The Student Room Group

Which uni??

I've finished my UCAS application for law but the only thing im unsure about is changing my insurance uni. At the moment my choices are (in order of preference)
Queen Mary University of London (A*AA)
Bristol University (AAA with LNAT)
University of Manchester (AAA)
University of Southampton (AAA)
and University of East Anglia (AAB)
I'm predicted A*AA but I feel like I won't be gutted at all if i get AAA. I wanted to have all my options as AAA+ because I'm not fussed on any of the unis that offer AAB, not even East Anglia, so i dont know if i should change it or not, I only want it as an insurance though.
I'm also unsure about Southampton, im feeling possibly changing that choice to Newcastle or Sheffield (but I've heard Sheffield are already giving out offers so again, idk)
Does anyone know any good universities with a law course (possibly sandwiched with politics maybe) that offer AAB?
Original post by mnancy
I've finished my UCAS application for law but the only thing im unsure about is changing my insurance uni. At the moment my choices are (in order of preference)
Queen Mary University of London (A*AA)
Bristol University (AAA with LNAT)
University of Manchester (AAA)
University of Southampton (AAA)
and University of East Anglia (AAB)
I'm predicted A*AA but I feel like I won't be gutted at all if i get AAA. I wanted to have all my options as AAA+ because I'm not fussed on any of the unis that offer AAB, not even East Anglia, so i dont know if i should change it or not, I only want it as an insurance though.
I'm also unsure about Southampton, im feeling possibly changing that choice to Newcastle or Sheffield (but I've heard Sheffield are already giving out offers so again, idk)
Does anyone know any good universities with a law course (possibly sandwiched with politics maybe) that offer AAB?

How about Royal Holloway? Kent? Leicester?
Reply 2
Original post by zero_gravity
How about Royal Holloway? Kent? Leicester?

I thought about Kent but apparently AAB is only contextual I heard?
Leicester hasn't appealed much to me because of the location and I wasn't too sure about Royal Holloway as a uni in itself :frown:
Original post by mnancy
I thought about Kent but apparently AAB is only contextual I heard?
Leicester hasn't appealed much to me because of the location and I wasn't too sure about Royal Holloway as a uni in itself :frown:

Kent might be looking for students with AAA, but I do think they would accept you with AAB, provided that you have a strong personal statement.

As for Royal Holloway, you might not be sure, but I think it's a rather good uni. Even though the course has only started this year, I think it would eventually be looked upon favourably in the upcoming years once it comes out of its probationary period.
Reply 4
Original post by zero_gravity
Kent might be looking for students with AAA, but I do think they would accept you with AAB, provided that you have a strong personal statement.

As for Royal Holloway, you might not be sure, but I think it's a rather good uni. Even though the course has only started this year, I think it would eventually be looked upon favourably in the upcoming years once it comes out of its probationary period.

if my current grades are AAA and predicted A*AA wouldn't they automatically give me a higher offer?
Original post by mnancy
if my current grades are AAA and predicted A*AA wouldn't they automatically give me a higher offer?

I'm not too sure about this, but I don't think they would automatically give you a higher offer just because you are predicted A*AA. If their typical offer is AAA, I would presume that they would keep it as it is.
I don't know about the others, but I'd definitely choose Manchester. It's a brilliant uni from what I've seen and heard and are incredibly respected research- wise
Reply 7
Original post by pizzad0gs
I don't know about the others, but I'd definitely choose Manchester. It's a brilliant uni from what I've seen and heard and are incredibly respected research- wise

yeah it is from what I've seen too! My application was submitted today and I applied for Manchester for two choices, one as law and the other for law and politics, hopefully I get in atleast one of those courses!
Original post by mnancy
yeah it is from what I've seen too! My application was submitted today and I applied for Manchester for two choices, one as law and the other for law and politics, hopefully I get in atleast one of those courses!

Just to ask, what is is about Manchester that made you decide to go there? Trying to finalise my uni choices, and could do with any personal opinions. Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by E.pickering
Just to ask, what is is about Manchester that made you decide to go there? Trying to finalise my uni choices, and could do with any personal opinions. Thanks

Manchester is a really respected uni, it's apart of the Russell Group so it gets a lot of funding so that indicates good lecturers and facilities. Plus the city is amazing! It's like a cheaper London and the night life is fab, also good for music.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending