The Student Room Group

Fainting while pooping

This is quite a regular occurrence... I hadn't had any bowel movement for 5 days, and then today I woke up with pain in my stomach and feeling very light headed, so I went to the toilet and was in so much pain I could have just curled up on the floor and screamed but I needed to pass stools in order to get rid of the pain. I began to feel increasingly faint and very nearly fainted but managed to stop myself... I was also sweating excessively... The same thing has happened at least 10 times now, and the majority of the time I do end up fainting but somehow today I was able to control it, just about... It's only after I fully 'relieve' myself that I start to feel okay again. Is this anything to worry about?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
This is quite a regular occurrence... I hadn't had any bowel movement for 5 days, and then today I woke up with pain in my stomach and feeling very light headed, so I went to the toilet and was in so much pain I could have just curled up on the floor and screamed but I needed to pass stools in order to get rid of the pain. I began to feel increasingly faint and very nearly fainted but managed to stop myself... I was also sweating excessively... The same thing has happened at least 10 times now, and the majority of the time I do end up fainting but somehow today I was able to control it, just about... It's only after I fully 'relieve' myself that I start to feel okay again. Is this anything to worry about?

So you go 5 days without taking a poop before these occurrences?!?
Doctor.
Reply 3
Original post by Alexion
So you go 5 days without taking a poop before these occurrences?!?

I forgot to add, it usually happens after I have been constipated or have eaten the wrong foods. I don't intentionally not pass stools. But I am very rarely constipated, and my diet has been good on this occasion, despite being constipated
Original post by Anonymous

This actually happened to the main character, JD, in the medical comedy Scrubs. This thing you have, its an actual condition, but I forgot what the name is.

GO TO THE DOCTORS. They can help you
Reply 5
Take a tub of Vaseline to the toilet.
That's how Elvis died... go to doctor.
You should go to the doctor to help the **** coming out of the wrong hole.
I swear it's something to do with the vasovagal nerve or something no doctor though so could just be chatting **** :tongue:
Feel guilty for laughing at your condition :P
Reply 10
Reminds me of a scrubs episode; JD had the exact same thing.

Go see a doctor.
I'm amazed that somebody can not **** for 5 days, and NOT have seen a doctor. Let alone have that happen multiple times.

I would've seen a doctor around day 3 of the first time!
laxatives
Vasovagal syncope.
Original post by Joinedup
That's how Elvis died... go to doctor.

no, elvis died by pooping out half of his liver.
Original post by A Limp Handshake
no, elvis died by pooping out half of his liver.

I thought it was a heart attack caused by straining?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Reue
Reminds me of a scrubs episode; JD had the exact same thing.

Go see a doctor.

Honestly, I imagened the OP got stuck in the toilet bowl after fainting for quite some time in the toilet whilst pooping.

Go to the docs OP!

Quick Reply

Latest