The Student Room Group

Radiography assignment help please

Hi there,

I am a diagnostic radiography student and am struggling with an assignment that I have been recently given. I was wondering if there is anyone who is knowledgeable in understanding assignment briefs/question's that wouldn't mind helping me in terms of understanding what is being asked of me to do? I would really value any help as I have ADHD and am really struggling to understand what is being asked and if my ideas are rubbish. Thank you to anyone who can spare the time. Take care, Mandy
Reply 1
What is the question?
Reply 2
Original post by FXX
What is the question?
Sorry, I have only just seen you reply! Thank you for replying to me. I am doing a case study on urinary stones and after the introduction I would like to write a bit about the anatomy of the urinary system and use a couple of diagrams. Do you have any suggestions of what I should include in this part please?
Reply 3
Original post by ttmandy
Sorry, I have only just seen you reply! Thank you for replying to me. I am doing a case study on urinary stones and after the introduction I would like to write a bit about the anatomy of the urinary system and use a couple of diagrams. Do you have any suggestions of what I should include in this part please?

Well you can have painless kidney stones that tend to sit in the kidney itself, and obstructives ones once they pass into the ureter . A very common place for stones to get stuck is in the VUJ, as it narrows where the valve sits and often forms a hook shape. If you can find something that can demonstrate this, I think that would be a good way to start.
Reply 4
Original post by FXX
Well you can have painless kidney stones that tend to sit in the kidney itself, and obstructives ones once they pass into the ureter . A very common place for stones to get stuck is in the VUJ, as it narrows where the valve sits and often forms a hook shape. If you can find something that can demonstrate this, I think that would be a good way to start.

Thank you for your help, I like the idea of doing it on stones stuck in that junction. I think that I would need to explain that the stone was formed in the kidney and then traveled to that point. Do you have any suggestions on how I could do this maybe with a diagram? Thank you again

Quick Reply

Latest