The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by driftawaay
For the first reason. :h:

I Bet you will run a mile when you end up in hospital one day and find out that the doctor performing the surgery on you is from Eastern Europe.

That's...that's not why you shouldn't go abroad for cosmetic surgery.
Original post by driftawaay
Well lots of girls also have the same problem as OP and pay to get smaller breasts. It is uncomfortable and inconvenient to have breasts that are too big.

fair enough but I personally think she shouldn't change only if something extremely wrong with them.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
That's...that's not why you shouldn't go abroad for cosmetic surgery.

That was very informative of you, thanks and bye.
Original post by Emily.97
Why does she need counselling?

because she is obviously suffering physiologically as a result of her usual body shape, or to be more accurate, people reaction to it.
Do you mind if I ask where you hang out?

Obv its not your fault but though I'm from up North where everyone knows each other, me and the girls had to stop going to a few clubs where guys were dodgy and the bouncers ignored it.

If you're from London there are so many creeps there tho! Idk why :s-smilie:
Oh I'm not too familiar with Wales sorry, I have heard some Welsh guys can be a bit racist tho which may be adding to the problem :s-smilie:

There are things you can do for self defence like buy a spray (not pepper spray) that's legal, or alarms and stuff. It sucks thats happening though. But I don't think getting a boob job will necessarily change guys being creeps TBH, I don't have big boobs but in some areas guys are weird and will look for any excuse. Even my Muslim friends get hit on in parts of Blackpool and they dress very conservatively ofc
Why mess with nature? I'd think very carefully before doing that, you may regret irreversibly changing your body. Don't you like feeling attractive to a guy you really like, and not like the ones who harassed you?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Why mess with nature? I'd think very carefully before doing that, you may regret irreversibly changing your body. Don't you like feeling attractive to a guy you really like, and not like the ones who harassed you?

Reading OPs posts I'm sure you can see why she wants to do so. Clearly has thought about it.
What about weightloss, OP? I have big boobs too and I hope they shrink a bit when I lose weight
It's very sad you feel you have to reduce the size of your boobs just to alleviate men harassing you OP. It's not your fault you have them, and the guys you've run into obviously shouldn't have followed you around like they did.

It's even more sad that other women on this thread feel they also should get it done because they look 'slutty' in tight fitting clothes. I mean is wearing tight clothes that show off your figure really supposed to be negative? Throwing aside clothes that you like purely because society deems it somewhat 'inappropriate' just seems so crappy. I understand where the motivation comes from and such entrenched views and entitlement will take a long time to change, but perhaps (as daunting as this is) have the confidence to stand up to these guys and report them. If they do try touching you in anyway then a swift kick to the balls should suffice. To undergo surgery or be forced to dress more conservatively to assuage these dickhead guys isn't worth it. Standing up to them however would I think be much more satisfying, though again I understand how scary it can be if groups of guys are leering at or harassing you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Mine are so small that I doubt you could tell the difference between my body and that of a 13-yo boy...

TBH I don't mind, big ones just sound like a pain to me :lol:
you need to lose weight, then your boobs will get smaller.
Original post by bassbabe
Lol this reminds me of how I went bra shopping today and cried because all of the cute bras only went up to a D cup 😂

Every single time. The struggle I have to go through to find a decent looking bra with a DD cup is unreal
why post this? I have big boobs to but no need to complain with no point xxx
If you feel that having breast reduction surgery would be the right option for you then go for it. It's a shame that the NHS won't fund it since your boobs are clearly doing more harm than good.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Every single time. The struggle I have to go through to find a decent looking bra with a DD cup is unreal

and bikini shopping is a nightmare. It has taken me three years to collect a couple of bikinis that actually fit!
Original post by jequestrian
and bikini shopping is a nightmare. It has taken me three years to collect a couple of bikinis that actually fit!

Oh god I can totally relate to that. I had to go to like 8 different stores just to find a bikini that was a DD cup
If you're a 38 band but also pretty short you are probably carrying some extra weight - have you tried losing any weight because they might shrink?

(Not trying to be offensive in any way or saying you're fat or anything. My friend used to be a 38 something massive and then she did Weight Watchers, got down to a 34 and her cup size decreased quite a lot)

Same, the normal bra's are all so ugly :redface: I mean the support is obviously necessary but it's almost sad that normal D or DD aren't as nice as A's and B's etc. Lol.
Oh god I can totally relate to that. I had to go to like 8 different stores just to find a bikini that was a DD cup

Doesn't help most hightstreet shops sell them together with bottoms as size 8 size 10 etc. Found a lovely one in Next during the summer which fits perfectly though :smile:

Latest