The Student Room Group

Zoology 2016 Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TomC_97
Yeah, I was impressed by the open day there too. But my first choice is Leeds, the modules there really appeal to me more, evolution and whole organism zoology instead of a lot of genetics. Good luck with your application!

If I didn't get accepted by Manchester, Leeds would be my next choice. Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know if universities order applications alphabetically by course?

This would mean it would take a little while longer to get offers for zoology because obviously it would be at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Charlypi

This would mean it would take a little while longer to get offers for zoology because obviously it would be at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I'm aware they go through them as they come through the system, so I don't think so. I've never thought about it like that. I know Manchester are normally quick to make a decision and Exeter takes a bit longer, not sure why though.
Reply 23
Original post by igrant98
Yeah I know what you mean! I loved it there when I visited and it's such a good course but the only thing putting me off is the distance!

Yeah exactly, where abouts in the country are you?
Reply 24
Original post by TomC_97
Yeah exactly, where abouts in the country are you?

Near London! So Cornwall is like 5 or 6 hours away!
Reply 25
Original post by igrant98
Near London! So Cornwall is like 5 or 6 hours away!

Ahh ok, I know a few people doing Zoology at Penryn from Kent and around London. I'm in Cardiff so it still takes a while to get there. Leeds is far too, but I have family in Sheffield.
Original post by TomC_97
As far as I'm aware they go through them as they come through the system, so I don't think so. I've never thought about it like that. I know Manchester are normally quick to make a decision and Exeter takes a bit longer, not sure why though.

Ah I see. It's just that I sent my application on the same day as a friend applying for Biochemistry and she has offers from Leeds and Nottingham Trent but I've heard nothing:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Ah I see. It's just that I sent my application on the same day as a friend applying for Biochemistry and she has offers from Leeds and Nottingham Trent but I've heard nothing:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, that's weird :/ Does Leeds ask for an interview for biosciences, do you know? Or do they go straight for the offer?
Original post by TomC_97
Oh, that's weird :/ Does Leeds ask for an interview for biosciences, do you know? Or do they go straight for the offer?

My friend doing biochemistry got an offer straight away but I know somebody else doing biology who has to go for an interview so it just depends I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
My friend doing biochemistry got an offer straight away but I know somebody else doing biology who has to go for an interview so it just depends I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, I'd prefer not to have one for each uni. Travelling long distance just for a chat, we will see.
Original post by TomC_97
Right, I'd prefer not to have one for each uni. Travelling long distance just for a chat, we will see.

I know what you mean. I'd only travel the distance to go to Leeds because it's not far from me and Manchester because that's my firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I know what you mean. I'd only travel the distance to go to Leeds because it's not far from me and Manchester because that's my firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whereabouts do you live? It would be about 4 hours in the car for me to go to Leeds
Original post by TomC_97
Whereabouts do you live? It would be about 4 hours in the car for me to go to Leeds

Oh gosh, that's ages! I live in the North East near Middlesbrough so Leeds is about an hour away and Manchester is two hours. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Oh gosh, that's ages! I live in the North East near Middlesbrough so Leeds is about an hour away and Manchester is two hours. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Christ, that's easier. I live in Cardiff but have family in Sheffield so we could visit them at same time and if I go up north for uni then I'm not far from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Having worked in admissions at Leeds while doing my Masters each department does their own admissions. So don't judge it on other courses.
Original post by TomC_97
Christ, that's easier. I live in Cardiff but have family in Sheffield so we could visit them at same time and if I go up north for uni then I'm not far from them.

Oh wow you are a bit out of the way! No matter the distance though you should definitely go to the university you thinks best for you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redferry
Having worked in admissions at Leeds while doing my Masters each department does their own admissions. So don't judge it on other courses.

Thanks!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37

My application finally got sent to UCAS today, now the waiting starts. Let me know when any of you get offers!
Original post by TomC_97
My application finally got sent to UCAS today, now the waiting starts. Let me know when any of you get offers!

Congratulations on sending off your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! I sent off my application on Tuesday and I've got conditional offers from Royal Holloway and Aberystwyth for the C300 courses 😊 have any of you heard back from Exeter yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending