The Student Room Group

Which Gcse is Harder and more 'Prestigious' ?

GCSE Chemistry or GCSE Computer science ?

Which is more valued A* is Chemistry , or an A* in Computer Science ?

No need to hate, just chilling

#Youaintgotnolife #bruvgotnochill #SWAG

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unis and employers in general don't really look at the subjects. Just the grades as a whole. (Employers mostly look at English and Maths though)
Original post by aamirac
Unis and employers in general don't really look at the subjects. Just the grades as a whole. (Employers mostly look at English and Maths though)

But still , what would you say ? chemistry or computer science ?
Naaa mate, don't chat...
I think dance and food tech is the ones the employers look 4 bruv...
Out of those 2 I'd say computer science because it has computer in it and science in it...
even ma mandem think that
Reply 4
Chemistry. The fact you don't need GCSE Computer Science to do A Level Computer Science tells you how prestigious and respectful it is, compared to chemistry, where some places even ask for an A in GCSE chemistry to do A level
Reply 5
IMO, Chemistry :fluffy:

(But I'm a little biased :giggle:)
Original post by Hello,its-me

Thanks.

Neither is more "prestigious" at GCSE as others have pointed out but Chemistry is potentially more useful as it would allow you to do A Level Chemistry (or at least make it significantly easier) whereas GCSE Computer Science isn't required for anything.(#YOLO?)
Reply 7
But still , what would you say ? chemistry or computer science ?

Depends what for. I'd say Chemistry if you plan to go down that paths. It's the same with CompSci too.
If you are currently doing GCSE then why not getting A* in both.
If you want to do it for A level then Chemistry.
I think Maths and English.
After that Geography, History, a language or computer science.
I think that comp sci would be harder for me (from what I've heard), but chemistry would probably (not 100% sure) be more valued. What you may want to consider is what you want to study at Uni and how it relates to your choice.
More jobs in IT M8, what you going to be with chemistry?
Don't chat camels
#Chemfordamandem
#YOLOisfake
#immagoforchemistrymyself #whatarethoose? #ilikethenamebob #helloareyouthere? #whatsyourchoice? #chemistrydebest!
#Dayseemerollingonmascooter
I would say computer science
#immagoforchemistrymyself #whatarethoose? #ilikethenamebob #helloareyouthere? #whatsyourchoice? #chemistrydebest!

Those are your wedding shoes
Thanks.

England's GCSEs are the easiest set of exams in the entire world. Those exams are sat not only by students from England but also students across the 53 commonwealth countries and many new countries such as China and some in the Middle East. In the eyes of all these people outside of United Kingdom, England's GCSE and A level exams are the passport to the good life in England in terms of getting jobs or getting citizenship. I wish I was from England!
Original post by ~Seraphina~
England's GCSEs are the easiest set of exams in the entire world. Those exams are sat not only by students from England but also students across the 53 commonwealth countries and many new countries such as China and some in the Middle East. In the eyes of all these people outside of United Kingdom, England's GCSE and A level exams are the passport to the good life in England in terms of getting jobs or getting citizenship. I wish I was from England!

#chillyourt*ts
#youranswerdoesnotrelatetomyquestion
#GTFO
Original post by ~Seraphina~

I would say its easier to get a job with GCSE and other education systems but I would not say GCSE are easy...
46% pass rate for Math and English - Class of 2015
True Question:
What will you be with Chemistry its only helpful if you want to go in to chemical engineering or medicine...
With Computer Science you can you into a lot of stuff like Software enginearing
Kithe medicine aur kithe software engineering

#hudmukgihai
Kithe medicine aur kithe software engineering

#hudmukgihai

Tera damah harab hai kia?
look at this link, if your parients allow you to search on the internet...
http://www.computersciencezone.org/50-highest-paying-jobs-computer-science/

Quick Reply

Latest