The Student Room Group

Can my laptop run Fallout 4?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/asus-x555la-15-6-laptop-black-10135223-pdt.html?gclid=CI701I7S9sgCFQ2NGwodzRgHBQ&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!75234029299!!!g!127705512980!&ef_id=VgpQegAABc@xsxyx:20151104111547:s

Processor: - Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor
- Dual-core
- 2.2 GHz / 2.7 GHz with Turbo Boost

Memory: 8GB RAM

Graphics card: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4400

I can run skyrim on medium/high I think, so can I run fallout 4 on a medium? would it still be worth playing on low? I don't have a console and don't fancy buying one just for it tbh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by InadequateJusticex
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/asus-x555la-15-6-laptop-black-10135223-pdt.html?gclid=CI701I7S9sgCFQ2NGwodzRgHBQ&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!75234029299!!!g!127705512980!&ef_id=VgpQegAABc@xsxyx:20151104111547:s

Processor: - Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor
- Dual-core
- 2.2 GHz / 2.7 GHz with Turbo Boost

Memory: 8GB RAM

Graphics card: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4400

I can run skyrim on medium/high I think, so can I run fallout 4 on a medium? would it still be worth playing on low? I don't have a console and don't fancy buying one just for it tbh.

Assuming you'd get it through Steam, you could always get it and try it - if it doesn't then just get it refunded. 2 hours, remember :tongue:
Original post by Alexion
Assuming you'd get it through Steam, you could always get it and try it - if it doesn't then just get it refunded. 2 hours, remember :tongue:

I'm fairly new to steam so I don't know what the conditions are for a refund haha, does that mean I can get a refund within 2 hours of buying it then?
With that graphics card, I highly doubt it. Are you sure you can run Skyrim on medium/high? Even that seems a bit unlikely, unless your FPS is in single figures or something.
lucky to get 5fps
Reply 5
I'm fairly new to steam so I don't know what the conditions are for a refund haha, does that mean I can get a refund within 2 hours of buying it then?

I believe it's within two weeks of purchase, and you have played it for less than 2 hours.
No, loading up the game would probably set that Intel GPU on fire :/ The minimum specs are quite high for a Bethesda game this year, no integrated GPU will run it.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
With that graphics card, I highly doubt it. Are you sure you can run Skyrim on medium/high? Even that seems a bit unlikely, unless your FPS is in single figures or something.

Yeah, the only thing that stopped me from playing it is my lack of usb mouse. Definitely playable on medium, maybe pushing it a little with high though.
Reply 8
Original post by somemightsay888
No, loading up the game would probably set that Intel GPU on fire :/ The minimum specs are quite high for a Bethesda game this year, no integrated GPU will run it.

Go back to PCMR noob
Original post by Arkasia
Go back to PCMR noob

Am getting Fallout on PS4 tho :frown:

Mans mad because his mentally disabled laptop can barely run Garry's Mod :frown:
Original post by somemightsay888
Am getting Fallout on PS4 tho :frown:

Mans mad because his mentally disabled laptop can barely run Garry's Mod :frown:

MFW playing terraria on 1fps :frown:
Given that my old laptop had specs similar to that, and that only ran New Vegas at about 20fps, lmao no
I want to cry
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Given that my old laptop had specs similar to that, and that only ran New Vegas at about 20fps, lmao no

What specs did your laptop have?
Reply 14
I have gtx 970 and core i7 4790k can i play fall out 4 on medium settings?
Original post by saeed97
I have gtx 970 and core i7 4790k can i play fall out 4 on medium settings?

No, you need four Titan Xs in quad-SLI to even have a hope of running it on medium.
Reply 16
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
No, you need four Titan Xs in quad-SLI to even have a hope of running it on medium.

Damn i guess i'll go back to playing 8 bit pacman but i doubt my pc can handle it.
What specs did your laptop have?

Processor was a 2.1Ghz Dual core of some sort, 6 GB of RAM, Graphics card was same as yours. You've got .6Ghz more than I had and 2GB more RAM, it ain't enough unless you don't mind playing it on like 10fps or something ridiculous
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Processor was a 2.1Ghz Dual core of some sort, 6 GB of RAM, Graphics card was same as yours. You've got .6Ghz more than I had and 2GB more RAM, it ain't enough unless you don't mind playing it on like 10fps or something ridiculous

Well graphics card is your biggest problem there, not CPU and RAM. Or rather, the fact that your computer doesn't actually have a graphics card (HD 4400 isn't a card, it's just part of the CPU) is the problem.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Well graphics card is your biggest problem there, not CPU and RAM. Or rather, the fact that your computer doesn't actually have a graphics card (HD 4400 isn't a card, it's just part of the CPU) is the problem.

Mhm yeah

Quick Reply

Latest