of platform. I can't help think he gets his platform because of his ethnic group rather than his talent. Am i alone here ...
Reply 1
I don't find him very funny either, I like when comedians can laugh at their own jokes but he always has that serious act on...
I hate the new presenter.. :frown: #BringBackDara
Not to be racist but he looks like a character from planet of the apes
Plenty of other not so talented people get bbc awards as well so....
I like him.
I know what you mean though as the BBC undoubtedly go out of their way to promote ethnic minority comedians. I think the "hideously white" shadow of Gregg Dyke looms large over them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
I think he's a great comedian but probably because I'm Asian so a lot of the jokes are really funny to me! I find him hilarious :smile:
He kicks the arse of that talentless,shouty gob****e Russell Howard and yet he keeps getting series after series.
I love Romesh's sardonic wit.
I like him. I think he's funny.
I like him.

But tbh, none of our opinions matter anyway, so let's stop giving a ****.
Reply 10
Original post by Resistance☺
Not to be racist but he looks like a character from planet of the apes

'I'm not racist but....'
Original post by Yakovlev
'I'm not racist but....'

was about to say that haha, 'but' automatically makes what you're going to say racist.

I find the programme he's on atm on bbc3 hilarious as i can totally relate to it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending