The Student Room Group

WHAT is a controlled assessment!!!

So i have a controlled assessment coming up next month in spanish and science and i have no clue what it is!!
Do any of you have any tips on how to do well or if youve done it in spanish, what do they usually ask you.
For a Year 10 Student
Thanks in Advance
Short answer: your worst nightmare.
Long answer: first of all, in Spanish? That's odd. We only did coursework for my GCSE. But to put it simply, they're just tests to be honest. You shouldn't worry about it. Just revise and you'll be fine.
For Spanish, you'll be set a topic and you'll have to write it (it's about 100 words I think) in controlled conditions with 30 words to help you (that's at least what happened when I did language controlled assessments)

For Science, you have to conduct experiments under teacher supervision.
Reply 3
Original post by iEthan
Short answer: your worst nightmare.
Long answer: first of all, in Spanish? That's odd. We only did coursework for my GCSE. But to put it simply, they're just tests to be honest. You shouldn't worry about it. Just revise and you'll be fine.

Really?
My friends have told me that they are an easy way of getting a good GCSE?
They have included a controlled assessment this year in spanish:frown:
Original post by yr10student
Really?
My friends have told me that they are an easy way of getting a good GCSE?
They have included a controlled assessment this year in spanish:frown:

I was only kidding! Nah they're very straightforward, you'll be absolutely fine - just prepare well. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by yr10student
So i have a controlled assessment coming up next month in spanish and science and i have no clue what it is!!
Do any of you have any tips on how to do well or if youve done it in spanish, what do they usually ask you.
For a Year 10 Student
Thanks in Advance

Coursework was officially replaced by controlled assessment in GCSEs from 2008 but a lot of people still call it coursework.

For Spanish, it could be writing or speaking controlled assessment - ask your teacher for details of the topic and which one it is. You have to prepare and then regurgitate an essay/speech showing use of several different tenses on a set topic.

For Science you will be given all the details as well -just listen carefully to all the advice and do your best.

Quick Reply

Latest