The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArchmageRohan
"With evolution, things are always changing, so I sort of think: Should we all be growing three heads?" - Karl Pilkington

Haha, another really funny quote. Thanks so much for that one. :wink:
tyson on love.jpg

“As we grow older and realize more clearly the limitations of human happiness, we come to see that the only real and abiding pleasure in life is to give pleasure to other people.”
P.G. Wodehouse
"One who aspires for wisdom, attains it"

"Even in differences, see unity"

"A goal is achieved through labour, not merely by desire"

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." (Mark Twain)
Original post by Wave of Wisdom

“As we grow older and realize more clearly the limitations of human happiness, we come to see that the only real and abiding pleasure in life is to give pleasure to other people.”
P.G. Wodehouse

I love this quote. Thanks so much for posting it! :biggrin:
Original post by nucdev
"One who aspires for wisdom, attains it"

"Even in differences, see unity"

"A goal is achieved through labour, not merely by desire"

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." (Mark Twain)

These are amazing quotes...yet again! I am so happy I got to rep you again too. :smile:
“We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man.” - Oswald Spengler
Bit of a religious quote:

"Come out into the broad open light of day, come out from the little narrow paths, for how can the infinite soul rest content to live and die in small ruts?
Come out into the universe of Light. Everything in the universe is yours, stretch out your arms and embrace it with love. If you ever felt you wanted to do that, you have felt God."
Hi, thanks so much for the inspirational quotes from @The_Mighty_Bush and @nucdev. They were fantastic. :biggrin:
Reply 310
No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

- Fight Club, Chuck Palaniuk
Original post by Slide
No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

- Fight Club, Chuck Palaniuk

That's a great one! I love your profile picture by the way. :biggrin:
Some random favourites that fall under the general theme of inspiration:

Anon
"If what you believe does not influence your behaviour, then do you truly believe in it?"

Plutarch
“Those who aim at great deeds must also suffer greatly.”

LOTR
Frodo: “I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.”

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.”

HIMYM

Ted: “But it's not his fault, okay? It's nobody's fault. You and Zoey have nothing in common. For God's sake, Captain, she hates boats! You're just not right for each other. Look, I know it's tough to face, but I'm sure a small part of you has always known that.”

The Captain: “Why couldn't she just like boats? Just to have one thing in common? Other girls like boats, don't they?”

Ted: “Of course they do. And you'll find one. And you'll be much happier with her than you ever were with Zoey.”

The Captain: “When you put it that way, I should almost thank the doorman.”

Thoreau
“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.”

Bulleh Shah
Bulleh Shah, you can’t curdle milk without rennet
Even if you make it turn red through trying. (Sounds so much better in the original Punjabi)

Roger Staubach
“Confidence is the result of hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.”

Buckminster Fuller

"None of the world's problems will have a solution until the world's individuals become thoroughly self-educated."
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 313
Original post by Matrix123
That's a great one! I love your profile picture by the way. :biggrin:

In my opinion it is one of the best scenes of that film!

So much meaning
Original post by Hashim123
Some random favourites that fall under the general theme of inspiration:

Oh my gosh, this post is one of absolute favourites!!! I love what you've done. Thanks so much to you and @Anon, @Plutarch, @LOTR, @HIMYM, @Thoreau, @Bulleh Shah and @Roger Staubach for their truly inspiration. :wink:

My bad - sorry; I didn't realise that these quotes weren't from you guys. Haha, sorry again. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
One of my personal favourites:

"Talk to yourself at least once in a day. Otherwise you may miss a meeting with an excellent person in this world."
I would like to encourage people to try to find quotes from TSR members that they find really inspirational or that other people may find inspirational. Thank you again to @Hashim123 for this, it's an incredible idea! :biggrin:
Original post by Slide
In my opinion it is one of the best scenes of that film!

So much meaning

That's very true. :smile:
Original post by nucdev
One of my personal favourites:

"Talk to yourself at least once in a day. Otherwise you may miss a meeting with an excellent person in this world."

Wow - I love that one!!! I understand why it must be one of your favourites. It's now own of mine too! Thank you. :wink:
Original post by Matrix123
I would like to encourage people to try to find quotes from TSR members that they find really inspirational or that other people may find inspirational. Thank you again to @Hashim123 for this, it's an incredible idea! :biggrin:

Lol, none of those are from TSR members. :laugh: They're all famous, either fictional or non-fictional.

Quick Reply

Latest