The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Finally Warwick has sent the acknoledgement email!!!
Original post by macarenafc92
Finally Warwick has sent the acknoledgement email!!!

I havent had one, am I right in thinking you are an international applicant?
Original post by HanaGEM
I havent had one, am I right in thinking you are an international applicant?

EU applicant.
Haven't heard from Warwick either (EU applicant here too!).
I think all interview invitations and rejections for Cambridge will be sent out tomorrow.
Original post by YeloSweetPotato
I think all interview invitations and rejections for Cambridge will be sent out tomorrow.

I cannot wait to get the Cambridge email.... I have personal issues with them and I want to see the result.

I didn't apply to Cambridge so won't be receiving anything even if they do, but how exciting to think things could start happening for GEM applicants tomorrow! :biggrin:

Not sure about this; just had an email response from Wolfson;

'Thank you for your e-mail. CGCM decision e-mails will be send by the middle of next week.'

May well have to wait a little longer than first anticipated.
Original post by durhamboy
Not sure about this; just had an email response from Wolfson;

'Thank you for your e-mail. CGCM decision e-mails will be send by the middle of next week.'

May well have to wait a little longer than first anticipated.

Aw, I see. I thought it was tomorrow as last year decisions were sent out two days after the BMAT, on the Friday of that week. Oh well I'll have another paradoxically both relaxed and anxious weekend then! :wink:
Hi, how the hell do I see what I put as my personal ID on the pearson vue website for the UKCAT???? I have a feeling I've put the wrong number some how. I mean, I have my PID written on my phone and another email from track is saying it's different??? I am so screwed if I put the wrong number.
Original post by DoeADeer
Hi, how the hell do I see what I put as my personal ID on the pearson vue website for the UKCAT???? I have a feeling I've put the wrong number some how. I mean, I have my PID written on my phone and another email from track is saying it's different??? I am so screwed if I put the wrong number.

Hmm, I really do not want to scare you but I think you should have put the Track number. There was a lot of discussion and panicking around this issue earlier in this thread and you may not be the only one who put their PID number from Apply. Best phone up Pearson and all unis (and UCAS?) asap.
Hmm, I really do not want to scare you but I think you should have put the Track number. There was a lot of discussion and panicking around this issue earlier in this thread and you may not be the only one who put their PID number from Apply. Best phone up Pearson and all unis (and UCAS?) asap.

Ah damn. I don't understand why we have different numbers for apply and track. I'll ring tomorrow, cheers!
Original post by DoeADeer
Ah damn. I don't understand why we have different numbers for apply and track. I'll ring tomorrow, cheers!

It goes back to your original PID from your first application, so you'll always have the same ID for Track, no matter how many times you apply.

I think you'll be ok; they have said that they still have the matching system so I think that will have sorted it. Call them to be safe though.
Anyone heard a ything from Cambridge today.... Bracing myself for the rejection email currently....
Original post by OldwoolwichRoad
Anyone heard a ything from Cambridge today.... Bracing myself for the rejection email currently....

Someone emailed Woolfson, and apparently they're the middle of next week.
Same here - a friend of mine got an interview invitation on Tuesday 3/11. He did an open application though.

Original post by OldwoolwichRoad
Any news from cambridge?? :K:
Original post by gillickcompetent
Same here - a friend of mine got an interview invitation on Tuesday 3/11. He did an open application though.

Really?? I didn't think they gave out any interview invitations til they made their final decisions and send them out at once.

Unless he has really incredible credentials??
Don't forget to regularly check your Spam folder / Junk mail.

This is especially if you usually view emails on your phone and not on a PC where its more obvious.

Most Uni send 'auto' generated emails about INTERVIEWS and OFFERS - and these will often be filtered as spam/junk, and are VERY easy to miss if you don't remember to check regularly!
Original post by KirstieW
Really?? I didn't think they gave out any interview invitations til they made their final decisions and send them out at once.

Unless he has really incredible credentials??

I think the final decision has been made otherwise he would not have an interview. Maybe he found out sooner because his application did not go through one of the colleges as he did an open application. (College allocation in this case takes place after interviews when/if he actually gets an offer.)

The less optimistic view is that we simply did not make the cut for interviews.
Original post by gillickcompetent
I think the final decision has been made otherwise he would not have an interview. Maybe he found out sooner because his application did not go through one of the colleges as he did an open application. (College allocation in this case takes place after interviews when/if he actually gets an offer.)

The less optimistic view is that we simply did not make the cut for interviews.

Surely he would have been allocated a college for a decision to be made. As far as I know they allocate open applications to colleges with the least applicants to even it out. His interview would also take place at one of the colleges - whichever he would have been initially allocated.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending