The Student Room Group

UCAS Still not sent off by school

My college still hasn't sent off my application to UCAS and seeing people gaining offers is really stressing me out !
Trying to let it go, relax and just focus on my A-levels but is anyone else in a similar situation?
Aha yep, same!
Reply 2
Original post by TitanCream
Aha yep, same!

It's terrible isnt it!
Original post by Slide
It's terrible isnt it!

Incredibly ;(
Reply 4
Incredibly ;(

I don't know what to do//who to talk to in order to speed up the process! - it's driving me crazy
Original post by Slide
I don't know what to do//who to talk to in order to speed up the process! - it's driving me crazy

I might just pay for my application, my college will be notified and start to move I hope.
Mine too, but the thing is, I left college! But my old tutor said she would still write my reference and send it when I was still there, I'm now in full time work and can't go and see her to get it sent off >:frown:
Reply 7
Original post by harinimnida
Mine too, but the thing is, I left college! But my old tutor said she would still write my reference and send it when I was still there, I'm now in full time work and can't go and see her to get it sent off >:frown:

Oh my goodness ! That is even worse =/ ---Email her !!
Reply 8
I might just pay for my application, my college will be notified and start to move I hope.

Fingers Crossed !
Reply 9
Original post by Slide
My college still hasn't sent off my application to UCAS and seeing people gaining offers is really stressing me out !
Trying to let it go, relax and just focus on my A-levels but is anyone else in a similar situation?

YES omg my reference was made too long, but a week has passed and it hasn't been changed so my application still hasn't been sent off! I'm seriously hoping it is ready next week...
It does not matter when your school sends it off as long as it does so in time for the Jan 15th deadline. The universities are bound by Ucas regulations to give equal consideration to all applications received by that time and the penalties imposed on them by Ucas for not doing so are sever. It is NOT a first come, first served process. Universities know exactly how to make offers throughout the entire period, and they have had many years of experience in doing so. If you are going to get an offer, you will get an offer regardless of when you send it. If you are going to get rejected, that will happen for just the same reasons.
Here are a few explanations why:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2497135&p=50432209#post50432209
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2497135&p=50430853#post50430853
Both PQ and returnmigrant work in university admissions.
Don't you just send the application yourself? In my school you just send it to the teachers to check grades and then it's very much up to you to send it as the teachers want to give you the responsibility in case you want to change an option
Original post by alexp98
Don't you just send the application yourself? In my school you just send it to the teachers to check grades and then it's very much up to you to send it as the teachers want to give you the responsibility in case you want to change an option

We do all the application ourself, pay for it, but then a tutor would send it off with their reference, so once you send it really it goes to them before it gets sent off.

I wish I had done an individual application, much less hassle.
Original post by harinimnida
We do all the application ourself, pay for it, but then a tutor would send it off with their reference, so once you send it really it goes to them before it gets sent off.

I wish I had done an individual application, much less hassle.

Yeah, seems a lot less stressful. My date is Nov 23rd when it's sent. Remember though there is equal consideration for everyone who sends it of before January 15th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending