The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Quick question.
I completed my application and sent off my reference requests on the day that applications opened. I am still waiting for my second reference to be completed.
I have sent two emails and seen the headteacher in person since I have sent the request and she is obviously ignoring me. Would it be okay to ask my class teacher to complete my reference instead?
Original post by TunaTunnel
If anyone wants help/advice with maths QTS I've already done it so I'm willing to help :smile:

Hi :smile: quick qs about the math qts. When doing the mental arithmetic test, you hear the question twice then you get 18 seconds. Can you do the working out after you heard the question once or do you have to wait until the question is repeated twice?
Hi guys

Do they want recent school experience because mine were few years ago?
Original post by Monty21
Hi :smile: quick qs about the math qts. When doing the mental arithmetic test, you hear the question twice then you get 18 seconds. Can you do the working out after you heard the question once or do you have to wait until the question is repeated twice?

You can start working out soon as you hear something.
Original post by PoweredUpBlossom
Hi guys

Do they want recent school experience because mine were few years ago?

Has to be within last 3 years
Original post by TunaTunnel
You can start working out soon as you hear something.

Phew that's great!! I can relax now haha thank you :smile: the practice test seem hard! Worrying sign
Original post by Monty21
Phew that's great!! I can relax now haha thank you :smile: the practice test seem hard! Worrying sign

After nagging my head teacher for days he FINALLY submitted the reference, (the key is to tell them how important this is...).
[QUOTE="Niyo123;60423535"]
Original post by Lambert87
Thanks alot :smile: They were much much easier than the practice tests... I had 100% on the maths one and was scoring about 70-75% on the practice

How was the literacy?

Congrats Niyo! Which practice tests had you been using? i mean apart from those on the official website.
[QUOTE="martyncooper;60424049"]
Original post by Niyo123

Congrats Niyo! Which practice tests had you been using? i mean apart from those on the official website.

Oh!! I haven't done my skills test yet. Lambert did and passed.
My message was misleading..I guess..Sorry!

Lambert, Can you please answer martyncooper? That is for you.
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE="Niyo123;60424439"]
Original post by martyncooper

Oh!! I haven't done my skills test yet. Lambert did and passed.
My message was misleading..I guess..Sorry!

Lambert, Can you please answer martyncooper? That is for you.

Oh! haha well I'm sure you'll pass too Niyo!

Congrats Lambert!

Any links to practice tests would be appreciated...I've done the four official ones two or three times now and have been doing some on Youtube but am running out...and I'm having paypal problems so can't register for the paid ones that are floating around.
[QUOTE="martyncooper;60424669"]
Original post by Niyo123

Congrats Lambert!

Any links to practice tests would be appreciated...I've done the four official ones two or three times now and have been doing some on Youtube but am running out...and I'm having paypal problems so can't register for the paid ones that are floating around.

If you're referring to Numeracy Ready, I had issues with PayPal too. I managed it in the end by doing it by logging into my PayPal account rather than trying to do it as a guest.
[QUOTE="martyncooper;60424669"]
Original post by Niyo123

Congrats Lambert!

Thanks mate...

You really don't need any paid ones as the examples they use in the practice ones give you the grounding to work out all the questions...

Good luck mate and if you need anything let me know
Well I have joined the waiting gang, application finally completed and references have been sent off. Though I don't expect responses from them until monday.

Its out of my hands now time to put my feet up, relax and enjoy my cuppa. You can imagine I am not going to be this calm during the weekend.
Original post by Monty21

Also bare in mind unless they changed it you do get a laminated card and whiteboard marker to do you working out. It helped me out no end thanks to my short term memory loss.
Original post by gentlegiant
Also bare in mind unless they changed it you do get a laminated card and whiteboard marker to do you working out. It helped me out no end thanks to my short term memory loss.

Ah thanks pal :smile: how did you find it?
Original post by Monty21
Ah thanks pal :smile: how did you find it?

I went in nervous as hell and just after the mock questions that disappeared. The test it pretty easy.

And just to say, I'm useless at exams.
Original post by gentlegiant
I went in nervous as hell and just after the mock questions that disappeared. The test it pretty easy.

And just to say, I'm useless at exams.

You're giving me faith Haha
My first choice too. Hope can hear from them soon.
[QUOTE=lexy.joy;60412849]I had an email just saying they had received my application & they would be sending a UCL portal login code... which I have not received yet!!!

Received that portal email days ago but still nothing about the interview.
Got invited by Nottingham though.
UCL is my first choice so I do want to have a go with them. :frown:
Unfortunately I'm STILL waiting for my both references. I'm not worried about one of them as I'm in contact with the woman, she's just a bit too busy right now. But I have a problem with the other reference as the man who was going to write it doesn't reply to my emails anymore. Niiiiice :angry: And he is even my principal reference. So I'm going to swap those two and so the lady will be my principal reference and I'm giving the man until Tuesday max and then I will have to ask somebody else for reference .
I really thought my application would have been sent out by now. Oh well...

Quick Reply

Latest