The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge 2015 predicted thresholds and past thresholds

Scroll to see replies

Answers are live here: http://www.ukmt-resources.org.uk/SMC15.html

Got 5 of the 20 questions I answered wrong. A little annoyed, but I don't think 80's too bad; just hoping thresholds will go down so I get a gold!

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 missed
2 wrong

For f sake -.- ugh
Original post by Student403
5 missed
2 wrong

For f sake -.- ugh

At least you only got 2 wrong - I missed out 5 and got 5 wrong so I lost more marks 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
At least you only got 2 wrong - I missed out 5 and got 5 wrong so I lost more marks 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlucky. I'm just annoyed because several of the ones I missed out were easily solvable (by my standards) and on both of the ones I got wrong, I had the right method but made a small mistake
Reply 44
My teacher calculated I got 103. Is that enough to qualify
Unlucky. I'm just annoyed because several of the ones I missed out were easily solvable (by my standards) and on both of the ones I got wrong, I had the right method but made a small mistake

Yeah, I got Q24 wrong because I can't add up and the cylinders question wrong for not counting the water displacement 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11234
My teacher calculated I got 103. Is that enough to qualify

It should be - well done you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I got Q24 wrong because I can't add up and the cylinders question wrong for not counting the water displacement 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear :/ still well done on getting in to the 80s :smile:
Reply 48
It should be - well done you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, I did 22 and got 2 wrong because I ticked one of the wrong options when I worked it out s the correct answer... Do you reckon it was harder than last years
Sorry to hear :/ still well done on getting in to the 80s :smile:

Thank you! Well done to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11234
thanks, I did 22 and got 2 wrong because I ticked one of the wrong options when I worked it out s the correct answer... Do you reckon it was harder than last years

That's annoying :/ I thought it was easier when I sat it, but now I know the answers I think it was harder haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
The grade boundaries are going to be really high because someone posted the answers on TSR at about 11 yesterday, I saw them and ignored them thinking it was a troll, then this morning I realise this person somehow knew all 25 answers.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
The grade boundaries are going to be really high because someone posted the answers on TSR at about 11 yesterday, I saw them and ignored them thinking it was a troll, then this morning I realise this person somehow knew all 25 answers.

Wow.. that arsewipe
Wow.. that arsewipe

I'm even more mad because I saw them, they were up for about 2 and a half hours then taken down. I didn't commit them to memory at all as I thought it was a troll :/

How did you do? I was originally going for Olympiad but I literally got all 4 of my 50/50's wrong, so I've ended up with 15 right 5 wrong and only 80 :lol: what a horrible day for me xD
I'm even more mad because I saw them, they were up for about 2 and a half hours then taken down. I didn't commit them to memory at all as I thought it was a troll :/

How did you do? I was originally going for Olympiad but I literally got all 4 of my 50/50's wrong, so I've ended up with 15 right 5 wrong and only 80 :lol: what a horrible day for me xD

Tbh though I'm (no offence) glad that you didn't memorise them. It'd have made it unfair for all of us.

Awww :frown: Yeah same man I got 95 fml.. I got Olympiad last year but messed it up really badly this year. Pretty shocked at myself
Original post by K78R
The wording on the lines question :angry: that one i probably got wrong.

That's why I got it wrong too. Messed up my whole thinking for that question, so ended up making a mistake.
Answered 21 questions, got 3 wrong, definitely not in BMO1. Will never get to sit an olympiad :frown:.
The REALLY annoying thing is that I only got 'easy' questions wrong. All the later questions that I attempted I did fine.

I did exactly the same haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundaries are probably sky-high thanks to people getting the answers from forums :angry:.
Original post by PrimeLime
Answered 21 questions, got 3 wrong, definitely not in BMO1. Will never get to sit an olympiad :frown:.
The REALLY annoying thing is that I only got 'easy' questions wrong. All the later questions that I attempted I did fine.

Awhhh
Well at least youll ge tto do the kangaroo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest