The Student Room Group

Got CDE need ABB

So as title suggests, I got CDE in my A-Levels and need ABB to get onto the course I'd like to do at the uni I have my eyes on. Long story short I applied last year but personal reasons got in the way and I lost my focus on the second half of exams. I managed to increase my AS grades for BCD to BBB, but achieved poor A2 results. My question is that do I still have a chance of getting offers for ABB again as I did technically improve my AS grades?

Edit: And yes, I'll be doing some A2 retakes in the summer
Original post by Mattestro
So as title suggests, I got CDE in my A-Levels and need ABB to get onto the course I'd like to do at the uni I have my eyes on. Long story short I applied last year but personal reasons got in the way and I lost my focus on the second half of exams. I managed to increase my AS grades for BCD to BBB, but achieved poor A2 results. My question is that do I still have a chance of getting offers for ABB again as I did technically improve my AS grades?

Edit: And yes, I'll be doing some A2 retakes in the summer

Similar situation. Got All Bs for AS. Due to reasons, I got CCD in A2. I am gonna be doing my exams at a centre and they told me they'd predict me what I needed (ABB) as my AS showed proof I am capable. Colleges, you aren't so free, which is why I didn't retake A2 there, I didn't want my future decided because of reputation lol. Giving me a low prediction so that I can become a statistic.

Take from that what you will.
(edited 8 years ago)
I doubt you'll get many offers but I'd focus on retaking a lot of your modules, smashing em and then calling up unis on results day! my girlfriend got offers from bristol/warwick/soton on results day through clearing
Reply 3
Original post by RiskVsReward
Similar situation. Got All Bs for AS. Due to reasons, I got CCD in A2. I am gonna be doing my exams at a centre and they told me they'd predict me what I needed (ABB) as my AS showed proof I am capable. Colleges, you aren't so free, which is why I didn't retake A2 there, I didn't want my future decided because of reputation lol.

Take from that what you will.

My reference at college will probably and hopefully predict me what I need, failing that I'll let him know of the situation! Have you applied via UCAS yet?
Reply 4
Original post by Humza Ali
I doubt you'll get many offers but I'd focus on retaking a lot of your modules, smashing em and then calling up unis on results day! my girlfriend got offers from bristol/warwick/soton on results day through clearing

I'm retaking most A2's and will be receiving tutoring at home! Surely if I really hammer my point home in my application I could still get offers?
My reference at college will probably and hopefully predict me what I need, failing that I'll let him know of the situation! Have you applied via UCAS yet?

Not yet. Maybe in a week. But remember mines were CCD with BBBB in AS. In some A2 units I got A while others U, making it clear that I have the potential to succeed.

Your ones seem like quite a huge jump. But if you did achieve AS Bs then, I'd first email the uni, tell them your retaking A2 and ask if it's ok. When I asked they said it's fine as long as I am predicted but yours may/may not be as realistic as my chances of improving.

How realistic it is, I have no idea. But can you at least try, I am very sure.
I'd suggest trying to sort this ASAP and after focus on your exams!
Good luck.
I'm retaking most A2's and will be receiving tutoring at home! Surely if I really hammer my point home in my application I could still get offers?

i reckon you could mate but i think you should really focus on getting the grades than getting the offer! where/what do you wanna study?
Reply 7
Original post by RiskVsReward
Not yet. Maybe in a week. But remember mines were CCD with BBBB in AS. In some A2 units I got A while others U, making it clear that I have the potential to succeed.

Your ones seem like quite a huge jump. But if you did achieve AS Bs then, I'd first email the uni, tell them your retaking A2 and ask if it's ok. When I asked they said it's fine as long as I am predicted but yours may/may not be as realistic as my chances of improving.

How realistic it is, I have no idea. But can you at least try, I am very sure.
I'd suggest trying to sort this ASAP and after focus on your exams!
Good luck.

Do you mean email the uni then see if they think it's realistic/acceptable? I'm just hoping they understand that situations change and so do people!

Cheers and good luck to you too!
Reply 8
i reckon you could mate but i think you should really focus on getting the grades than getting the offer! where/what do you wanna study?

Quite true! But it would be good to get an offer to have something to aim for/get motivated for! And hopefully Maths at Sussex! :smile:
Do you mean email the uni then see if they think it's realistic/acceptable? I'm just hoping they understand that situations change and so do people!

Cheers and good luck to you too!

Go ahead. I didn't even tell them about the situation, but they literally just said retakes are accepted, as long as your predicted ABB or whatever. But your biggest concern should be teachers predicting you. Once you get past that hurdle it should be ok. But just make sure you call/email the unis to make sure they fully understand as some might not even accept resists.

Asking is just better than guessing which will and won't accept you.

Thanks, I wish you the best, keep us updated!
Quite true! But it would be good to get an offer to have something to aim for/get motivated for! And hopefully Maths at Sussex! :smile:

I applied to Chemistry at Sussex! I hope everything works out for you mate, might see you in Brighton next September :smile:
Reply 11
I applied to Chemistry at Sussex! I hope everything works out for you mate, might see you in Brighton next September :smile:

Nice!! Cheers man, best of luck to you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending